Darkshadow

AI- Artificial Intelligence

Serla turned back and nodded. "Be we have to be carefull. I would rather we finish this entrence beofre we go looking for food. I've got plenty of non-perishables." She rummaged around in her bag, and pulled out a newspaper. "Look here."

(*Growls* Spelling mistake.)

user posted image

Serla paused and let Tia read it before contuinuing. "I think this is part of a large human group. I plan to go scouting for them, they should be somewhere around this area." She pulled out a crudely drawn map and pointed to a circle she had drawn. "This is the aproximate radius of the area that droids can not go into, unless they have a certain upgrade that can only be done inside here. As you can see, it's a fairly large area, enough room for a large group to live here relitively unoticed. This is where I plan to scout today, we go out for an hour in a direction, and then trail back. We won't have enough time for a longer search today because we went food searching. If you want to help me look, it will mean we can have two sets of eyes watching for anything unsual. So what do you say?"

Edited by warewolves

Accepting the paper, Taz scanned the page and smirked. It was work she could admire. Handing it back, she peered at the map as well. It was a fairly large circle, however it meant nothing to her as she did not carry electronics. Except guns sometimes. Crossing her arms, she asked, "Even in a droid free zone, a large group of people is like a beacon for those suckers. Isn't it easier to stay hidden, alone?" Taz was a bit of a recluse, having not been around others for long periods of time except during her early childhood. Besides, a growing group of people did attract unwanted attention. Though, perhaps it was a resistance. She could get behind something like that, as long as they did not boss her. With a sigh she relented. Picking up the pipe which she had grown quite fond of, she admonished, "I'll go with you. But don't count on me staying. " It was an eat or be eaten world, and Taz did not intend on dying to maintain a friendship. If leaving the so-called resistance hurt Serla, well that was her problem.

Sela put down the map and sat down on the bed. "That is the part that has stopped me from properly looking. Pro; we would be safer in a larger group. Con; we would also be more obvious. pro; we would have better weapons and supplies. Con; probably rations and water might be scarce. Pro; People to talk to. Con; People to talk to." She layed back on the bed and sighed. "If we go, we might get some very good intel on droid movements, but we might be forced to join them, or other such nonsense. I know they would put me to word on hack work, but I really don't know if I want to." She paused and stood back up. "But, we might as well see their setup. Maybe they will have something that makes us want to stay, maybe not. I plan to look, and if there's no reason to join that doesn't have a con, then I will come back here. I want to be safe, not dead as they say."

Alex saw a figure in the distance and her green eyes narrowed, contemplating seeing where the boy was going. When he stepped toward an old building, she cheered mentally. A perfect place for confrontation.

She decided to go with her curiosity for the time being as crept toward the place and the boy, slipping inside and hearing him murmur to himself about "staying here for the night". Once inside, she pulled her long concealing trench coat around her and waited to be spotted.

((Zermonth is in the middle of Alaska))

Jen and several other droids had a bleeping in there heads. ~Unknown humanoid form is detected 573 yards to the south-east. Notify a higher officer immediately.~ Jen tapped her console to send the report to the captain of the base. "Sir, this is unit P-3X97. There is a report of a humainoid figure 573 yards off the base. It is not a droid or a human, sir." a response funneled through. ~Thank you unit P-3X97. We are taking action immediately. Please notify security to send a dispatch of 15 droids to the location.~ "Yes, Sir!" she replied. Jen notified the security department and they sent their dispatch.

Taz nodded absently, weighing Serla's pros and cons for herself. There were several things to be considered, and once she got into it she might not be able to get back out. It wasn't every say she had to make decisions like this, but then again the decisions she did make weren't any easier. "I suppose you're right," Taz sighed, crossing her arms again. Pacing, she pondered the area inside of the ring. Where might they be hiding? If they were truly a resistance, they'd certainly be hard to find. She stopped and looked at Serla. "Alright. When do we leave then? The sooner the better, if that circle is as safe as you say it is."

