earwig

ears' art and sig making

*Inspired by Flamey's graphics thread*

Hello, hello and welcome to my thread. There's one thing I want to get out of the way first. I'm still sort of new when it comes to art. I haven't done anything like this before, but hey, I'm looking to improve, and what better way to do it than something like this? So anyway, don't expect a super-mega-ultra complicated jam-packed signature. I make simple, clean sigs that look good.

Anywho, let's get on with it.

Sigs:

Currently, I am just making sigs. Each sig is approx. 450x150 pixels, however I don't see why these sizes shouldn't change. If you want a different size, just tell me. I'm not doing any avis--yet--but when I do, I'll let you know.

Form (Please fill this in if you want a sig :3)

[b]Username:[/b]
[b]What image do you want on your sig?:[/b]
[b]Source image link:[/b]
[b]Any text?:[/b]
[b]Anything else?:[/b]

Okay, so let me explain everything.

Username: ...

What image do you want on your sig?: Okay, so I can't really make anything from scratch (yet), so I suggest you choose a source image. A source image is a picture of someone/something that I can manipulate and put on your sig. This can range from anime characters to video game characters, actors, people, plants...yeah. Everything, pretty much. So if you want someone/something on your sig, please grab an image. A quick google search would work, and sites such as deviantART and Zerochan can rack up some good anime images too. Please note that ALL source images are copyrighted by their maker and I do not hold any credit for them.

Source image link: Please link the image so I know what it is.

Any text?: Do you want any text on it? You can also tell me what sort of font you want it in, as well as other specifics. If you don't want any text, then leave this field blank.

Anything else?: Anything that I didn't cover? Colour overlay? Patterns? Want the image cropped to only an eye? Please tell me anything else important.

Uhhh...well I guess that's it. Please, do not pin me down with requests. I only have 24 hours in the day and I can't get to your request right away. If it looks like I'm struggling, then just wait a little :3.

Examples:

user posted imageuser posted imageuser posted imageuser posted image

user posted image

Art:

Oh yeah, I do stuff other than sigs, too. I don't do stuff like this very often, but every now and then I make a little piece. Any feedback you can give is greatly appreciated, as it helps me a bunch.

Guns:

I don't know why I ever made these. I guess I do stuff when I'm bored. Anyway, these are some simple images used in some online program. They're definitely not my best work, just something I did quickly.

Custom M4A1:

user posted image

I only realised after I made it that the grenade launcher is too small and the barrel was in the wrong way...derp...

FN FAL cross-Sniper:

user posted image

This is the typical thing you would expect from the program I used. I tried to make some sort of sniper but it ended up looking like...this. I really don't like it that much.

KiparisV2:

user posted image

Here's something a little better. It's a little SMG that seems to look clean.

Grenade Launcher:

user posted image

This is something that was rather hard to make. It looks okay, though.

Minigun:

user posted image

Ahhh that's better. A minigun that fires 44. Magnum rounds. That's all I can say, really.

Terragen:

Terragen has to be one of my favorite programs. So easy to use and some stunning images can result. Here are a few of mine.

Bitterfrost:

user posted image

I tried to make it look like a sunset over an icy lake with some mountains in the background. I'm not sure if the ice looks too bumpy, though.

Sunsetcomp:

user posted image

This was for some competition I entered a looooong time ago. I'm not sure if I ever won...I guess I should go check. One thing bothers me about this picture; the sun looks wierd on the water...

Still Valley:

user posted image

This is one of my better works. Everything looks right, to me at least. I can often coax people into believing it's a real photo. Hehe.

HAZE:

user posted image

I'd say this is my best work to date. It looks realistic but alien at the same time. The fog took a looooong time to make, too.

Edited by earwig

:3 Thanks Aqua. I'm just waiting for some requests at the moment...

My sig. That's the only one I've made so far xd.png

I'll probably post examples as I get more requests, I just need a starting point.

I'll post my form later, I'm too lazy to right now.~ rolleyes.gif

Good luck though!~

Edited by angelkay

Thanks, Kay!

