sharlykng

Zompocalyse - Accepting

((Yayness~))

Miyuus

-I feel myself glance away but quickly look back.- "No like others. Miyuus differ." - I say, my teeth gnashing together as bits of cheek get caught between it when I talk. I soon feel a rumbling and realize I am laughing, not at, but with Rae in my own weird way.- "Yes, sheep. Easy." -My lips are trying to pull back in a smile but it's only very slight and I quickly let it drop because the effort to keep it up annoys me. I really begin to thank about her question. Why do I stay far from the others? I know why but I can feel it's hard to explain, most especially because of the common symptom of slurred and unintelligible speech amongst zombies. I give it a go anyway.- "Miyuus fight. Need. No need? No fight." - I hope that this is enough for her to understand and I can feel my body shift in anticipation.-

Wen

I look outside the big cave opening when I see something strange in the ground. Curious,I slip past the guards (They aren't that great in guarding if the hatchlings keep getting taken xd.png) And see a hole 3 times as large as me (a footprint). "What t-that?" I question to myself. I walk inside and ask Rae or Mist when they aren't busy,"What's this?" And I draw out the footprint on the ground. "S-Strange hole. Very b-big."

((Yayness~))

Miyuus

-I feel myself glance away but quickly look back.- "No like others. Miyuus differ." - I say, my teeth gnashing together as bits of cheek get caught between it when I talk. I soon feel a rumbling and realize I am laughing, not at, but with Rae in my own weird way.- "Yes, sheep. Easy." -My lips are trying to pull back in a smile but it's only very slight and I quickly let it drop because the effort to keep it up annoys me. I really begin to thank about her question. Why do I stay far from the others? I know why but I can feel it's hard to explain, most especially because of the common symptom of slurred and unintelligible speech amongst zombies. I give it a go anyway.- "Miyuus fight. Need. No need? No fight." - I hope that this is enough for her to understand and I can feel my body shift in anticipation.-

((

They aren't that great in guarding if the hatchlings keep getting taken
Of course not! Easily distracted remember? xd.png Not to mention hatchlings love to go out and play.))

Rae

I'm glad that Miyuus answers me. "Rae feels same," I admit, happy that we're on the same page here. I give her a close-lipped grin; don't want her to get the wrong idea. I hear little Wen call me, and wander over to her. She just finishes drawing something on the rocky floor. "Footprint?" I say, albeit confused. It looks rather familiar, but I cannot place it where I've seen it before. I try to catch Miyuus' attention by waving my tail. "Weird print on floor. You know?" I ask her.

Miyuus

-I catch Rae's smile and send one back just as she turns to the attention of the hatchling I saw her with before. I admit I am peeved until she beckons me over with her tail. I gladly hobble over. At her side I begin to study the peculiar shape and at first it is unfamiliar. However, after a moment of speculation, I find that bits of my memory are falling into place.-"Miyuus know!" -I gasp suddenly, and without warning.

As the initial shock wears off I start to growl, a deep and feral growl, until one word rumbles past my menacingly parted jaws.- "Human." -My relations with the finicky and fleshy creatures are none to peachy. My muscles tense when I recall the reason for my being a zombie in the first place. It was through the betrayal of a human.-

((Busy drawing xd.png))

Rae

I nod spectulatively. "Should be." I place my paw next to the crude drawing, comparing the rather tiny print next to mine. I turn to Wen. "Where you find?" I start to worry; if our little ones spotted the humans, that must mean there are some close! They won't stand a chance against that grey muzzel weapon. "Wen, take us there," I tell her.

(i'm sorry for not joining in till now. my is broke basically, and i haven't been able to get to forums through my DSi. may be inactive for a few more days, unless it keeps just barely working.)

Styx

I begin to trek out of my former 'territory', heading to the main cave from the human settlements. my body is stiff, as, so far, I've failed at hunting. I groan, repeating myself, "hungry.." over and over slowly as I limp.

(sorry for short post.. just thought i'd need to let you all now. x_x)

(It's fine,zombies are known to zone out you know xd.png.)

Wen

"Ok.",I say to them. I lead them outside into a clearing in the forest,then I see somethings not there before. "I no remember m-more." I point and right there,more than 40 prints were there. "I only r-remember few. N-not more than that." I smell the air. I smell something odd. (Smoke) "Smell air. W-weird smell. What is it?" I say with a puzzled and scared look.

Edited by PeachSapling

((I can just imagine in the midst of battling with the humans the hatchlings suddenly appear and start snapping at them xd.png))

Rae

I frown at the numerous prints on the floor. They are too close for comfort. I sniff, which doesn't do much, so I taste the air with my tongue. There is a burnt smell, smoky and thick. I scowl fiercely. "Wen, you go back. Stay at cave," I tell her, in a tone that indicates no argument.