Serla nodded and quickly packed a bag of things. She pulled out a device and handed it to Tia. "Here this is a simple electronic watch. If it comes to life, you've reached the edge of circle." She stuffed some other things into her bag, and passed Tia a simple handgun. "And this should deal with any Cyborgs...or humans...you come accross. With the cyborgs aim for the human parts." She pulled her bag on and headed for the small opening. "Lets go, we don't have much time to waste."

(Sorry! I'll fix. But is the humanoid figure Alex?)

Alex wandered out of the building, ignoring the man for now, and let her feet take her where they would. She examined the surroundings and smiled. This area seemed to be quite healthy and secure, a good place for daydreaming. So Alex decided to take advantage of this and let her mind wander.

She though of her "homes" and all of the places she had lived since her parents passed and her farm destroyed. She thought of the fun times she used to have romping about in the fields with the horses and sheep. The rundown well that was far off from her house. Getting up at six in the morning to make her parents breakfast.

Alex even missed doing her chores.

Sighing, she stuck her hands in her pockets and continued on. Lost in her mind and self.

Non opened the cabin door to reveal a mostly empty interior. There was an old fireplace its hearth broken and barely standing. He could see what resembled a kitchen, but even at first glance he could tell that no one lived in this cabin, which was most unusual. "No beds, no tables--- this is really strange I wonder why this cabin is even here then." he approached the hearth examining its every feature. "Is that wood!? Thing thing wouldn't be able to work! If someone lit the fire the entire cabin would go up." He was most confused now. Why is this structure here? It has little to no purpose out in the middle of the ice sheets and it is obviously hiding something.

His train of thought was immediately derailed when he looked out the cabin window to see droids approaching his location. "Crap, crap, crap, crap, CRAP!" He says to himself in a slight panic "Get a hold of yourself--- this is your terrain not theirs, the cold and condensation will slow them down" He opens the door and immediately rushes out and gets behind the cabin.

Taz nodded and took the watch, strapping it to her wrist. At first glance it didn't look like anything special, though she figured it must do something. Accepting the hand gun, she cocked it and shoved the pipe through her utility belt. "Alright. I guess we should take different directions. Give a bird whistle if you find trouble, two if you find the place before I do," Taz said. Making sure her pack was still secure and all her belongings were still with her, she crawled through the entrance and emerged into the sun and trees. Gun raised, she began walking in the direction of the ring. What could this place offer her? So far any resistances she has met were too stupid to stay alive, and more than once she had barely gotten out with her life. Serla seemed to think highly of the place, however she didn't exactly know Serla too well. Still, the girl had put a gun in her hands and that had to be some form of trust. Taz walked in a half crouch, pistol held up in front of her face. Whatever met her was going to be sorry it did.

(They are inside the ring, near the edge but not too close.)

Serla took off in the opposite diretion. Hopefull they found something today. As she trecked she made a note of any landmarks on her crude map. Gazing around, she noticed birds and bugs and other such nonsence. She walked silently, wondering if her home was as secure as she thought. Suddenly she stopped, heaing a sound and jumped into some bushes. She frowned, no one walked past. But she could clearly hear sounds. She glanced upwards, and her frown deepened.

(So what is her hideout like?)

The droids spread out. six of them entered the cabit while three groups of three went in opposite directions. There was much commotion in the cabin as the droids there searched without sucess. They could immediately assume there was no one there but better to check anyway. Two of the groups went the wrong way and trekked without sucess either. However, the last group went along the side of the cabin and one of them noticed the figure behind the house. An antennae on its head blinked a pattern as it began to send a message to the base. The other droids looked over and also saw it. They pivoted to face it. "Unknown humanoid, surrender to us or we will be forced to fire." One of them said calmly. Inside the cabin, the droids there had found a curious hole under the floor. Not knowing about what was happening outside, they ventured down it to find themselves in a concrete passageway.

The droids spread out. six of them entered the cabit while three groups of three went in opposite directions. There was much commotion in the cabin as the droids there searched without sucess. They could immediately assume there was no one there but better to check anyway. Two of the groups went the wrong way and trekked without sucess either. However, the last group went along the side of the cabin and one of them noticed the figure behind the house. An antennae on its head blinked a pattern as it began to send a message to the base. The other droids looked over and also saw it. They pivoted to face it. "Unknown humanoid, surrender to us or we will be forced to fire." One of them said calmly. Inside the cabin, the droids there had found a curious hole under the floor. Not knowing about what was happening outside, they ventured down it to find themselves in a concrete passageway.

