sharlykng

Zompocalyse - Accepting

((There's a new thing coming next Sunday :3 The obstacle changes to keep the RP running. Good entrance point for newcomers me thinks.))

Rae

I lift a shoulder and drop it. A shrug. "Don't know. Some die. Some still here. Some skeleton. 'Boneys' we call them. Little ones more..." I rack my brain for the correct word. "...active I think."

Edited by sharlykng

((Present tense, girlfairy!))

Rae

I shake my head. "No die. Don't know why. Magic," I tell her, my amber eyes turning to gaze at the other hatchling. I didn't want to overrun by hatchlings -a horrid feeling according to some of the other adults- so I get up and lie next to a small pool of water instead. If I concentrate enough...

Brrztt! Something yellow fizzes pass me and into the water, effectively killing any living creature in it. My lips turn upwards in a lopsided grin as a small -and dead-looking- fish bobs to the surface. I fish it out and throw it to the meat pile.

Edited by sharlykng

((I know I know! Nd is how I say and xd.png)))

Mist(I dint wanna bold it. I will fix that on the computer))

I watch as Rae brings the fish. Than, the ember dragon flys up to me."you...new?" he says with some hatchlings behind."no." I glare at him." I Emb!" he says.((gtg school))

Miyuus

I'm walking home completely satisfied from my morning meal, I can still taste the juicy blood trickling in my throat and the muscles tearing in my jaws. Just up ahead the cave is coming into view and I feel a strange discomfort settling in the pit of my stomach.-"Some...change..I...gone?"-I moan out, my thoughts jumble in an attempt to solidify into something useful. I have no such luck, I shrug my decaying shoulders and I dismiss the effort. It's only when I walk into the cave do I notice that there is a stranger eating our food. I give another shrug. No matter, as long as I...we get food everything is perfect. While dragging my feet my wings rustle behind me, lifting slightly to keep my balance, my walk to the back of the cave is short and I'm already settling in my usual spot, far from the dragons here. Due to my short temper I am let alone by the others, not like I mind or anything. On the outside I react to my thoughts and I can feel my jaw twist unnaturally because of my scowl, I lift my arm and nudge the dislocated bone into place with unnecessary force.-"So..mad...bone..stay!" -I snarl to myself. Jeez! Being a zombie like I am, it was clear for anyone to see that it was no fun at all.

((edited~Any better?))

Edited by Chasilin

((Present tense. You're using past tense. And no, the leader of the horde didn't change ><" Rae just taught him a lesson.))

Wen

I hear a rumble "My belly,I probably should eat." I walk over to the meat pile and eat. "The meat pile sure looks low. Should I get something for the clan? I'm only 2 days old...,nah,I think I saw the hunting group leave." I then see a lone dragon bring in a whole dead dragon in. "Nope! I think we've got it for now!" (1 question,how long does time goes in one day? If it's 1 day at a time then Wen has to take years to grow! xd.png)

Edited by PeachSapling

(Sorry I'm off so much. School is taking a lot of my time.)

Rev

I shake my head and look at the younger dragons around me. "Sorry...mind...trouble..." I manage to blurt out. I flinch at my own bad speech and give the younger ones a sad smile. "Rev...not..normal."

((I think it depends on the RP itself. Luckily for us, zombies zone out and we can pretty much do anything that doesn't have to make common sense with regards to time. biggrin.gif))

Rae

I raise my head from my idyllic fishing, feeling uncharacteristically curious about the newcomer. I watch with content amusement as she stalks in, claims an empty spot a little away from the others, and jam her lower jaw back into place when it dropped. I let out a sympathetic gurgle, looking back at the pool. I was blessed enough to retain most of my looks, or as blessed as anyone can be in this undead state.

I raise and spread my wings, staring at the torn membrane stonily. I remember my wings being my pride and joy before... Now they are just useless flapping skin clinging to bone. I mourn for the loss of flight for a moment before tucking my wings back and closing my golden eyes.

Miyuus

-I blink and look around me and think. Ok, well, I try to think anyway. I can't remember what I was doing. Crap. I blacked out again! With a hiss of annoyance I shift myself to be more comfortable and shake my head to clear my cobweb infested brain. I stop to ponder that too. Hah! I probably do have cobwebs up there. Go figure. While I dwell on the possibility of cobwebs in my skull, my stomach gurgles in an ugly muffled way. If I could blush, I might have just now. Since I can't, I'll just have to go out and find that dead hellfire wyvern again. I feel a bubbly choking sound from my throat that sounds closely to drowning on my own internal fluids. I need to stop laughing...I need to gather my bearings and go out. So, as I pick myself up, my wings automatically lift for balance and I make my way back out of the cave to go do something with my spare time, carefully avoiding the others as I move. Once outside, I clear my throat with a hacking sound and feel a piece of skin from inside my throat, lift itself into my mouth. I want to gag but somehow it doesn't bother me and I swallow it back down. Jeez, being a zombie is disgusting!

