SkyeDragon

Country Anyone?

I looked through this and didn't see any country threads so I though that I'd make one~

So who all likes to listen to country music?

Personally, my top five are Reba McEnitre, Carrie Underwood, Brad Paisley, Miranda Lambert, and Tim McGraw in no particular order.

laugh.gif

No one has replied to this... wow. ohmy.gif I'm rather shocked. I listen to country music though and love all the ones you mentioned. One of my first cds was Reba's cd entitled Read My Mind.

As far as new country goes I'm rather fond of Rascal Flatts, Jason Aldean, Miranda Lambert, Blake Shelton, and others I can't recall xd.png

I loooove old country too like Gene Watson, Tammy Wynette, Doug Stone, Vern Gosdin, Dwight Yoakam, Travis Tritt (OMG how did I nearly forget him <3).

I think it's because, typically, people who like country don't much care for the internet xd.png

I'm not really a fan, but when I'm in the right mood there's one or two Carrie Underwood songs I'll listen to, one Alan Jackson song.

I don't like Country all that much. My family's from eastern Europe, so I've never had much exposure.

I'll listen to Carrie Underwood, though. And I really like Johnny Cash, if that counts.

I remember seeing a movie on country artists.

It's really music nice to listen to.

Country genre all the way for me.

I used to hate country. I hardly ever listened to it, even bashed it as a small child.

I'm okay with it now, though. There are some country songs that I can listen to over and over again, like International Harvester and This Ain't Nothin' by Craig Morgan. I also love Johnny Cash. (:

I do like country & western, but I don't get to listen to a whole hell of a lot of it unfortunately. It's not too readily available in the UK. I end up buying compilations CDs periodicaly, and trying to find new artists I might like that way.

I was raised on old country and I've never stopped loving it.

I really love Devil Went Down to Georgia, and Misty by Ray Stevens, and, hm... Fourteen Carat Mind. =D

Johnny Cash, Hank Williams, Hank Williams Jr., George Jones, Charlie Daniels, Jimmy Buffett, Loretta Lynn, Dolly Parton, Tammy Wynette, Kenny Rodgers... all some classics. c: Really love their music. And, of course, there are countless others.

Honestly, I cannot stand this new country. It makes me want to throw up - and I normally love all music.

Edited by Zovesta

Ah! I love country! I usually listen to that on the radio, so I don't own a lot of it. However, I love rascal Flatts, Carrie Underwood, Miranda Lambert, Reba Macentire, Josh Turner (<3), Jason Aldean, and too many more to name.

I really love country!

My favorite singers of country are Blake Shelton, Rascal Flatts, Taylor Swift,Thompson Square, and especially Carrie Underwood.

My favorite songs from Carrie Underwood are probably Undo It, Before He Cheats, and Cowboy Casanova. But, all of them are good.

Finally a topic about the original music.

I hate it when I have to tell people that without country music, there would be no rap, pop etc.

And I love Alan Jackson, Johnny Cash, Brad Paisley. Lady A, Rascal Flatts, and Josh Turner.

@jetfire1309: Well, there wouldn't even be rock without country. Rock branched off of country originally.

I grew up listening to Alan Jackson and one of the first CDs I've ever owned was one of Reba McEntire's.

Other artists I like are Garth Brooks, the Zac Brown Band (their harmony=love), Jo Dee Messina, Tim McGraw, Kenny Chesney, Trisha Yearwood and Lady Antebellum. My Pandora station for country music is mainly made up of songs from the 90s and from the last decade. Can't say I particularly like the newer stuff coming out.

Rascal Flatts and Taylor Swift are pretty generic with their songs and despite popular opinion, I have no taste for their songs. Brad Paisley's starting to get to that point too for me.

Edited by Daydreamer09

Country is, and always has been, my favorite music. Now I listen to rock a lot, too, but country is still the best ^^ Tim McGraw is my favorite singer. My favorite country song would probably be Whiskey Lullaby.

Country is my favorite genre after Rock, i play Country and Folk and Christian music with my band, i like Hank Williams 3, Shania Twain, Terri Clark, Lisa Hewitt, Amanda Stott and Victoria Banks a lot

Edited by Aurvandil

I got to listen to a -lot- of old country and bluegrass tunes when I worked at a Cracker Barrel some years ago. (LINK to their website for anyone unfamiliar with the business; it's a combination restaurant and old-fashioned country store chain.) I don't know if they have choices as to the piped-in music or not, and of course, the system doesn't say who any of the artists are.

But I generally could recognize Johnny Cash, Loretta Lynn, Patsy Cline, and Kitty Wells... the latter three helped by the fact that I've seen the old movie Coal Miner's Daughter.

For new(er) country, I don't know the artist, but there's a song, I think from the early to mid-90s called Bubba Shot the Jukebox that always cracks me up.

Decided to bring this to the top again, because there's nothing like this at the top! tongue.gif Just seeing if anyone else is a country fan? smile.gif