He raised his hands and put a smile on his face "Hey, hey, hey no need to shoot. I'm on your side, I'm a cyborg." he said he started sweating 'Damnit you fool your sweat will freeze' he thought to himself 'I need to get inside'

He stood there for a few moments waiting for the wind to pick up. Like a sign from god it did causing a small-white out. He dashed forward at the closest one using his fist as a hammer to smash its optical receptors. Shots were fired by the other droids. "AGH!" he yelled as his flesh was burned by the lasers. He grabed the gun of the one he attacked and uses its blind firing to shoot the others. "AGH!!! censorkip.gif!" The pain was excruciating but he pushed through till the group is dead. He knew his sub-dermal armor will protect his organs, but it didn't stop it from hurting like hell. He grabed one of the guns and slowly made his way to the cabin.

{{Sweet_Wyvern, please delete all the bumps. Ware, what part of the base do you want me to describe in specific detail?}}

Kayla Vitatna

Kayla flinched as she saw the cyborg who had entered before her. She still wasn't used to the idea of hacking other human beings, metallic parts or no. Taking a deep breath, she stepped up to the podium and looked down at the small keyboard inserted on the inside. Tapping a few keys, Kayla brought up a large map of the base using an overhead projector. "Welcome to the human resistance." She started out, "My name is Kayla Vitatna, and I am one of the leaders of this resistance. On the overhead behind me is a map of the base. We have five main entrances, four of them hidden tunnels which can be used as an escape route. The fifth entrance is located in the back of a natural cave formation, which we excavated and made part of our base. Of course, all of the entrances are heavily guarded. Right now we are near the west entrance, which is a hidden entrance, and the room from which I just entered is what we call the main hub. All tunnels connect to the main hub, which branches off into weapons, technology, the medical bay, etc. Has everyone chosen a weapon that they can use?" At this, Kayla looked around the room. Some people were choosing new weapons, and others were checking over their own choices. "Good. You will keep that weapon on your person at all times in this base. There will be a punishment to those who decide not to carry a weapon, because we are exercising constant vigilance. If we are attacked, those without weapons will die first. Understand?" Kayla knew her words were creating the murmur throughout the crowd of newly-escaped slaves. "Yes, punishment. You are all expected to work here, and work hard. If you don't like it here, you are always free to try your luck elsewhere, however, I hear most droids have a 'kill-on-sight' order for any person who looks like a human rebel. This meeting is over." With those words, the overhead flicked off, and Kayla stepped off the podium. The newly-escaped slaves looked a bit dumbstruck, but Kayla had no time for that. She had to plan out the next raids on the droid outposts, and plan everything out carefully.

(What you just posted is good.)

Serla could see some natural cave formations. They looked like it was possible they were long and extensive. She paused and gaed at the entrence and her frown deepened. There were tracks, faint but barely visible, she jumped down and came around the side and glanced into the cave and listened. Was that a voice she heard or just an echo. She darted back to the trees. She paused for a few moments, and then whisled like a bird loudly, twice. She then settled herself into the tree to be perfectly camoflaged.

Taz crept through the undergrowth, gripping the handgun tightly. She hadn't found anything yet, though a moment ago the watch had started to glow faintly. A bird call made her freeze, then relax slightly when a second followed it. Perhaps Serla had found the place already. Taz shouldered her pack and jogged in the direction of the whistle, looking around while she did so. Who knew, ambush would be the last thing she expected and yet it was very possible. Soon the grass and bracken were replaced with rocks, and a network of caves rose up before her. She raised the gun and peered inside, then scanned the area surrounding them. "Serla?" She whispered, loud enough yet soft enough not to be overheard from far off.

Serla knocked the tree she was in, faintly but lous enough for an answer. "Up here" She said after a few moments ina very low mumble. Turning her eyes to the cave once Taz was up she pointed to the ground. "Those are footprints, I'm sure of it. If we come around the side we should be able to sneak into the darkness quick enough for anyone watching to miss us. IF there is anyone in there."