I turn to Miyuus. "Need to fight. They too close," I mutter, my brain sluggishly trying to formulate battle plans. "You got plan? We need more... we need bigger group," I say, giving up finding a suitable word.

Wen

"Yes R-rae." I say to her,not wanting to argue. "I tell other h-hatchlings. They in d-danger too." As I walk back I see peach colored things heading my way. "Humans! They'll see me for sure if I don't hide!" As I look around for a hiding place,the humans get closer with every step they take. "Ahh! If I don't find a hiding spot soon,I'm toast!" I suddenly remember the healing bush in which I ate my first meal from. I hurry over to it,luckily,one of the hatchlings they caught is wiggling out of it's small cage and gives me enough time to crawl over to it. When I get there I peek out with 1 zombieish,blueish eye out and see they are heading towards the cave. I whisper to myself,"Oh n-no. Th-hey find cave!" I hurry and rush back to Rae and her companion.

(Am I progressing the plot too much? I'll stop if I have to. xd.png)

Miyuus

-I stay quiet as I am led outside and am shown the footprints alongside Rae. An uneasiness creeps up my spine and decides to settle there. My head turns toards Rae as she speaks, I pay little attention to the young hatchling who teeters away from them.-

"Rae....bad, this is." -I give her a concerned look to the best of my abilities and listen to her strategie; it's very similar to mine- "For this, we must do very bad thing."-I say but my voice hitches in a way that makes it seem inriguing, at least, from my point of view it sounds like it is.

I am opening my jaws to express my idea when the hatchling comes stumbling back in an alarming fashion. My whole body turns to meet her and what is visible of the expression on her face makes that creeping chill turn to cold, hard, ice. With a dangerous glint in my eyes and with my brows furrowed I look to Rae.- "Must join, live dragons. Same enemy. Must try!"

((sorry for the late reply. I was raveling to Paris all of yesterday since early in the morning on the train. I got here around -pm and then had to take another train to get out to the city where I am staying and then drive for another hour or so to get out into the country in the small out of the way village. -dies- It's gorgeous and there are miles upon miles upon acres and moore of open fields. Like a sea of grass. However a real pain to travel to xd.png -rambling now-))

Edited by Chasilin

Rae

I lift my shoulders and drop it; a shrug. "I don't mind. But they will object," I try to say rationally. "We eat them, now try banding? Sound strange to me," I rumble unhappily. "They will stab us... in back?" I try the awkward phrase. I start to fidget. "We need hurry, if want ally."

Miyuus

-I nod in understanding, her words are reasonable and mine are reaching towards desperation, but I know this will work. Or, at least, it has to.- "We try. Hatchlings like Wen, sake. Depend it." -I say as good as I can, it's clear there are chunks missing from mysentences.-

Rae

I jump to my feet, or try to anyway. "Let's go. They are nearby." I pull some leaves and cover myself with its dewy scent, and spot a pool of mud. With slight hesitation, I use my tail to slather the mud onto my body. It feel heavy and slimy, and I desperately want to scrape it off, but it is necessity. To make the mud cake quicker, I apply a thin layer and dump more leaves on myself. I turn to Miyuus, now ready to move off; I probably look like some tree monster now.

Miyuus

-I follow behind Rae and as she slathered on layer upon layer of dripping, stinking mud, I quickly register why. Doing the same, by the time she turns to look at me, I mirror her ridiculous appearance and we begin our journey as monsters dressed as monsters. I think to laugh but I bite my lip, well I try to, my jaw just sort of overlaps itself, in attempt to silence it. As we're walking I recall that we have a young hatchling on out trails. Turning around I see she is there and a sigh might have come rushing past my jaws but a leaf caused the chain of coughing and wheezing. It was a moment before I could catch my breath to speak.-

"You no come. Prepare others. Important job. Need you do."- I say, trying to slap on unneccesary exaggeration of the deed's importance.

I could think about it, I mean really think about it, and come to the conclusion that the emphasis on imoprtance is not entirely unreasonable. The dragons at the cave would need to be warned, and are going to need the help that Rae and I are going now to attempt to get.-

Rev

I sneak out to sit in the opening of the cave, hoping no one notices me. Everyone is talking about humans suddenly. I think, tilting my head at a bird flying by overhead. Could humans really be coming? My memory offers a blurry image of a human, and I shake my head to clear it, almost falling over from the sudden movement. I look back into the cave and spot the leader wandering closer to me, and I shrink back to stay out of the line of sight. Maybe the humans could help me. I don't want to stay a zombie forever. I stand up and slink out of the cave and into a shady patch of trees to be alone.

((Hunters there already or not? tongue.gif))

Rae

We make our way towards the closest cave with me leading Miyuus. The sun shines brightly down on us, causing the mud to cake, resulting in stiffer movements. I shake myself a little and make a turn, stopping at the treeline.

