OnABadBet

Le Velo Pour Deux

So, hi!

I'm Bet. Some call me OABB or Meg; I'm okay with any of those.

I'm...not the best artist, probably mediocre at best, but my favorite medium by far is plain ol' graphite. I do enjoy my oil pastels and charcoals, however. I also paint on occasion, but that's...irrelevant. xd.png

I'm pretty much making this thread so I have a place to toss my sketches when I feel bad about shoving them in peoples' faces, essentially screaming "LOOKIE WHAT I DID, MOM!" Crits are always welcome, as I really would like to improve my art where I can. Feedback is loved. <3

If people really show interest in my sketches (ehe, not counting on that~), I might start accepting eggs/hatchlings as payment for sketches for dragon requests/OCs/etc.

Anyway, here's my most recent work! It's very loosely based off the Kirin of Japanese mythology (no flaming for it not actually being a Kirin, please, lol. It's not meant to be).

Click for the super-huge version. c:

user posted image

Edited by OnABadBet

Yes, the mane is very nice! I love it when I see that individual strands of hair were drawn in; it makes a nice texture.

The right front leg seems a bit long to me, though--its' hoof goes lower than the left hoof, which is the one closest to the viewer.

The right front leg seems a bit long to me, though--its' hoof goes lower than the left hoof, which is the one closest to the viewer.

Yeah, I'll agree with that. c: I appreciate the feedback!

And thank you, Krystal. biggrin.gif

Edited by OnABadBet

BETTTTTTT owo that spin-off (is it okay to call it that? P:) kirin is amazinggg biggrin.gif

buttt just a thought tho, i just feel like the hind legs (and i understand its bent, but if it wasnt..) are somewhat shorter? or is that how you intended for it to be? like, long legs in the front, and short legs in the back? O:

BETTTTTTT owo that spin-off (is it okay to call it that? P:) kirin is amazinggg biggrin.gif

buttt just a thought tho, i just feel like the hind legs (and i understand its bent, but if it wasnt..) are somewhat shorter? or is that how you intended for it to be? like, long legs in the front, and short legs in the back? O:

Aww! Yeah, spin-off actually covers it pretty well xd.png

O_O

I love that picture... I looked at it and thought to myself, "Wait, that is on paper? Holy crap it looks real."

Indeed, looking at it, the back legs do look shorter. (Obviously better than mine by far so who am I to talk?  xd.png )

Thank you both very much! biggrin.gif

And yes, actually, I intended for the front legs to be longer c: Kind of like a hyena, if you will?

I bring more art. o3o

This one's really old, but I felt like I should probably have more than one piece up on my own thread.

Excuse the icky horns and wimpy shading -- like I said, it's old. Click for the bigger image. :3

user posted image

The words are lyrics -- "I want the burn and bliss again" -- from the song Plans And Reveries by Black Gold. <3

I got bored and made tiny (mostly just flat-colored) sprites of two of my favorite things ~o~

user posted imageuser posted image (the second isn't very visible, but it's Arizona Green Tea with Ginseng and Honey <3)

Both from scratch, but. *Shrug* Would anyone be interested if I started offering to trade little things like that for eggs? o.o

Welp. Drew this for myself to shove in my signature at some point or another:

user posted image

I did it with pencil, outlined and colored with marker. Then downsized it and transparency'd. o.o So it's not really traditional or pixel art...? *Ruins sanctity of two art forms simultaneously* Oops.

Anyway, it's one of my concepts and it's called a Spiral-Necked Wyvern. Yay~

HOLY MOLY. You. Can. Draw. Like. MAD.

Its so pretty <3

My jaw dropped when I saw the Kirin at the top. Thats how shocked I was. Okay, now look what you just done? Now I feel like drawing a unicorn D:

Aww, thank you!

Also, I've started noticing that most/all of my dragons fall into either the pretty/elegant or cute/playful categories. So I forced myself to draw a spiky dragon. And I named him Sir Srsface.

user posted image

Click for the full size. tongue.gif

And excuse how messy the sketch is; it was done quickly and I was too lazy to clean up the lines or shade.

Yaaay, another sketch. This one, well. I decided that I could really use some practice drawing draconic wings, because frankly, I suck at it. So here's this. Click for the full size, as usual. :3

user posted image

Crits welcome <3

I like the combination of the horse-like head and the tufted tail. It makes the dragon seem really graceful. The feet and what I can see of the legs bother me a bit, though--they're rather spindly compared to the body.

The body is actually extremely thin -- originally, this was a wingless dragon. For the body, imagine a greyhound. So...yeah, spindly. xd.png

hmmmm harro bet :3

the legs also kinda bothered me abit.. haha xd.png until i read ur comment just now :3 but well, even if its a greyhound-esque body type, i think you just wanna try drawing the feet slightly bigger? as even though the legs are long and thin, the feet still need to be in proportion :3 just a thought!

Ehh, I redrew her feet (kind of, and what I did was rather lazily done -- like I said, I only meant this drawing to be for wing practice, so I'm not overly concerned about her feet). Now, though, they just look overly large and clumsy in comparison to her legs. I meant for her legs and feet to be dainty little things.

Anyway, behold lazily-drawn and slightly-larger feet:

user posted image

I got bored and made tiny (mostly just flat-colored) sprites of two of my favorite things ~o~

user posted imageuser posted image (the second isn't very visible, but it's Arizona Green Tea with Ginseng and Honey <3)

Both from scratch, but. *Shrug* Would anyone be interested if I started offering to trade little things like that for eggs? o.o

Those are adorable. xd.png I'd be willing to pay for a few. Love your sketches as well. ^^

Amazing~ I don't know the names for half of these things, though. Although I do know about Nutella and Arizona Green Tea with Ginseng and Honey. And the dragons. But wow.

Amazing~ I don't know the names for half of these things, though. Although I do know about Nutella and Arizona Green Tea with Ginseng and Honey. And the dragons. But wow.

I'll take that as a compliment. xd.png So thank you!

Those are adorable. xd.png I'd be willing to pay for a few. Love your sketches as well. ^^

And thank you, as well!

Since the, uh...oh, hell, I think they're commonly called "Leetles"? Anyway, since those got a few positive responses, I think I'll start offering those in exchange for certain eggs/hatchlings. I'll work out the details and post everything at some point in the next few minutes. :3

Hi, Bet. (-ty Crocker? -shot-)

These are spiffy things you have here :>