Darkshadow

AI- Artificial Intelligence

HANAMI

HANAMI's visible eye widened a bit in her surprise as the human quickly solved her puzzle, placing the cube on the button to open the door. Very clever of him. In truth, even with all of her data and processing abilities, she had not expected the human to finish her test in such a short amount of time. Even with his apparent lack of ability to answer riddles, this man was actually pretty smart. For a human, that is. Well, a deal was a deal and she had promised him a reward for completing the last chamber. In truth, the reason that she had told the human that he could see her face was because she was tired of hiding her goddess-like beauty from the world, and she had decided that if he was smart enough to solve that test, he was worthy of being the first inmate to ever see her. Not live, of course. The room next to the one he was standing in contained a very large monitor, where she would soon be broadcasting. "Very good, insect." she said with a small, sadistic giggle, once again toying with her microphone "And congratulations on having the foresight to bring that cube with you. Had you not, that room would have been your grave~" HANAMI twisted her chair around, a camera lowering itself in front of her from the ceiling. "You may proceed to the next-" Her words were interrupted by a soft beeping noise, coming from the side of her eyepiece. It was the sound it made when a new inmate had recently been booked. Fresh meat, eh? She pressed a button her wrist, toggling the function of her microphone so that it would sound through the entire facility, not just to the therapy chamber. "New inmate...Genny." she mumbled "Report to the southward therapy chamber entrance. As your first treatment, you're going to be doing some...partner work."

Genny

Genny blinked as a voice rang out, proclaiming her name and telling her to head to the southward therapy chamber entrance. Pausing she turned to a worker droid and asked which chamber was the 'southward therapy chamber entrance.’ The droid pointed to it, and Genny headed towards the entrance and paused there before glancing around for a camera. Finding one, she turned to it and said in a voice that spoke to HANAMI as a person. “Do you want me to go in? Or stand here?” She didn’t seem neither pleased or displeased to be going there. It was as if she didn’t really know what to feel. She turned back to the door and waited.

Edited by warewolves

HANAMI

HANAMI furrowed her brow at the apparent stupidity of the new inmate. Did she want her to go into the chamber? No, she wanted the female to stand there, staring up at the surveillance camera with a blank look on her face until she died from starvation. Then again, that wasn't really an unusual method for her... Shaking her head, she leaned forward a bit in her chair, tapping the button on her wrist to make her voice broadcast only to the therapy area. "I want you to go inside the chamber, you half-witted roach." she said, already sounding a bit bored. Honestly, if a human was doing anything but showing her how smart they were or committing horrible acts out of fear, she found them very uninteresting. "You'll find your partner for this session at the end of the hall, in a chamber with a monitor." she paused for a moment as a drawer-like panel opened on the wall, both in the room with the female as well as in the male's room. "However, before you proceed, pick up the earpiece that you see in that drawer. Same with you, insect." The second comment had be directed towards the male.

((By the way, from now on, HANAMI will refer to Genny as "roach" and Garruk as "insect".))

Genny did as she was told meekly and walked into the monitor room. She put the earpiece in her ear as instructed on the way. She made her way into the chamber and looked to her partner blankly before turning to the monitor. Gazing at it, she began to pass the time by examining every inch of it. There was a tiny chip in one section of the corner. It was square, and had a very thin rim surrounding the actually viewing bit of the Tv. She blinked, and then turned her eyes to her new partner and said “If we win, we live, if we lose, we die. There isn’t much we can do about that. My name is Genny. Good luck.” She turned back to the TV, and continued staring at it.

Edited by warewolves

Garruk

"Very good, insect." HANAMI said with a small, sadistic giggle, "And congratulations on having the foresight to bring that cube with you. Had you not, that room would have been your grave~ You may proceed to the next-" Her words were interrupted by a soft beeping noise. Garruk frowned up at the camera. Was she purposely doing this to freak him out? "New inmate...Genny." she mumbled "Report to the southward therapy chamber entrance. As your first treatment, you're going to be doing some...partner work." Oh great. He had seen 'partner work' when the other two inmates had murdered each other. He had no desire to die today, nor anyday in the near future.

