DragonGirl10188

Our War~ Accepting!

A strange blue and black hatchling flew into the cave. She sat down, and looked around. Mother of god, how many dragons are here? I might want to rebel, but that doesn't mean I don't want to be alone! she thought. Getting up, she took flight to scour the area for some other hatchlings. "Ah!" she muttered, noticing a small group. Fluttering down a way's away from them, she quietly padded up to them. "H-hello?"

Sombra looked at the flame, then chirped at the new dragon. Tuinya had that, ' Not impressed' look on, and she was laughing in her head silently. Sombra growled silently at Tuinya and looked at the blue and black hatchling.

Siren cleared her throat and looked back down at the little gold hatchling with a smile.

"Well, it's a pleasure to meet you, young one," she said warmly. "I hope we can be friends."

She gave him a reassuring smile.

Looking at the two dragons next to each other, she sat down. One obviously wasn't impressed at the flame she didn't make, and the other just looked at her. Getting extremely uncomfortable, she unfurled and refurled her wings.

Sighing, the young ice dragoness rose to her feet and began trudging off slowly. She snuck past the nebulas and the new hatchling silently, her slender, dark blue body blending more into her surroundings. She wanted to have some time alone to think. Once she was several feet away, she resumed her slow stroll as she searched for a high place where she could see the moon through the thick foilage. She left a trail of frost wherever she stepped, her body temperature being so cold. A cool forest breeze whistled through the trees as the sun slowly set in the distance, creating evening shadows on the forest floor. All the birds and woodland creatures were settling down for the night, making the the woods quiet and peaceful.

Edited by Tyra-Ice

Tuinya noticed Tyra. without a sound, she followed her. Slipping through shadows, she was unseen. When they arrived at the place, Tuinya found a shadow and hid in it. They took after Shadow Walkers, disappearing in shadows. She kept to her own thoughts, not disturbing Tyra. The others wondered so much about Tuinya, and she never had time to think. She then thought, and noticed how long she had followed people. She continued thinking, learning things she hadn't noticed before.

Trentum wasn't paying much attention. He found himself drifting off, but didn't bother to stop his thoughts. There are so many new hatchlings at the cave. I wonder where they all came from? There must be many more out there, too... Is it our duty to look for them? That would be nice, but... We're just hatchlings. Mostly. But what about- HEY! Where'd Tyra and Tuinya go? Unknowingly, he wailed out loud in horror. It wasn't exactly hard to notice the disappearance of a dragon that chilled the area and a big shadow cat...

Tyra sat on a ridge at the end of the forest and looked up into the sky. The moon was just beginning to rise and everything was in a hush. She sighed, her breath coming out in a cold, white cloud.

High atop the trees, a moonlit figure rose from the shadowy forest below. It flew through the sky on silent wings, carried by the lightest breeze. Windsong was heading back from his scouting run, with bad news.

He let out a short, melodic call as he neared the cave, signaling his arrival. Ne noted the newest additions to the cave, but knowing that his duties came first, he sought out the oldest dragons. At the river, he spotted a red-winged nebula, no older than he, and in the forest below, he spotted the Ice dragon, Tyra. He drifted down, his wingbeats no louder than a bird's as he landed at the edge of the ridge upon which she sat.

"Tyra...We have trouble."

--------------------

Siren watched the water rush by, then looked up at the moon, seeing much more than that. She felt strangely at peace, even in this new place. She hoped that the Clan leader would return soon, so that she may speak with her about what she could contribute to the group. Perhaps she could become a denmother, and watch over the hatchlings.

Edited by kronosdragon

Shawnee watched as Flaming walked away back to the cave. Soon she was gone, back home. Suddenly, Phayne disappeared from her view, did he run away? She decided not to worry about it, as a strange calm had entered her mind. The air smelled of Hemlock... Hemlock? She lay down on the grass, her body feeling drugged. Shawnee felt her limbs weakening, but the dragon didn't really take notice. She looked around and thought that she saw a green dragon perched on the rocks that Midnight had moved. He was watching her, and her senses flared once more. Shawnee, now aware of her surroundings, struggled to her feet, but eventually collapsing as the Hemlock had already started poisioning her system. Shawnee fought to keep her eyes open, weariness and fatigue swept over her like water.