((Please feel free to correct me if I screw anything up.))

Charlie

...twitch...twitch...well, that had certainly been an interesting way to welcome the new people. Freed slaves, were they? Slaves, slaves, why had they been slaves, anyway? Other droids sure were strange, entrapping poor little humans like that. Unnaturally pale fingers twisted around frayed wires, which were jutting out from her stump of an arm, as they had for years now, doing little more than making sparks when they came in contact with anything that had the least bit of moisture on it...twitch...twitch...an almost creepy smile was plastered on her cold, black lips. Either way, the meeting was over now, judging by the low murmur of the crowd and the fact that that human girl, the one who kept telling her to do things, no longer really seemed that interested in the people anymore. Maybe she could be helpful to her now, yes? Charlie stepped carefully through the throngs of people, making her way towards the front of the room, where the girl who gave the orders stood, apparently deep in thought...twitch...twitch... Charlie slipped up next to her, her smile never fading. "...m...Miss..." a glazed look came over the droid's face for a brief moment, as it usually did when she was trying to remember a name. And, as usual, after the relatively loud whirring of her processors ceased (being a modern model, after all, her modem should have been nearly silent), she shook her head, her good eye's pupil resizing for seemingly no reason. "The next raids are soon, yes, yes?" her animatronic voice was high pitched and rapid, at least for now "Can I help you? Charlie is very helpful, I promise. You know how helpful I am, yes?"

((By the way, since I don't think my profile was posted yet, it's worth mentioning that Charlie's programming was severely messed up when she was reprogrammed to side with with the humans, hence her odd speech pattern and twitching.))

A thump made Taz spin around gun raised, only to relax when she spotted Serla in the tree above her. Holstering the gun in her belt, she scaled the tree to perch on a branch just below the other girl. "Yeah, I see them," she replied, eyeing the tracks. It seemed out of place though; if this uprising was so well thought out why would they be careless enough to leave tracks. "Could be a trap you know. Anything could be waiting in the dark," she murmured, pointing to the dimly lit parts of the cave. Still, they had to go anyway. Twisting around so that she could see Serla's face, Taz said, "Alright, were going to have to be quick though." She dropped down onto a lower branch, and then another, before finally jumping off to land on the dirt with a dulled thud. Cursing silently at the noise she had just created, Taz crouched in the shadow of a rock and waited for Serla. If they didn't go at the same time something could happen... Either way they stood better chances together than apart.

Serla once again prepared to make her way around the side. She slid down the tree with great care, barely making a noise. Then she made her wayy though the trees until she was at the side of the cave entrence. She approached it to the lip, and then crouche down and rolled into the cave. She froze when she was in the darkness, and tilted her head to check for any signs of being noticed.

{{Jade, you are doing just fine.}}

"...m...Miss..." Kayla Vitatna froze at the sound of the voice. It sounded almost exactly like the nursing droid that her family had owned since she was five years old. The memory still made her shiver. Turning, Kayla instead found herself face to face with one of the hacked droids, who went by 'Charlie' "The next raids are soon, yes, yes?" Charlie's animatronic voice was high pitched and rapid, something that different from the nursing droid Kayla had known. "Can I help you? Charlie is very helpful, I promise. You know how helpful I am, yes?"

It was still a bit nerve-wracking to communicate and give orders to droids, after seeing what had happened on the day humanity fell. Still, Kayla had no personal grudge against the droid. "Yes, Charlie, I believe that you can help me." Kayla walked back into the main hub, motioning for the droid to follow her lead. She turned to one of the main computers, and indicated a little slot for a datachip to enter. "Do you think you could pull out our storage records of food and weapons, and then calculate how long we could feed 200 new slaves without going on more food raids?" She asked, looking directly at the droid. Kayla knew that the incave gardens were flourishing, but still, it only provided 75% of the food. She needed to expand the gardens to accomadate new members of the resistance, as well as arrange raids for more supplies. Still, the raids took time, and Kayla wanted to know how long she would have to plan out the garden expansion and the raids.

