Moonbeam22

Archery

1.Do you shoot archery?

Yes

2.Do you own a bow? A crossbow?

Yes, though I don't remember what kind exactly... I do know it isn't a crossbow.

3.Do you hunt?

nope

4.Have you been in archery competitions?

not really, unless ones in school count that are for fun.

I've always wanted to try archery, but there aren't many archery ranges around here. So the answers to all the questions are no.

1. i used to

2. Yes i own a 2007 hoyte (sp?) bow about a 45lb draw

3. I've gone 'hunting' but I've never seen anything while I was out and it kinda got boring after a while

4. Yes when I first got my bow I was in a youth archery competition, we where paired up with someone. Me and my partner never won but I did get 'best improvement' trophy at the end of the first one

1 - Yep

2 - Crossbow

3 - Use to

4 - Nope

I got a crossbow because of Daryl Dixon. LOVE THAT MAN.

1. Yes, for about a year and a half

2. Yes, I own a 45 pound draw-weight compound bow (though it will go up to 70 pounds if I adjust it)

3. Not yet, but I plan to do so, once the draw weight is up to 50-60 pounds

4. No, I work on the days my area competes. dry.gif

1.Do you shoot archery?

Yes

Yes I have a 10lb training bow, a pistol crossbow (I don't use it at all) and I just got a 50lb Recurve bow <- I have a hard time stringing this sucker

3.Do you hunt?

Well in essence yes though I mostly hunt fish I do want to start hunting deer but only when we have a low food supply which isn't going to be happening soon

no, I probably wouldn't do well honestly I don't have a target to practice with so I don’t know how well my aim is. Though when I was messing around with my cousins kiddy bow I found that I have better aim if I am walking then when I am standing still.

Also a hint for people with Recurve bows or other wooden bows don't keep them strung because the string will stretch and the bow will bend to that shape causing it to lose it's powerfulness.

*Pushes thread to front*

Just gonna give this a bump

My bow:

user posted image

This is a great bow for beginners, as it's onlt a 20lb draw weight. I have shot it for three years and have only needed to replace the arrow guide and have the bowstring fixed once.

i dont shoot yet, but i hope to get into the sport once i have the expendable income to afford lessons and a bow

im hoping to eventually get competent with hunting-archery, in case theres some world apocalypse or i get stranded in the wild where the skill set will be useful. i dont plan to actually hunt unless i would need to

i am hoping to get good enough at competitive archery to enter competitions though. it would be nice to have some pocket cash earned from a hobby

but as of right now i dont do any of the above

1.Do you shoot archery?

Yes

Martin Jaguar recurve bow, 60 inch and 2.7lbs

3.Do you hunt?

No, I don't like killing

No but I want to

Yes, yes (an English longbow if I remember right), no, and no.

I shoot when I can. I'm looking into really getting into the hobby when I have the time. Both my wife and I are vegetarians, so no hunting or anything. I only like traditional archery, not crossbows or compounds.

Ever since I fell in love with the Elves of Middle-Earth, I have always wanted to learn archery.

The university where I studied offered basic archery and advanced archery as physical education classes. These classes were the closest opportunities I got to learning archery. Alas, those classes failed to fit my schedule during my entire university life. This pursuit fell out of my priorities as I became busy with other things as well.

I don't own a bow or a crossbow. I don't hunt. I have never been in archery competitions.

Some ten years ago indoor shooting ranges were all the rage and they just started popping up everywhere - in malls, small shophouses converted, makeshift stalls. It was fun to try and get a feel for it as it was something new we'd never done before. Eventually they just started charging too much for arrow batches and the fad died down, so even if I wanted to revist it, I couldn't find a shooting range.

They used those weird heavy metal ones that I couldn't for the life of me name. Searching on google they seem most similar to recurve you mentioned. They wouldn't have different sizes for kids or people with longer arms.

My accuracy ranged between bullseye and 'that guy's target 3 lanes down from me'.

No to the rest of it, evidently.

Edited by Redds

1.Do you shoot archery?

No. I have shot a bow before, but it was just at a small theme park. My mother, little sister and her father all do though.

No, but my mother, little sister and her father all own bows.

3.Do you hunt?

No, I think it's wrong.

No, but my family have

1.Do you shoot archery?

i do sometimes, mostly it's guns now.

i own a bow.

3.Do you hunt?

no, but i kinda do want to.

no

1. yes

2. yes

3. no, I couldn't kill an animal

4. no

Edited by ShadowMonster

I wish I could practice archery. Sadly, my eyesight is quite bad, and even with glasses I don't believe my aim is the best. Seems like an awesome kind of thing to do, imo.

1.Do you shoot archery?

I have done before,

I used to have a traditional wooden bow. I

I originally bought it for a costume, actually. Unfortunately, I reused it for another costume at a convention, and it was stolen when I left it at a table to go put my trash from lunch in the bin. sad.gif

3.Do you hunt?

No, whilst I do still eat meat, I love animals, and could never just hunt them when I can easily just go buy meat if i so wanted it. The only scenario I would ever hunt was if I was lost and starving to death. And even then, I'd feel guilty. =P

No, and don't really plan to be.

Do you shoot archery? Yes! I've always wanted to and my town started an archery program, I've been shooting in that class since June 16

2.Do you own a bow? A crossbow? I have a red recurve bow. I love it! I need to get a sight for it, that's next on my list.

3.Do you hunt? No, just shoot targets.

4.Have you been in archery competitions? I entered one, came in second place. Havent been able to go since.

user posted image[/img]

1.Do you shoot archery?

As of now, no. My last archery session was 2 years ago.

Yeah, my dusty, composite bow weighing at 14 lbs.

3.Do you hunt?

Oh yeah, living in a urban area with the nearest forest/jungle in the province? Oh yeah, I hunt :V

No, and I have no intention of joining because I will "ULTIMATELY" fail the moment I take my first shot.

1. Yes, I shoot archery.  I started in amusement parks breaking balloons which I did for hours sometiimes...ccccCC

2. Yes. 2 bows and a variety of arrows, mostly target.  A 20lb and a 30lb, both fiberglas..

3.  No, I do not hunt.

4. No, altho I am setting up a small range in my back yard with bales of hays...

I have shot pistol competition in the Master Class for 4 years.

1.Do you shoot archery?

Yes. Currently trying to get a "lighter" bow though because all I have are two very heavy Native American bows that are uncomfortable for me to drawback.

I have two NA long bows, looking to possibly get an English longbow or a smaller bow.

3.Do you hunt?

Yes, but not with a bow typically.

Do Renaissance festival "competitions" count? 😅