freezerpup

Wolves of Darkness and Light.

((on 3ds so no colour.))

Ok Now we have finished we will goto sleep. Tomorrow we will eat hunt and look for more pack members said Alaska. He dosed off but slept lightly. He didnt snore. He could still hear what was going on around him.

Kaldaka sighed. She had rather been looking forward to the deer. But now this other wolf had gone in and turned it into a bloodbath. She stood up and stalked off, looking for something else to hunt.

(Edit: Just going to say, in the rules it says no godmodding, there are a few wolves just going around and one-hit killing, just saying that other animals have defences too, including hard hooves and antlers)

((edited))

(Alaska's side)

Stormia gazed up to see the stars. There are less stars then yesterday's... Weird. She thought as her white paws laid beside her. Her skin and furr could feel the gentle breeze. Upon a thought, Stormia frowned at the separation of the huge pack they had before. She missed it, but there wzas no going back now.

Edited by RTD

Assinaitok looked up with a bloody muzzle from his meal as he smelled the wolves again. He started in the direction of what smelled like a pack. He would stalk just a little, see if they would attack. If they attacked, he would just have to make them back off.

(Alaska)

Deep into thinking, Stormia relaxed her body. It was a peaceful night, but for some odd reason, she just couldn't sleep. Alerted, her nose picked up a faint scent. Another wolf... It does not seem like a familiar smell. She thought as she kept her eyes a bit open. She made sure she didn't make it obvious that she was awake.

Edited by RTD

Assinaitok came across a wolf den. The scent was strongest here, and also ended as well. He saw a white wolf that was sleeping, but it sniffed the air periodically. Dream, he thought. He stalked from a distance.

Edited by vamprah9588

(Alaska)

Stormia smelt the scent getting stronger. Then it stopped. Stormia noticed now the scent decreased little by little. Before she knew it, she too, had fallen asleep.

Assinaitok laid down as he waited for any other movement. His grey fur and size made him look like a boulder. Only on closer inspection they would notice. He closed his eyes for a moment, and rested. The elk sat nicely in his stomach.

Alaska woke up when he heard the sniffing. Whos there he said looking around him. He seen the other wolf. Who might you be? Are you here to join us?

Blizzardpelt walked up to Shadow with the elk in tow. "Here's a freshly killed elk, Shadow! We need more to eat. So, I decided to go hunting! This elk is the result,", Blizzardpelt said, pointing at the elk with her nose.

Assinaitok stayed in his state, keeping quiet in case they started sniffing around. He peeked from one eye. The grey wolf had woken up, and was trying to get him out of hiding. He had the scent that told 'I'm the Alpha, I'm the leader,' and so on. They didn't seem to mind other's scents around their den. Easy to take over, then. All one would have to do is move their scent borders closer every day, and chase them out when the border covered the den.

((*raises hand to join WolfQuest club* I love that game.))

Inthiraelia started from her half-trance and got up, growling, at the scent of a lone wolf. "Who goes there?" she snarled, slinking after the scent. She spotted a boulder and noted that the trail ended there. Upon closer inspection, she saw that it was a wolf, not a boulder. "I know you're there." she growled, walking around it.

~

Kirkkaero heard Inthiraelia's voice. Intiraelia! Why is she here?! he thought, getting up. When he listened closer, he heard what she was saying. I know you're there. she said. He skulked low to watch. She was walking around a boulder. "Intiraelia? What are you doing?" he murmured. Inthiraelia's head shot up. "Kirkkaero! What are you doing here?!" she growled. "I heard you talking..."

Kaldaka sniffed around. Hoping to catch the scent of another deer. She froze. Her eyes locked on the patch of grass ahead of her. A young deer, straying from it's herd, had wandered into the clearing. Kaldaka moved carefully around it so she could see clearly. She glanced around, no other wolf was near. The deer was hers. She began to stalk forward, creeping, silently. The deer raised it's head. Kaldaka leapt out. It's legs sprag into action and carried it towards the far end of the clearing, further from it's heard. Kaldaka's paws hit the ground with a muffled thud, she began sprinting closer, closing the gap between them. As soon as she was close enough, she jumped. Her mouth opened. It was over in a second. Her claws grappled onto the deer's brown hide. It's legs flew from under itself. It struggled, kicking. Kaldaka sunk her teeth into it's neck. Warm blood poured in. It tasted sweet.

(Om nom nom)

((I can't even count how many times I've been stamped to death by an elk. I just hunt rabbits now.))

Assinaitok stood up and looked at the two wolves arguing among themselves. they had scents of different packs, but seemed to be somewhat friendly towards each other. His tail raised up in a dominant stance, and he held his position against the two wolves.

Edited by vamprah9588

((Posting in millions of threads at one time while listening to Discord, keeping check on my dragons, and reading Know Your Memes all at once. MULTITASKING~~))

Inthiraelia turned and growled at Assinaitok. "Who are you?" she growled, not quavered by the wolf's size. Kirkkaero eyed the large wolf uncertainly, as if calculating how much damage Inthiraelia could deal and get. He nudged her, as if to say, You're no match. She took note, but ignored it, standing her ground.

((Posting, DeviantART, listening to LP, working on sprites, and making a shelf.

One-upped.))

"I have been called Assinaitok by others. What do you two go by?" His eyes darted between the two, seeing if they would attack. The two long strands of fur on his chest flowed it the wind. He kept his tail raised. The male had submitted in his mind, but had yet to show it. The female returned Assinaitok's stance.

Kaldaka licked her lips. She tore a chunk out of the deer's side, trowing it back into her mouth. She tore another piece and continued her feast. Such a fitting reward for her first succesful hunt of the day.

"I'm Kirkkaero. Kur-kae-ree-oh." he made sure the wolf would understand how to pronounce his name. "And Inthiraelia." the Mackenzie Valley Wolf responded, still not backing down. "Odd name for you." she growled. Kirkkaero tapped her side. She finally took the hint not to attack, but still held her air of hostility.

Shadow howled loudly as a signal for anyone who was in her pack to come to her den. The dead elk looked tasty. She was dying to eat them. But she decided to be polite and wait for her pack to come before they ate lunch. After lunch they would start training then they would go hunting.

(WOLF QUEST))

"Odd? In the Inuit language, it means free. And being an Amarok, it fits that special niche." He swished his tail in the air, showing his restlessness. He started walking a circle around the two. "I smell different packs on you two..."

((And it does translate to that, I used an english-to-inuit site to find it.

And is Kirkkaero just a combo of Kirk and Kaero? Human+dragon=wolf.))

Edited by vamprah9588

Kirkkaero bristled as he heard his leader calling her pack members. "I need to go.. Inthiraelia, don't attack him." he whispered the last part to Inthiraelia as he paced away to the pack den, but not before washing off Intiraelia's scent.

Kaldaka's blood-stained muzzle lifted from the remains of the deer. She heard Shadow's cry. She stood up, grumbling a bit, and began to run through the forest in the direction of her voice.

She seen her her pack running towards her. None had been with her. She started walking slowly towards the den as the others caught up with her. Lunch time she shouted hoping that they would run a little faster.

((In a wolf pack, the Alpha, AKA shadow, would eat first, and then the rest eat in order of rank. Omegas get the scraps or nothing if none is left. [so, Alpha, Beta, Gamma, Delta, Omega.]

Oop, It's gamma, delta, not delta, gamma.))

Edited by vamprah9588