Charlie tilted her head to the side, listening to the girl who gave the orders, trying to absorb what the woman was telling her to do. Due to her faulty reprogramming, her processors were a lot slower than the average droid's. Still, the feminine droid had a strong desire to be helpful. "Do you think you could pull out our storage records of food and weapons, and then calculate how long we could feed 200 new slaves without going on more food raids?" Calculate how long they could feed everyone? Now, that was something she could do. Hopefully. At that moment, however, a few of the frayed wires in her face dislodged themselves because of the rather odd angle her head was currently at, falling forward from the large hole in her face that used to hold her other eye. Unfazed, Charlie pushed them back into place. "...hmm...with the current amount of food..." a loud whirring suddenly filled the air, clearly coming from her head. A small panel opened on her shoulder, revealing a miniature holographic projector, which cast an image in the air of something that resembled a blackboard. "...with the current amount of food...and with two...two hundred more people to feed, feed the food to..." as she spoke, her voice suddenly a lot slower than before, writing appeared in the image, corresponding to what she said "...should last about a week, if we tell people not to eat too much, if not, only about four days..." While the calculations were correct, it had clearly taken a lot more effort than it should have.

A bright red error message suddenly appeared on the holographic screen. Charlie's joints stiffened and her body shook, a metallic clanking filling the air and incoherent words spewing from her lips. The calculations, however small, had been too much for her severely damaged processor. Recently, Charlie had been malfunctioning almost regularly. Thankfully, all she would need was a quick reboot.

Serla dropped down behind her and, wasting no time, rolled into the shadows of the cave. Taz waited for a few seconds then darted into the darkness opposite the other girl and stood against the wall. She stayed still and silent for a few moments, watching for any signs of movement. Nothing apparent shifted since her sprint. Motioning for Serla to follow, Taz raised the hand gun once more and began stepping lightly into the cave. It was getting darker, but the watch was getting brighter. According to what she'd been told, that meant they were farther into the droid free ring. At least that meant less technology, or at least she hoped so. She crouched lower to the ground, becoming more wary as they went farther into the cave.

Kayla Vitatna

"...hmm...with the current amount of food..." A loud whirring suddenly filled the air, clearly coming from the droid's head. A small panel opened on her shoulder, revealing a miniature holographic projector, which cast an image in the air of something that resembled a blackboard. "...with the current amount of food...and with two...two hundred more people to feed, feed the food to..." as she spoke, her voice suddenly a lot slower than before, writing appeared in the image, corresponding to what she said "...should last about a week, if we tell people not to eat too much, if not, only about four days..."

Kayla nodded, but she had not been expecting the answer. Only four days? I need to get planning quickly. If not, my people will starve, and this rebellion will crumble. "Thank you, Charlie." Kayla muttered, her eyes focused on the holographic screen. She knew that there were other cave systems ready to support a garden nearby. She would have to send more scouts to investigate before anyone tried to move the giant equipment...

A bright red error message suddenly appeared on the holographic screen. Charlie's joints stiffened and her body shook, a metallic clanking filling the air and incoherent words spewing from her lips. Kayla stepped back from the droid, alarmed, and then waved over a mechanic. "What's wrong with the droid?" she asked, and the mechanic shook his head. "This is Charlie, and she needs to be rebooted from time to time. Something about the hacking has been doing something strange to her hardware. Also, that's why her appearence is a bit... drastic." he said, scratching his head. "I can reboot her, if you like." Kayla nodded her head. She felt sorry for the droid, with the knowledge that if the droid, Charlie, could regain control, Charlie would probably murder Kayla.

(*Sigh* the watch is just a normal watch. It won't work if it is in the droid-free-zone. So basically it is a crude method of telling if you are still in the droid free zone or not, not telling how deep you are into it.)

Serla followed Taz, knowing she was more sure about herself. They came to a fork and Serla held up her hand and peered at the footprints. They develged into the left path. "Smart" she whisperd, "A trap..." She immediately pointed to the right path, and continued. She paused every now and then, the first few times telling Taz to do the same, to listen for any sounds. So far, they were lucky/