Arwen17

How Do You View Other People's Scrolls?

I was curious about other people's scroll-viewing habits and settings.

I know that when I'm looking at a long scroll for no particular reason I have a habit of looking at the first few dragons and then scrolling really fast down to the bottom and looking at the last few dragons. Then I feel like "yay I looked at it." Even though I really went too fast to see the dragons in the middle. tongue.gif

If I'm looking at a scroll for a particular reason, then I take more care because I'm usually looking for a particular dragon on the scroll.

The other thing I do is that I have my scroll dragon-per-page view set really high because I have a long scroll and like to be able to see all my dragons on one page. Those of you with long scrolls, do you do the same? Those of you with shorter scrolls, what do you do?

Would you say probably the top and bottom of a scroll are the most looked at areas other than random places in the middle?

I have my setting set to "0" so all dragons show on one page. I do this because I don't bother looking at other people's scrolls if I'm not looking for something. I don't see any reason for me to randomly look at people's scrolls and I see no reason others should see mine, so I keep everything hidden for now. Sometimes I take a look at friends' scrolls about once a month. I don't even stalk prize dragons like most people seem to be doing.

I'd have to say the top of the scroll is most looked at since a lot of people like to keep important things at the top.

Actually, I rarely look at the bottom dragons on someone's scroll, unless it's a really short scroll. I'll look at the top ones, and then scroll down a bit (maybe 30-40 dragons), and then get bored. Unless I'm looking for a specific reason, like looking for a certain dragon, I won't go the whole way down.

*puts all my rares at the bottom of the scroll >..>*

As already said, it depends. But usually if I'm looking at another person's scroll I like to get a feel of what types they collect. Consequently, I tend to quick scroll down to see just a rep of all. And sometimes to the next page.

I have my settings set to 0, so all the dragons show on one page (probably because I don't bother with changing pages x3). I usually don't bother looking at someones scroll without looking for something specific, so I tend to skim through the scroll till I find the kind of dragon I'm looking for :3

If I, for some sort of abnormal reason, is looking at a scroll without a purpose, I'll look at the dragons on top, then scroll to somewhere in the middle, then get bored and leave tongue.gif

I love looking at other's scrolls. I have mine set to zero so all the dragons/creatures are on one page. I usually glance though the whole scroll. I like looking for rares/holidays etc.

I put mine on 200 per page just to see how close i am to a silver trophy then after that I'm going to put it on 500. It has nothing to do with other peoples scrolls, but I do like to look at scrolls especially if they have more then me.

I sometimes view other people's scroll, although I normally check people who have my offspring to see how many dragons they have, their names chosen, and how messy or tidy it is.

I don't stalk prize dragons either. Actually, I don't know who has them.

I rarely look at other people's scrolls, only when people ask questions about being locked, or when a trade has been suggested to look at the lineage of the egg. As in most cases what I'm looking for is at the top of the scroll, I rarely look further.

I have my page count set on 200 so I'll notice when I'm close to the silver trophy.

I have all dragons on one page because I dislike having to switch to another site. And I sometimes look at other people`s scrolls, mostly to check on my dragons offsprings. Or when I am in the trading section I check what those people have on their scroll that I would like. Mainly I do check on the eggs and hatchlings and then I scroll rather fast down, only stopping when I find something intersting (like a Dorkface or some rarer dragon)

I like to browse other people's scrolls just to see what they have. I only do it when I have time, though, because I do tend to browse entire scrolls and take the time to glance at lineages. I set my scroll pages at 0 so I can see all dragons on one page.

I'm more likely to look at a scroll if it belongs to someone who catches my attention for whatever reason. I'll also look at a scroll if I catch an AP egg someone bred that I keep (or if you catch one of my bred eggs) and their scroll name is visible.

How long I spend on a scroll depends on whose scroll I'm looking at and what kind of mood I'm in. I can be there for several minutes if you have a lot of cool stuff. If you give your dragons amusing names, I'll probably be there even longer giggling at them. :3

Edited by AngelKitty

Cool, I find it interesting so many people still use the 'all dragons at once' view! I have a not-huge but longish scroll, and I have my views set to 50 a page. It's just an easy way to get around; babies up front, reds on page 7, pinks on page 10, frozen wasteland at the end, etc.

Now that I think about it it would be convenient to move reds up to page 1, huh (edit: did this xd.png). Currently I'm using some kind of arbitrary/color custom sort that's grown up over time.

I don't browse other people scroll's too often; usually just a quick skim of the first page to get a sense of what's going on - and yes, usually over AP intersections.

Edited by munificent

I admit I rarely look at others scrolls. Usually, if I do, it is to look at how many and how they are caring for their dragons. And I have where you see all the dragons on one page, I dislike the way the pages work, personally.

Edited by Nectaris

Well, I don't look at scrolls often. Sometimes to check lineages in trading. Or checking a spriter's scroll for a spriter-alt dragon. Or I visit my friends scrolls.

But I usually don't look through the whole scroll. I've 200 dragons per page, that's enough for me. So I have all my rares on top of the scroll.

My scroll is currently set to show 250 dragons. I'll probably change that to show all on one page as my dragon population grows.

As for visiting other people's scrolls. I don't do that often. Only if someone pics up and egg I bred. Then I check to see how many dead eggs/hatchlings they have and if they name their dragons.

I keep my settings at default, just because I'm too lazy to fuss with them.

I tend to only look at someone's scroll if I'm gifting them a dragon (If they have a bunch of that breed, I might pick someone with fewer), or if they grabbed an egg I bred from the AP (to see if they have aid on/need help raising other eggs.) For long scrolls, I usually flip quickly and stop halfway through unless I'm looking for something specific.

i love lookin at other scroll. Its lets me see the different designs of the dragons and the owners description of them

I have a limited internet access (I can use 4 GB / month and after that it slows down to, like, dial-up speed) so I prefer not loading all the images. I try and stop loading as soon as possible and check the scroll for interesting names.

my scroll is set to 250 only cuz it will not let me set it to 0 i have fought with it time after time and it wont work so i gave up

but i will check scrolls when friends ask me to babysit, i will also check scrolls to look at how my dragons babys are doing, and what they have been named. I don't really go to scrolls often

My scroll settings are on "0".

I view others' scrolls every once in a while. Most of the time it's when I'm in the "Swipe A Dragon" thread, because you kind of have to know what you are swiping to swipe it. tongue.gif

I usually look at the first few dragons, scroll down pretty fast, watching out for anything rare or special, then I get bored.

I also keep all of my rares at the top of my scroll just because I like looking at them. XP

My rares are on tops, because I like feeling successful lol

The total of five rare dragons I own...

I don't really remember what I do to look at other peoples scrolls, I think I look at the first few, and then leave

I don´t know exactly my scroll settings, only that I´ve chosen a higher number than I have dragons on my scroll to see them all but to not have any problems with loading large scroll.

I don´t visit other´s scrolls that often, mostly the one´s of my friends. However, if I come across another scroll I scroll down pretty fast, only looking for something interesting or rare unless I´m looking for something specific happy.gif