The green dragon moved, leaping off of his perch and walking over to her. She recognized this dragon as Ri'Dan, a traveler she met a while back, the one her pointed her to the desert to retrieve the stone.

"Ri!" She called, her voice quite hoarse. "Ri'Dan, help me!" His expression appeared nonchalant as he sat down beside her and placed a paw on her neck. He moved the paw to her wrist, and then her chest. She figured he was feeling for a heartbeat, it was pounding in her head, slow. He stopped and looked at Shawnee's face, watching her stricken expression gradually change to that of fear and tiredness.

"It's been a while, Shawnee. You do rescue work now? Or were those dragons your new friends?" He waited for her response, but she just looked at him, her breathing was ragged now. "I bet you're wondering why you're feeling like this. That was Hemlock in the air. Just ground up to a pulp and sent flying on wind. Do you remember what I told you about Hemlock, Shaw?"

"Try and work up your immune system to the natural poisons, it could save or end your life one day, we want to save our lives. I've dabbled with Opium and Hemlock a few times, worked up a strong resistance to them, but I still get sick if I ingest too much. You, on the other hand, are a wimpy little lizard, Hemlock would kill you in a little over an hour." She looked at him, her body trembling, and managed to give a small nod.

"Obviously you didn't follow my advice." Ri'Dan replied. "Or you wouldn't be here on the ground, poisoned, slowly dying. Tell you what. You finish dying, then I go around telling everyone that Inkheart got you while you were walking back home through the Silent Forest. Sound good?" Shawnee growled at him, an unearthly noise. Purple energy began to form around her, dark spires rising from no where. "No, no no~" Ri'Dan said, almost happily. He put his paw to her throat and pressed down, causing Shawnee to gag and choke. The darkness went away and the purple energy dissapated.

Shawnee, through the weariness, grabbed Ri's paw and pulled it off her throat, she used her other paw to punch him in the snout, using her claws to gash his nose. Ri'Dan stumbled back, caught off guard. Shawnee pulled herself up to a sitting position, breathing heavily.

Ri'Dan watched as the dorsal dragon slowly stood up. She stared at him, her eyes asking him why he poisoned her. Why he was doing this.

"Because, Shaw, just because. Inkheart needs new dragons, and you protect those snot-nosed hatchlings around the clock. Get rid of you and the other adults and we have open access to them."

Shawnee glared at him, summoning strength from her hatred. Ri'Dan had once been a close friend. She had only been just out of her teens, struggling in the wild and unable to provide for herself as she made the long trek to the desert. But the green dragon had found her and guided her to the desert. Teaching her about potions, poisons, salves, cures, and humans. He had almost been like a mate they were so close. "Burn in HELL!" Shawnee screeched, lunging at him with all her energy. He blocked her attack by grabbing her horns and swinging her around 90 degrees before letting go. She landed roughly on the ground, any burst of energy she had was gone as pain from the Hemlock and the crash filled her body. Her vision seemed to be getting dimmer, blurrier. The one bad eye felt searing pain and the other one went blind. "Look, Shawnee, we both know that this is it. Give up, that poison has entered your blood. I know you can feel it, your heart slowing and your muscles getting weaker."

Shawnee crawled to his voice, her feeling around finally found his paws. He was sitting down in front of her. She rested on his legs as the Hemlock took it's final toll. She couldn't move forward anymore, but she leaned her head against his chest, panting. Life was ebbing away from her, they both knew that. "I loved you, RiRi..." Her voice faint. She couldn't breath, it was almost as if her lungs were paralyzed. Shawnee gasped for air, but she felt like she had a rock in her chest. After about fifteen seconds, she was not receiving air at all, barely alive. Ri'Dan was crying, silently, but crying all the same. Why did it have to be Shawnee who guarded the hatchlings?

Images of the hatchlings went through her mind, they wouldn't even know what happened to her unless they went looking in this area. If they telepathed to her and she didn't respond, would they think she abandoned them? Or that she died? Shawn couldn't bear to give them that sadness. "RiRi..." She mumbled, whispering her pet name for him. She clutched his arm and gave it a small squeeze, communicating in a small way to him her sadness. She felt so weak...