Miyuus

-I want desperately to be rid of the caking, cracking mud that ruins the surface of my scales. They were an improvement to my looks but I still don't like it. Ahead of me, Rae comes to a stop and slow down to come to her right flank. Looking at her questioningly I follow her gaze for hope to find an answer to my standing question.-

Rae

In front of us is a domestic scene, a pair of hatchlings play-fighting in the soft grass. There are no adults in sight; that's good. We can try to earn the little ones' trust and they'll help us to convince the adults.

Miyuus

-Catching the scene, I supress the urge to lunge at the young hatchlings. It's very hard. I look to Rae and can come to the same solution as she has, judging by her posture and the way she looked at the hatchlings it is easy for me to understand they are not to eat. Afraid of myself, I will not let myself go first. In a bold gesture I nudge Rae ever so slightly with my shoulder. If I speak, I think, I will firghten the hatchlings away, I am no good at stealth or caution.-

((If you are talking to me,I would say they are heading towards the cave. Sorry for not posting in a long while.))

Wen

I Head towards the cave,hoping they haven't got there yet. "I must warn them! The hatchlings will be toast if I don't!" I start to see the cave,having my ears open for any humans. I just couldn't find the courage to tell the hatchlings I don't know. So,I draw human stick figures everywhere I can possibly find. Hoping the hatchlings will know,or ask what they are to an adult. "Let hope they see." I say to myself. "Where Rae and companion go? They may go out for help." I look at the hatchlings playing indoors. "They no k-know coming." I sneak outside to a bush and sleep there,not wanting to risk having the humans coming to the cave and taking me in my sleep.

((>< My bad for not conitnuing))

Rae

I am surprised when Miyuus nudges me with her shoulder. I thought she would want to go first. We cannot dally any much longer, so I quickly stumble out of the surround forage, careful to make as much noise as possible.

The hatchlings squeak, startled, and start moving closer towards us when they realise we are dragons.

"Hi!"

"Where are you from?"

"How did you get here?"

"What are you guys?"

My head is starting to spin from the barrage of questions.

Miyuus

-Once I see that Rae gets through the brush and out to the hatchlings I make my feet move to follow in pursuit. I can hear every branch that cracks under my dead weight and I almost want to flinch, but I don't, not even when the hatchlings begin to throw questions at our slow going brains. Since I retained most of what they said I answered in the same fashion that they asked.-

"Far 'way."

"Walk, long."

"Zombies."

Then, I add on, so that they don't become frightened and run away.

"We not bad. We need help! Name, Miyuus." -I am happy when my voice falters due to my zombiness because it helps to exaggerate my plea. As I refer to my self I bring a claw to my chest and then toss it lazily, though it was ment to be dignified, towards Rae."This Rae. We need talk to lead...Er we need help!" -I look down at the hatchlings, already my mind is trying to blank out or dissolve in it's difficulty to express thoughts for me to think. I hold on longer.-"Tell that; 'bad humans come'. They come here too, soon."

Edited by Chasilin

Mist

I wander outside to see what Wen was talking about. I see a couple of humans talking." I heard zombies are here. Better watch out Stacey!" a male says,laughing. The female so called "Stacey" rolled her eyes."that's not funny, Tom." she says. As I watch them fight, I see a pack of marshmallows on the ground."wha...is?" I say picking one up. I take a nibble, and it tastes great!

Emb

I watch Mist wander outside and snort."Hmoh." I say. I walk out there too and see humans fighting."I heard zombies are here." Is all I hear. I run back to the cave, scared that they had known we were here."huan! Know!" I say.

Wen

I awake from my sleep to hear voises. "What t-that?" I whisper to myself. Peeking out of the bush,I see 2 humans,one with more hair than the other. The one with less hair says,"I heard zombies are here. Better watch out Stacey!" "Zombies? Their talking about us!" Then the one with more hair says,"That's not funny, Tom." And what looks like rolling her eyes. "Long hair S-stace-ey. Short hair T-tom. Name w-weird." I whisper to myself. "I'd better stay here. Maybe I can get something out of them." My belly rumbles softly. "I g-get f-food. H-human see me...if they h-hear." I scan the area to see a yellow thing (potato chip),"What that?" I whisper to myself. I wait till the humans are far away enough,then I grab it with my jaw. Then I bring it back to the bush.

Rae

I'm glad Miyuus answers the little ones' questions as my head settles and refocuses. I nod along to her words.

The hatchlings bounce into the cave entrance, inviting us in and generally making lots of noise. I cringe internally. My eardrums are going to hurt after this crisis. A good long soak in a shallow river sounds great.

((X( Writer's block. Chasilin you can continue the plot tongue.gif))