Continuing into the forest, it's not long before I come to the corpse I left behind. It's a little less appetizing now, as clearly, in the short time I had left it, it had been ravished by other animals, or zombies. Oh! There, in his chest, it's my claw. I move over to it and stare at it. I know what it is but now I can't remember what I was going to do with it or that it's even mine. Far too lazy to trudge back to the cage, I plop down beside the carcass and rest my head on his gouged open chest. Ah, this is nice.- "Miyuus...sleeeeep now."

Edited by Chasilin

((sorry I havent been on x.x I'm using too much time on a prison for hatchlings.))

Mist

As I snap myself back to life, I go away from the cave to do exploring. I didn't go about a couple of inches away before my claw came off. I growled picking it up.Darn it. I think crawling back into the cave.

Wen

(Lot of thinking here xd.png I hope it's not too much))

As I walk around the cave I wonder to myself,"What's out there,outside of the cave? It looks very bright out there. I remember an elder zombie dragon say something about...what were they called? He said that out there,there are some weird looking creatures that look nothing like us. They stand on 2 legs,they have what they call "arms","skin",and "hair". They also have no wings. And they have what they call "children" that don't even hatch from eggs! What kind of creature is that?! I'll ask Rae and Mist if they know."

I walk up to Mist or Rae and ask them "Do you know....a creature with....legs,arms,and hair.....and also don't......lay eggs?" I ask curiously. "I forgot what....they are." (The dots is when she's pausing)

Mist

I watch as When walks up to me. "I havent seen any creature like that." I say, and I go and eat some more food.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Emb