Guilt and compassion rammed Ri'Dan's heart and mind, so he fed some of his energy into her heart at the last moment, trying to quickly give her an antidote, to save her. But he could feel no heartbeat, not anymore, she was dead.

Shawnee's muscles went completely limp and her head slid off his chest and onto his paws. Her right paw that clutched his arm fell to the ground, making a small sound as it hirt the dirt and grass.

"Goodbye, Shawn."

((God, that was awesome.))

Edited by CYDA LUVA83

((Nuuuuu Shaw NUUUUUU D:))

Thinking that she heard something going on, she pulled her strongly built but wounded body up. Sprinting down from the cave, scanning around the area quickly. Something in her heart was telling her that something was wrong. After hearng the dorsel's screech, Flaming letted out a loud roar which almost thumbled the earth. "Shaween!" She roared before bolted towards her screach. She pulled to a stop, panting lowly. Horror sweeping over her body like poison as she stared at the corpse of her guardian. She walked towards it emtionally and fighted to hold back the tears, trying to believe that it wasn't Shaween. It got to be someone else, it got to! "Shaween..." she whispered lowly, sinking to her kneels, dropping her wings onto the ground. Its not her, its not her but it is her. Darknes shivered down her spine, poisoning her heart with sadness. The hellfire wyvern letted out another cry of her sorrow roar, dropping her head besides her while sobbing loudly. "Shaween?" her voice broke as she layed besides the dead dragon. Her tears flowed down her boney cheeks like a waterfall. A waterfall of saddness. She letted out another roar, sounding more weaker and weaker as she got more upset that her friend was killed. Wiping her face againest the grass to wipe away the tears, she quickly shot another lookback at her, sobbing loudly again. She bowed her head besides Shaween and cried sorrowfully besides her, rubbing her nuzzle againest her face, praying that she was still alive. Flaming never got achance to say goodbye, she never got to say thank you.

Edited by Tiffashy

Tyra almost jumped right out of her skin, quite startled and frightened by the sudden landing of the Ridgewing. "W-what?" she asked, spinning around to face the potential threat, "H-How? H-how do you know my n-name?! Who are you?!" she demanded, stammering. Just then, a bone chilling screech echoed throughout the forest, causing poor Tyra to jump again in fear. "W-what was that?!!" she cried, now very frightened. She had an urge to go towards the dragon screech, what if it was another dragon in extreme danger?! Her heart thudded against her chest and she breathed heavily, trying to decide what to do. "Oh, how did I ever get mixed up in all this? I should have just stayed away from the hatchling cave like my instincts told me to!" she thought worriedly to herself.

Edited by Tyra-Ice

Kylla saw Tyra's expression, and walked over to him, and laid a wing over his shoulder. Likely being older than most of the hatchlings, as she lived the majority of her life coming to the cave. "It's okay. I'm Kylla. Now, what are you so creeped about?" she whispered in his ear.

((All of the older dragons in the cave should know about Windsong. Check the OOC))

Windsong squinted at the ice dragon.

"You are Tyra, aren't you? Maybe I have the wrong dragon...Well, if you aren't Tyra, could you tell me where she is? Or where the Clan leader is? I have urgent news from the west."

"I wouldn't know where the leader was, as I just got here. But, I overheard the other hatchlings talking. Yes, this is Tyra, but I'm more concerned about who you are." she inquired the older dragon.

((All of the older dragons in the cave should know about Windsong.  Check the OOC))

((Well, yes, I read Windsong's bio that but Tyra literally JUST joined the clan. She hasn't been around the clan cave more than a day so she couldn't possibley know him yet. @kronosdragon

Lol, Tyra is a she, not a he. @CinderTheCat))

"M-my name is Tyra....I-I just, I don't know you. I just found this clan y-yesterday," Tyra replied, very nervous. Turning to Kylla. "O-oh. Then...nice to meet you?" Tyra still wasn't sure what was going on.

Edited by Tyra-Ice

"Oh, my mistake, m'lady. I thought that you may have been informed of me. Forgive me."

He gave a slight bow of his head.

"Well, I must be off then. I will see you at the cave."

Windsong gave her another gentlemanly bow before leaping back into the air, the air seeming to rise up and sweep him off the ground.