Another Holo fan I see? I'll get right on it! I'm kind of busy at the moment, but I'll see what I can do. Bought some time >:3

Okay, so I have two options for you so far.

This:

user posted image

Is the image I created.

Link: http://i1197.photobucket.com/albums/aa438/.../ChibiHolo1.jpg

This:

user posted image

Is the same image, but with an overlay.

Link: http://i1197.photobucket.com/albums/aa438/.../ChibiHolo2.jpg

If you want me to change anything, add or remove parts, or if you want me to re-try the thing completely (don't be afraid to ask biggrin.gif), just tell me here.

Edited by earwig

Omg that's soooooooo cute!!

And yesh, Holo ish awesome.

I like the 1st one better thank you soo much! Can I use it as my sig now? :3

Um. Hi?

Username:AlwaysGone

What image do you want on your sig?: PotaDOS, as she's known by the fans.

Source image link:Linked for enormous potato-ey-ness

Any text?:Burning people! He says what we're all thinking!

Anything else?: Could you make the background look like flames? Please? user posted image

Edited by AlwaysGone

Username: Dragonhatchling

What image do you want on your sig?: the two images in the source link...

Source image link: http://images3.wikia.nocookie.net/__cb2011...on_Wyrmling.jpg and then http://images4.wikia.nocookie.net/__cb2011...on_Wyrmling.jpg

Any text?: Really? by the white dragon. Yes... by the black dragon

Anything else?: can you make the text different for the black dragon... like more scary or something... and perhaps a bit darker background but not too dark (don't care what color, anything that looks like it would work). if you think an overlay would look good, go ahead and add it.

if that's not alright, just PM me and I'll edit when I can.

I firgured out how to make it my sig.. Thanks earwig!! :3

Haha, no problem, VheleKun. Glad you like it!

I'll get to work on the others' when I can :3

Oh, Hatchling, do you want me to keep the backgrounds on the original pics, or should I just use the dragons themselves?

Edited by earwig

If you can't, it's definitely okay, but could you possibly make a (w)600x(h)100? (About the size of my signature) I just wanted to know, so I could fit it on my rotator

Edited by TheComingUp

*claps like she has health issues* Yay!

Username: TheComingUp

What image do you want on your sig?: Cute little anime girl in a strange hat 0_0 (you'll probably have to resize)

Source image link: Link

Any text?: The Dividing Roads

Anything else?: Umm...Maybe have a pink background (idc what pattern)

Sure

Edited by TheComingUp

Yeah, I'm having some trouble with it. Is it possible for you to save it, upload it on an image hosting site, then give me the link to that?

Oh, and AlwaysGone, here is my attempt:

user posted image

Link: http://i1197.photobucket.com/albums/aa438/...ool/PotaDOS.jpg

If you want me to change anything, add or remove parts, or if you want me to re-try the thing completely, then just ask.

Edited by earwig

Ahh mah gawd she's so cute X3

Yep, I'll get to work on it. I'm still waiting to hear back from Dragonhatchling...

Edit: Here's the siggeh:

user posted image

http://i1197.photobucket.com/albums/aa438/...vidingRoads.jpg

It was really awkward for me to work on something like this size, and that's all that I could fit of her head on the sig xd.png

Anyway, if you want me to change anything, add or remove parts, or if you want me to re-try the thing completely, then just ask happy.gif

Edited by earwig

Username: Kokay

What image do you want on your sig?: The Red Skull

Source image link: Link

Any text?: Hail Hydra

Anything else?: 400x150, dark red color scheme, and (if it's not too much of course) I'd certainly appreciate if you could incorporate the Hydra insignia But, I can live without it xd.png

Sorry for the waiting, but I've just been busy lately. Will work on it when I can.

Dragonhatchling, here is my attempt at your sig:

user posted image

Link: http://i1197.photobucket.com/albums/aa438/...ool/Dragons.jpg

If you want me to change anything, add or remove parts, or if you want me to re-try the thing completely, then just ask happy.gif I had a lot of trouble with this one...

Oh, and Kokay, I'll get on yours tommorrow, probably. Sorry for the wait.

Edited by earwig