I walks up to Mist,Trying to get away form the other hatchlings. "Hey............. Got a mom?" I say

~~~~~~~~

Mist

"A mom? Course no." I say looking at him confused. I continue pushing meat into my mouth.

Rae

I lift my head, thinking. "You mean humans? They alternative food," I shrug and use a steady claw to draw a stick figure. "Easy kill, but must careful. Have long grey things. Shoot painful." I stand and look at the meat pile; it's getting low. "Need hunt soon," I rumble.

((*racks brain for something* Any little stowaways? xd.png))

Rae

I get up with a grunt, and gather a few more adults, careful to avoid the leader. No need to aggravate him further. We slowly head out, grimacing at the sun's appearance. Too hot for my taste, but the littler ones need more food.

"Bring fresh back," I order my troupe, glaring at the few protesters. They quickly shut up when I burn a hole into them. Figuratively though, not literally. That would be cool, but cumbersome.

Edited by sharlykng

Mist

I walk away from the Ember Hatchling, Confused. What does he mean? Well, he meant 'Moment' BUt i didnt know right now.

Emb

"Ay! means..... mom......ent!" I say at the Confused dark Mist Pygmy Zombie. I sigh and stumble toward Rae."Ay. R-Rae!' I say with a crooked smile.

Wen

I look over at the ember dragon calling Rae Who is that dragon? I've never seen him before. Is he new? I look at the big cave entrance. "I still wonder what's out there. I know there are humans,that's for sure,but what else is there?" I look at Rae's stick figure. "T-they are weird looking-g." I crawl to the near entrance of the cave. Then I sneak out to the healing berry bush near the cave. I see a freshly dead hatchling. "Poor thing,I'll have to be careful,or I'll be like that." I drag the hatchling back to the cave,luckily no one sees me,and I put it on the meat pile. "Need more meat. Not enough meat." I try to shrug. "Where-e is hunt group? Take very long."

Miyuus

-I wake up with a putrid smell of rotting flesh and decay. I look around myself and I see that I have been sleeping on a dead hellfire wyvern.- "Ohhhhhh..." -I mean to say that swiftly but my jaw unhinges again and it draws out unnecessarily. Darn. Picking myself up I sniff the air and wrinkle my nose with a bit of distaste and a sudden intense hunger, it is building up from the center of my undead body. I look down, to look at the invisible hunger, and see that the claw I had broken off in this Wyvern's chest, had somehow transferred to my own. I want to think that it hurts but it just doesn't. So I give a shrug because I can't think of any reason to care and I bend down, wrap my teeth around the dragon's neck, and yank the limp thing upwards, further gripping it with my slack jaw so I don't drop it. With a heave I begin to drag it back to the cave, my thoughts are completely distracted and I can't remember much, or focus on what I'm doing, my feet are mostly moving by dead-muscle memory.

I'm soon at the mouth of the cave and I back up into the food pile. I'm unsatisfied with where the dragon is so I whip back my wings and slap the air with them as hard as I can so I can give myself a little leverage. I need to throw the dragon onto the pile and, with my wings helping me, I jerk my neck and successfully feel the dead weight being transferred into the air.

SNAP!

I blink trying to figure out where that sound came from. Looking around curiously I, well I try to, open my mouth and this is when I realize it. The snap was my lower mandible completely dislodging from my skull, my teeth kept it caught in the torn flesh of the male wyvern. I let out a disgruntled cry and shake my head furiously. In a disoriented haze, I fling myself at the dead dragon and rip at it with my claws, I'm trying desperately to get my jaw back but I am hopelessly insane with grief.

I really hate being a zombie. I miss my old glorious life. I want it back so bad. I give an unintelligible gurgle to express my emotions and it only makes me feel worse. Right now, I just want my jaw back...-

Edited by Chasilin

Rae

I turn my head back towards the sound of my name and see a little one totter in my direction. "What?" I rumble in annoyance, waving my hunting crew onwards with my tail. I will easilly catch up with them later. "You stay inside." I emphasize this by pushing the dark coloured hatchling back to the cave entrance. "You stay here," I say, jerking my head towards the meat pile before picking up my pace, moving back to the hunting group.

Emb

"stay? Me go!" I say pleadingly. Knowing that Rae would not let me, I sigh and look at Wen. The dragon that was looking at me when I was talking to Rae."What...you wan?" I say looking at Wen, slightly Angry I can't go with Rae.

Rae

At last we spot a cave near the river. Little hatchlings run about, play fighting. The adults doze in the sun, some watching their babies indulgently. I feel almost bad to break the happy picture. Almost.

We cluster near the cave, cautious to stay downwind lest the scent alerts them to our presence first. "Small keep alive. Practice hunt," I grunt to the other zombies, who just stare back at me blankly. I roll my eyes mentally and turn back, observing our targets closely. Just when the hatchlings dart inside, the adults lazily move to stand, preparing to go back into the cave. I give the signal and as one, we charge, oblivious to the sudden barrage of noises we are making.

I narrow my eyes as the sun scorches our hides, but that only spurs us faster. One of the adults, a male Flamingo Wyvern roars infignantly at the filthy intruders -that's us , I suppose-. I reply his challenge with a growl, spreading my wings as I take larger strides. The Flamingo rushes at me like an angry buffalo, puffs of hot air escaping his flaring nostrils. I slow my gait, and with a flourish, pull my wings up just as he passes by. His head whips around in confusion, and moves to turn. I take the oppoturnity to wrap my tail around his leg, rendering him immobile. With practiced ease, I hop onto the Flamingo's back, my claws digging into his thick hide. He let out a furious snarl and attempts to dislodge me by shaking himself rapidly. I cling onto him like a burr, and quickly sink my teeth into the neck area, hoping the shaking would lessen. He yelps in pain, his blood staining his body, darkening the pink colour.

With the lethal blow, the male gradually weakens, and slumps to the ground as I move off of him. I flip him over and use my claws to slice his chest open, already salivating at the precious treat I am going to have.

Edited by sharlykng

Miyuus

-Despite my efforts I am simply unable to dislodge my jaw from the dead dragon's neck. This is just making more and more upset. Then, in a sudden spur of intelligence, I recall my earlier tactic and put it to good use for me now. My wings are already spread wide open behind me, they are moving reflexively to my bumbling and disorganized thoughts. While wrapping my claws around my jaw, I tell myself to hang on for dear undead-life. This better work. My wings start furiously beating the poor defenseless air in their blind haste, and I jerk backwards as hard as I can manage. It's a matter of seconds before my jaw comes loose and I land hard on my tail bone.

A cry slips past my exposed throat but I'm hardly able to notice the tingling in my hide because my eyes are fixed on my recovered jaw bone. I did it!! Thrilled, I grasp it closely to my chest as if it is my greatest treasure. Right now? It is. Quickly, I align the mandible with the rest of my skull and torn flesh. Now, with a thrust of the heel of my fore claw, I hear the unpleasant, however understandably pleasant, sound of a pop and a familiar senseless wave of pain that tells me my jaw is back in place. I can't help myself, so in a random burst of spastic joy, I let out a cry. It's one of sheer happiness.- "Miyuuuuus jawg'sh baaaggck" -I might have spoken quickly with the rapid flow of emotion that ripples throughout my body but, with my being a zombie and all, it is dramatically delayed and drawn out to the point of moaning.

I don't mind, in this moment of achievement and reunion with my jaw, I can't even think about being a zombie or missing my old life. N'aw, that would slam dunk me later. I could be sure of at least that. In a sick and twisted way I smile, my face distorting hideously. As it spreads across my rotted, but mostly in tact face, my eyes regain an odd glow that they have hardly ever had since my untimely and gruesome death.-

Edited by Chasilin