--------------------

Siren looked around, feeling a brisk wind at her back. She spotted the silvery figure of a dragon, bathed in moonlight. She watched intently, wondering if it was another new arrival like herself. She saw the dragon land outside the cave. He briefly looked at her, did a double take, then turned his attention back to the cave, wandering inside.

--------------------

Windsong stood in the entryway of the cave, looking around at both old and new faces.

"Has anyone seen the Clan leader? I must speak with her."

"H-Hey wait!!" Tyra called after the strange Ridgewing. She leapt into the air and flew after him. She was a swift flyer and soon caught up to him. She finally landed next to Windsong, panting. "W-who are you? A-and how do you know my name?" she asked frantically, thinking he may know who she was and where she came from. She had only faint memories and flashbacks of her parents. Maybe this strange dragon knew her mother and father.

Edited by Tyra-Ice

((Sorry.))

Kylla sat there, totally confused after the confused hatchling. "What just happened?" she mumbled under her breath.

((Tyra, are her parents dead, or no?))

Windsong looked at Tyra.

"My name is Windsong. I am a scout for the Clan, going back and forth from the battlefields to the cave with updates on the humans' movements. As for you...You are Tyra, the ice dragon who knows little of her own past. I was told to seek you out by someone hiding in the forest, close to the fighting."

-------------

Siren sighed and looked back up at the sky, staring blankly up at the stars.

((No, her parents aren't dead. ^^ Her father had gone missing, no one knows where he is.))

Tyra took a deep breath and nodded. "Someone....told you to find me?" she asked, tilting her head to the side.

Trentum was scared. For a bit, he'd been wondering off-topic. Now, it seemed, all the hatchlings around were gone and had left him. He trembled. "TYRA!!" he yelled into the air, out of fear. He got up and paced, his wings dragging against the wet grass. "Where is everyone?" he mumbled out loud. Maybe there were others around, besides Lotus and Fyrefly. But... Trentum unfolded his wings and took off, hoping that an aerial view would show someone he recognized.

Fryefly was in the forest again. She'd been hunting, out of boredom, mostly. But now she was asleep. "Hnnnmmff." she muttered, rolling about on the mud. Fyrefly woke up, her muzzle resting on mud. She spat out the wet dirt and shook herself. "I suppose they won't come looking for me if I just nap a while longer... I suppose." she said, fluttering up to a tree branch and curling up on the dripping wet wood.

((Is it alright that the message is from her father? If not, I'll delete this post and write a new one. ^^))

Windsong nodded.

"An old Ice dragon. He said that he was an old friend of yours, but also said that you wouldn't remember him. He wanted me to seek you out, and seeing as you were the first Ice dragon I've come across on this side of the forest, I thought that maybe you were the one he was after. He says that he misses you, and wishes that he could see you."

((That's fine. ^^ @kronosdragon))

Tyra's eyes widened. "A-another....Ice dragon? Are you sure?" The ice dragon paused suddenly, hearing Trentum's cry. She craned her neck, looking for her friend. "Uh oh. I hope he's alright!" she said worriedly, thinking Trentum might be in trouble.

Midnight lifted his head at the sound of battle he looked down at the little electric dragon in front of him and srose to his feet. (Lymu is an electric right?) "Wait here little one. The black dragon spread his wings and launched himself into the air. He rose quickly into the sky and shot off towards where the sounds had come from. There he saw the hellfire wyvern sobbing over the dorsal dragoness, Shawnee. Could she really be? Yes! All of his senses told him that the dorsal dragon was dead. At last! With the cave's guardian down, he and Dracouraca could take the cave by force! He sent out a mental message to Dracouraca to come meet him immediatly. The two of them together could dispatch what remained protecting the hatchlings and take them for Inkheart. He swooped in low over the hellfire wyvern snickering. "My my. Whatever happened here?" he spoke, no longer trying to keep the evil out of his voice and letting his fangs slide forward to there true size. Midnight, the Black Vampire, was ready to make his intentions known to the clan.

~

Tobias and Grehyen both woke up and looked about the clan cave. What had happened? So many new faces around. The two friends found eachother within the cave and cast about. "What happened here?" Tobias asked? Grehyen looked about rattling his frills in frustration. "I don't know. Where is Shawnee? Maybe she can tell us what is going on." The frilled hatchling and the young ochredrake then set about searching the clan cave for Shawnee.