Tiki G

DC Photography Contest #48

Thank you for everyone who voted for my picture, it is much appreciated. It's just a shame there weren't very many entries. So hopefully this new theme will bring in some more?

This contests theme will be Music.

I've been wanting to do this theme for a long time. I love music, it is one of my passions. How about you?

This theme can be interperated however you like. Listening to music, making music, or watching music. Concerts, instruments, anything to do with music.

Show us what you think of when you hear 'music'.

Example:

user posted image

The Rules:

- One entry per person

- Picture has to be made by yourself and can't be just a reproduction of someone's work. If someone else's work is in the picture, there needs to be something extra.

- No manipulation besides basic photo adjustments (contrast, exposure, cropping, color balance, lighting, etc.)

- No text or framing in the photo. A signature/watermark is just fine, but it's preferable if you don't have "O Hai Eye Hav3 T3XT" (or something similar) present in the photo.

- When voting, please don't select your own image. This will ensure fairness.

- You are free to submit an old photo; you don't need to take a new one just for this competition.

Closing date: Tuesday, January 24

Previous themes:

1: Beginning anew

2: Simplicity

3: Summer

4: Wildlife

5: Black & White

6: Food

7: Macro

8: Farewell

9: Light and Shadow

10: Urban

11: In the home

12: Travel Photography

13: Pets

14: Red

15: Coupled Animals

16: Clouds

17: Green

18: Water

19: Scenic views

20: Invertebrates

21: Sunrise/Sunset

22: Purple

23: Out of Context

24: Snow

25: Flowers

26: Mountains

27: Old

28: Birds

29: Inanimate Objects

30: New Life

31: Play

32: Road

33: Leaves

34: People

35. Books

36. Statues

37. Nighttime

38. Candy

39: Fruits

40: Reflection

41: Transportation

42: Trees

43: Happiness

44: Communication

45: Youth

46: Colors

47: New Year

Hmm... I don't think I have any shots that fits this theme, but I'll try to figure something out ^^

Just some ideas for submissions:

Headphones (I'm sure everyone has a pair of headphones laying around somewhere)

MP3 Players

Someone listening to music (must be obvious)

Instruments (Piano, Guitar, etc)

Someone playing an instrument(s)

Someone singing

Sheet music

Pictures taken at concerts (of the band, the crowd, etc)

Aha! I snapped the perfect shot for this on Saturday! I'm going to post the facebook copy of my image so I don't forget.

Fiddle

I'll provide a higher quality image as soon as I get it off of my camera and do a quick colour balance adjustment. (I don't have a lens filter for my Wide Angle... yet...)

Painting done by my mother. A paint-by-number but still musical! I took the photo of it as I didn't plan to keep it after she died.

Ohhh my kind of theme!

I go to lots of concerts, mostly Rock and Metal, but also to other different places with good music.

I think I am entering this one, it's Oliver Steinhoff, Europe'S best Elvis impersonator. wink.gif

Almost Elvis:

http://i41.tinypic.com/nq4pp1.jpg

Edited by SickThing

*note to self: take your camera with you this friday when you are having dinner at your parents house. Claim the harp!*

So uhm yeah, I have a lot of concert pictures, but non of them are greally great.. going to take a picture soon! xd.png

Yes, Sax Man has my vote as well. Very nice photo. happy.gif

Same here.

Now to find my camera.... Someone moved it. dry.gif *goes to dig through her old photos.*

Oooh, this is a cool theme! I'm not sure I have any photos for it though. *runs off to check*

But the entries are looking great! biggrin.gif

:0

*facepalm*

Totally forgot about this. Been incredibly busy with work the past few days I haven't really had too much time to do anything. Will be putting up the Voting in a few minutes.