"I want you to go inside the chamber, you half-witted roach." she said, already sounding a bit bored. Why was she bored? Was the new inmate psycho? "You'll find your partner for this session at the end of the hall, in a chamber with a monitor." she paused for a moment as a drawer-like panel opened on the wall. Garruk stepped back from the panel, fearing that it would be another trap. "However, before you proceed, pick up the earpiece that you see in that drawer. Same with you, insect." The second comment had be directed to Garruk. Garruk stepped forward and fitted the earpiece into his ear, and saw that the new inmate had arrived. She stared blankly at him for a moment, which creeped him out, and then turned to the TV. “If we win, we live, if we lose, we die. There isn’t much we can do about that. My name is Genny. Good luck.” She turned back to face Garruk, and then faced the TV again like it was the center of the universe. Creepy, but at least she isn't going to murder me... I think. "My name is Garruk. Good luck to you too." he muttered, the last part under his breath. He just wanted to return to his cell, bizarre as that seemed.

HANAMI

HANAMI watched as the human female made her way into the therapy chamber, her visible glowing eye dull from disinterest. She had a feeling that this girl really wouldn't be a source of much entertainment...unless... A devious smile crossed the droid's feature's, a diabolical plan forming in her processors. The male inmate had been there for years and, like most of the other disgusting insects that polluted the halls of her lovely facility, flinched at the mere sound of her voice. While he had already displayed that he wasn't one to crack easily under pressure, HANAMI had driven stronger men to insanity. Perhaps, if she played with both of the humans' heads, she could turn them against each other...how entertaining that would be... Smirking, she once again turned towards the camera lens that was suspended over her head. "Now, I promised that I would allow you to see my face, insect. I want to share my goddess-like beauty with the world." she giggled once more "Roach...consider this to be an honor, seeing as you haven't done anything the slightest bit interesting as of yet." That being said, the large monitor in the room flickered to life, revealing a live stream of HANAMI from the waist up. The numerous wires that were shoved into her head and back could clearly be seen, attaching her to the gear-filled chair on which she sat. "Feast your eyes upon it...my perfection."

((Why yes, HANAMI is a narcissist. XD))

Genny didn't see anything of note, so she bowed and simply said "You are indeed perfection. A perfect amount of technology and science." Straightening up she turned and gazed to her pertner before turning back. She blinked before returning the the monotone, silent gaze that she had on her. What will be will be, and if she continued to keep quiet then she would hopefully find the right chance to ask her question. She paused for a few moments longer, before bowing again and saying "but I wonder, if I may ask a question...If you are so wonderful and perfect, why are you running a prison instead of running the entire city?-No the world. Are the other droids jealous of your beauty? Of your genius? "

Edited by warewolves

HANAMI

HANAMI couldn't help but smile as the the roach bowed and began to flatter her, agreeing that she was indeed perfection. However, it was what she said, after bowing once more, that made the feminine droid pause for a moment. "If you are so wonderful and perfect, why are you running a prison instead of running the entire city?-No the world. Are the other droids jealous of your beauty? Of your genius?" HANAMI's visible eye twitched. You know, that was actually a pretty good question. Why was her magnificence confined to a simple prison? Why wasn't she in charge of absolutely everything on this planet, both organic and mechanical? She leaned forward in her seat, about to reply to the roach, when she was reminded of the exact reason for her limited power. As she moved, a wire connected to the back of her head went taunt, preventing her from coming forward any more. She was confined there, the very thing keeping her from shutting down prevented her from going anywhere. When the prison was found all those years ago, HANAMI was the best working droid, but she wasn't immaculate. Her power core was damaged and impossible to repair. Her processors would only run for a few minutes if she wasn't plugged into something. Letting out an airless sigh, she looked back at the lens, looking somewhat placated. "Even Achilles had his weakness..." at that moment though, her expression once again turned to one of evil "Weakness or not, a human is nothing compared to a droid. Watch your tongue, roach, or I'll have it cut out." That being said, she turned her eyes towards the male. "Well? Are you just going to stand there, or are you going to say something, insect?" she asked "I'm going to take your silence as an insult if you don't speak soon..."

---

Charlie

A pre-recorded noise that sounded like a giggle escaped Charlie's lips as she felt the tall human's fingers slip around her hand, completely oblivious to how hesitant the touch was. Like stated earlier, having been built to be a companion, she loved any and all attention that she got from humans. She continued to gently pull him down the hallway. Now, where were they going again? Something about- Her musings were interrupted by the human, who was asking about the first name on the list that had been given to her by...someone. Having no recollection of ever hearing that name (then again, she didn't ever remember a person's name, even if they had just said it), she stopped walking, looking back at the human with a confused expression. "Who is that?" she asked. Blinking her good eye, she grinned at him sheepishly. "And what were we doing?"

Edited by JadeHeartOfFire

stefan kostya.

Stefan felt his hands go clammy--not that they weren't already cold and uncomfortable, of course; he was holding a damn droid's hand--as what sounded like, hopefully, a giggle left the girl's dark lips. The tall Russian bit his lip in trembling fear as he walked slowly behind Charlie, her fingers still so light. Fortunately, they felt human, not like a robot's. Suddenly, in response to what he had said, Charlie stopped in the middle of the corridor, a confused look on her human-except-for-that-hole face. Even her orange eyes looked puzzled. Stefan coughed uncomfortably, slowly sliding his own calloused fingers out of Charlie's slender and soft ones, backing a step away.

Apparently, Charlie had completely forgotten what they had been doing--oh God, that embarrassed smile was so creepy--and who Kayla Vitatna was. Stefan looked quickly around his surroundings; luckily, they hadn't gone far and he could still find his way out if he left right now. But then ... Charlie had no idea what she was doing...

"We were..." Stefan cleared his throat and adjusted his collar agonizingly. Devochka was frightening... "...following Miss Kayla Vitatna's orders to gather a list of people...? The lady who gives all the orders, da?" He gestured at himself, attempting to find the right words. "...one of the people was me...? And I'm helping you to find those people..."

Charlie

For what was probably the first time since she was reprogrammed, Charlie actually managed to sense the intense discomfort wafting off of the tall human as he spoke to her. Even though he was helping her find her way, telling her who the person he mentioned was and reminding her of her objective, there was obviously something wrong. His eyes seemed to be staring at something, which was probably the problem. Following his line of sight, she saw that he was focused on...the gaping hole in her face. Charlie's functioning hand shot up, covering it, her expression embarrassed. Companion droids were supposed to provide comfort, not fears. And her face was bothering the human. "...I'm sorry." she mumbled "You...you don't like the wires, yes?" Suddenly, she smiled. This could be easily remedied. "Don't worry, tall human...Charlie will fix it." Her fingers jammed themselves into the hole and wrapped around the exposed wiring. Then, with an electric crackle, she yanked them straight out of her face. Unfortunately, the wires had been somewhat important to her functioning. For the second time that day, her joints stiffened and her extremities shook wildly, the sound of her whirring processor filling the air. Needless to say, that had been a bad idea.

Bowing once more Genny did as she was told. She had what she wanted, She had found a weakness to exploit. “As you wish, most perfect one.” She gazed forward and waited for her next orders. She had her foothold, something to use to get into the inner working of her program. It was true, she had nothing against droids, but she didn’t want to be here. And there was some truth in the matter, if Hanami was so perfect, why wasn’t she ruling. She would pursue it, but later when there wasn’t any chance of being killed.

Serla nodded and motioned to one of the guards to get his attention before saying “So, Do we get a tour or what?”

stefan kostya.

Stefan waited with terrified breath for Charlie's response, praying silently to God--if he was existent--that the droid wouldn't malfunction for trying to process his question or for trying to remember what they were doing. The mess the wires in her head were in looked dreadful and completely riddled. However, much to the Russian's surprise, Charlie seemed to realise that he was feeling extraordinarily uncomfortable at last and let go of his hand to cover up the gap in her head, where the wires were. Stefan decided that Charlie was probably right in some ways; the wires were creeping him out way too much. Coughing, he nodded reluctantly. Could droids like Charlie become insulted? If he was a droid and someone was frightened because of what he looked like, he might've been insulted.

Deciding to inform Charlie he should get used to wires anyway--he was not supposed to be afraid of robots in this war--Stefan moved to take Charlie's hand away from her face when suddenly, she said she would fix it and plunged her hand inside the hole in her head, yanking out a clump of the wires. Stefan jumped back, horrified. For one, that would not be a very smart choice for a robot that required such circuitry, and for two--that was just disgusting! Skin crawling, Stefan stared as Charlie's body seemed to recognise that pulling out the wires was not the right thing to do; she began to shake and twitch even more, whirring coming from the processor in her head.

Stefan, alarmed, bent lower to reach her short height and grabbed Charlie's hand and gently placed the wires in her hand back in. Of course, they weren't going to match up again, but he leaned to the side to take a look at the back view of the hole in her head. They were sparking and everything...!

Muttering in confused Russian, Stefan straightened back up and took a deep breath. To fix this, he should probably bring her back to the mechanics as he didn't have the skills to find how to mend Charlie's technical problems.

Taking Charlie's hands, Stefan tugged, wondering if she could still move. The mechanic work lab was on the floor below, fortunately--they could take the stairs or the elevator.

K 4 4 - 4 Y

Zzz... RECHARGING. REBOOTING DATA. COMFORT LEVEL IS NOT ENOUGH FOR COMPLETE REFUEL.

The letters filled Kay's vision as he reopened his eyes. He knew that humans slept as a natural function, and according to his body stats and recorded functions, he should be a bit tired, especially factoring in his hunger levels. This was not right--in order to maintain a good human image, he would have to meet the needs that were built in to his body. He didn't know what it was like to not need anything, though, like how a normal droid would. 'Dozing' was the right word for what he was doing right now, and he jerked awake as one of the two strangers turned to him.

The tall woman with long, brown hair was facing him, asking, "So, do we get a tour or what?" Kay blinked momentarily at her before straightening, clearing his throat.

"If Miss Vitatna requests so," Kay answered briskly, all traces of the sleepiness he had been experiencing earlier gone. "I suppose you should get one anyway, seeing as you'd just received work." Disgusting human. Kay blinked again, making sure his expression was unreadable.

Edited by xFlame990

Garruk

"Now, I promised that I would allow you to see my face, insect. I want to share my goddess-like beauty with the world." HANAMI giggled, a sound that made Garruk want to suddenly jump off of a bridge, if there had been one around. "Roach...consider this to be an honor, seeing as you haven't done anything the slightest bit interesting as of yet." That being said, the large monitor in the room flickered to life, revealing a live stream of HANAMI from the waist up. The numerous wires that were shoved into her head and back could clearly be seen, attaching her to the gear-filled chair on which she sat. "Feast your eyes upon it...my perfection."

Oh god. PLEASE NO. Too late. He had seen it. Garruk didn't mind most of it, but seeing the wires sticking out of her, like she was a kind of doll, grossed him out. And her face.... it was the face of a devil with a malicious smile. Her eyes bored into him, sticking him in place like an insect with a pin. He ignored the conversation for a few moments...

"Even Achilles had his weakness..." HANAMI's expression once again turned to one of evil, and made Garruk shiver a little on the inside. "Weakness or not, a human is nothing compared to a droid. Watch your tongue, roach, or I'll have it cut out." That being said, she turned her eyes towards the male. "Well? Are you just going to stand there, or are you going to say something, insect?" she asked "I'm going to take your silence as an insult if you don't speak soon..." Garruk looked up, startled, at her comment. Was he supposed to say something nice about her? "I'm not trying to be rude, but I'm just struck speechless by your beautiful appearence." he said, saying it meekly. Sure, she was beautiful, but he couldn't describe it properly.

--

Kayla Vitatna

"If Miss Vitatna requests so," It was Kay, one of the guards from before. He sounded a bit irritated, but that was Kay after all. Kayla smiled at him, and then said, "Thank you for volunteering, Kay. Would you lead these girls on a tour?" She had to turn her mind back towards the raid. "I believe it would be best if you two mingled with everybody else and became a little more comfortable. We have a raid coming up soon, and we need every hand we can get."

Edited by Darkshadow

Taz glanced from Serla to Kay. The guard didn't seem pleased with her, but then again Serla seemed to be demanding a lot from everyone. "Thank you," she said to Kayla then stood ready next to the guard, waiting for the tour.

{{ATTENTION: THIS IS A TIMESKIP. ALL INACTIVE PLAYERS WILL HAVE TO CONTACT ME OR FACE CHARACTER DELETION FOR THE SAKE OF PLOT PROGRESS.}}

Kayla Vitatna

It was finally the night of the raid. She had furiously checked and rechecked the layouts of the base she was raiding (the ones she could get her hands on, anyway), checked supplies, and ran numbers until even her dreams were filled with calculations. Everything seemed perfect. The eight groups of five would spread out and take different parts of the base, each tackling a different form of security. Group 1 would take out the cameras, Group 2 would take out the lazers, Group 3 would take out the turrets, and so on. The only thing Kayla was worried about was the droids themselves. She had been unable to get any data pertaining to the types of droids stationed at the base outpost. For all she knew, the droids could be anything from cleaning droids to the heavy-mech droids designed to deal out massive damage in a few hits. This made her nervous. Outside, in the frigid air, Kayla shivered, adjusting the night vision goggles on her face. She was wearing all-black, as were the other groups. It would at least fool the droid's sensor array, since they weren't scanning for humans. A flight had passed over the land recently, and had declared this area to be safe. Safe! Ha! Kayla slunk through the bushes, her hand clutching the anti-droid gun. It was her lifeline in this raid. She didn't have the skills with regular guns; no, she preferred the weapon that only took out droids. It would be better that way. With one raised hand she signaled the groups to start moving, and to make sure that no of them would make any suspicious noises. One wrong move and they could have the droids on the offensive in five seconds flat, no exaggeration. Kayla had seen what the droids had done to a bear earlier that week when she was scouting for weaknesses. It had been a quick death at least, but still, she shuddered to think what the droids had done to that bear. She made anther gesture, which would make the groups ready their weapons and start to break off to go their separate ways. And finally, she flicked her hand downward. The raid had begun.

Kayla darted forward, keeping her body close to the ground. Her group followed her movements exactly, keeping silent as she did so. Once she fired the anti-droid gun, the battle would begin. The gun was very noisy. She just hoped the other groups would have disabled the security features in time.

Serla motioned to Kate to get her attention and passed her a (I’m calling it Sonic Disruptor cause it sounds nicer then Droid Disrupter.) “Here” She whispered, “If you get in a tight spot, that will temporarily disable any droids in your vicinity for a very brief amount of time. I only have two with me because they are very expensive to make. Be careful out there, I see it in these people’s eyes. If they lose you, they will surrender on the spot. Oh!” She held out a watch, “This has a small beacon in it. It’s not much, but if they do capture you then I have a slim chance of getting you out of there.” Serla paused, and said “Don’t underestimate me. No droid can stop the Sonic Disruptor, and I’m close to making a long lasting one.” She moved back into position, ending the one way conversation.

(No problems with the post?)