AbsolutelyAlexis

Behind the Façade

Adelbrecht grimaced, one of his more dangerous, shady looks passing over like a veil onto his face. He crushed the phone with an inhuman-like strength.

"I'll have to take this up with the council," he hissed, his pale eyes eerie looking. He was tired of wolves betraying him all of a sudden. Couldn't they understand? Don't go near humans. Easy, they want to kill you. Don't bring them here. Really easy if you do as the first one says. Why, why? Couldn't they listen? Just once? He sighed and picked up Beck once more, carrying him to where he knew there was a bath/shower. He gently put the man in it and turned on the faucet, glowering as the man gasped and opened his eyes. Adelbrecht turned to Kirin.

"Turn him," he commanded, authority ringing in his voice, though his eyes now held sadness and pity for Des. She should've just done what he'd said.

Beck shook his head. Where was he? Then he saw the pale man.

"Turn him."

This must be the Alpha. He shuddered. Turn him? He didn't want to be a werewolf. He wanted to go back and study to be a lawyer. He would never get to be what he wanted, everyone in a lawyer's position had to go through a full-moon test to make sure they weren't a werewolf. Why did this have to happen?

Des nodded and then turned away just as Adelbrecht picked up Beck and put him somewhere else. She didn't want to be there when he was forced to be changed. She ran when she was far from her house and the city and to a mountain that was far into the woods that she sometimes went to when she was troubled. When she got to the top of it, she sat down, and then started crying. I never should have met him and the council's probably going to kill me, she thought to herself as her knees were up against her chest and her head was buried in them.

The Alpha's order shocked Kirin out of her musings on her own worries. She blinked for second after he had given this command, which gave Des a chance to leave."I've never done anything like that before, I am not sure I know how...," she admitted . This was, in fact the complete and unmixed truth; Kirn had no idea of wheather she needed to be in wolf form or something like that for this to work.

Seeeing that the Alpha was in NO mood for any sort of discussion on the matter, she cast one last pitying look at Des as she fled the room before nodding the affirmative to the Alpha and turning to the boy. Poor kid, she thought to herself as she prepared herself to do what the Alpha had ordered, he never should have been mixed up in this. She told herself that she would have words with Des about this at some later time. She then shifted into her wolf form, bit the boy's right arm, and promptly shifted back. "Now", she told him, "You will become one of us... The change can be relatively easy or extremely unpleasant, or so I am told. The choice is up to you, now;though I would recomend you don't fight it... it WILL win out sooner or later and the more unpleasant the change will be then." As she told him this, Kirin's mind went back to when SHE had been changed, not so very long ago... Kirin bent her head and let a few tears fall when she thought the Alpha wasn't looking;tears of sadness both for the new werewolf and for her freind, and for herself, too, she had just turned an innocent young man into one of her own kind- with all the troubles and complications that went along with it. Yet, she had had no choice, the kid would surely have been killed if she had not.

Edited by LeopardDragon

Beck tried to push the wolf away, but to no avail. These wolves were strong. When she bit him he let out a blood-curdling scream for it felt like fire and ice were flooding through his veins. They joined at his heart, creating a wolf inside him that tried to take over. He gripped the sink, all he muscles tensed. He was doing exactly what she told him not to. He was fighting it.

Sweat dripped down his forehead. He breathing was heavy and hard. He couldn't use heat or cold against it, that's why the fever state he was currently in wasn't doing anything. He supposed he needed air or earth if it was an elemental thing.

"Not even I could fight it, boy. Don't try."

"Then...... clearly.....you...didn't......try.....hard....enough," Beck said weakly in response.

Adelbrecht turned his attention to the crying girl. He was sad it had to end this way, but it was the only way. He couldn't just let the boy go. He sighed.

"I'm sorry, Kirin. It was the only way and you know that. Was I supposed to let him go? I'm doing it for the safety of the wolves."

Kirin wiped her tears," I know", she said, nodding,"I just wish that Des hadn't..." here she trailed off... who was she to judge. "I think I will have words for Des, when I see her again," was all she could finish. " I do not like cleaning up other people's messes," she told him," and this... made me think way to much of when I was turned..." She paused, unsure how much the Alpha wolf knew about her past. Obviously he must have known at least something, or else how would his wolves have known who she was and how and where to find her... she prepared to tell the story, if need be, however.

It suddenly occured to Kirin that in many ways she was a true werewolf of the Pack, now; she still had much to learn, but she had turned a human at her Alpha's command. If this did not prove her loyalty, she didn't know what did.

Edited by LeopardDragon

"I know. It's not fair to you. But I can't change him. I would change him to a beta. My werewolf saliva would make him an equal to a beta. His strength would be much like my own, that is, if he survives. This stuff inside me kills most people. I have to be careful who I use it on. I'm sorry," he whispered, his pale blue eyes shining in the eerie blue light.

Beck was losing the battle. He coughed in the sink and a silvery liquid came spilling out. Somehow he knew this was blood. He was dying. He couldn't die. It was too early for him to die.

Adelbrecht's eyes widened as he saw what the man was hacking up. He was hacking up blood. Silvery blood. The only other person he knew like that was...

Adelbrecht smashed a piece of crystal into several shards. He slowly cut himself and silvery blood welled up, his wound healing almost instantly. His head turned and his eyes locked with Kirin.

"Who changed you? What did they look like?" he asked. How could this boy have Alpha blood? It didn't make sense. Unless Kirin had it too, which would mean that Adelbrecht changed her. But had no memories of doing so. That meant if he did change her it would've had to be during the full moon. No-wolf ever remembers what they do on the full moon.

"I don't even know the name of the wolf who changed me..." she declared truthfully, " I was at this tournament in Germany, and one evening after the round I had decided to go for a walk in the countryside and... well, I was attacked by a wolf, an exceptionally large one with a silvery coat. At first I thought he would kill me, only, when it bit me, I changed, changed into a wolf and for several days I was stuck like that; the wolf who changed me dissappeared into the night. I don't remember that much about the first time I changed, other than hot and cold racing throught my veins and nearly completely overpowering me. Noone knows the truth about where I was for those days,they think I as hiding to gain publicity, but the truth is that I was roaming the German countryside as a wolf." She looked at the Alpha hoping that the truth would satisfy him.

She truthfully wished that she remembered more about what had happened that evening...

Edited by LeopardDragon

"Germany?" Adelbrecht said slightly weakly. He gulped. "You mean a wolf like this?"

Adelbrecht was an overly large silvery wolf, his white fur like the crystals of the city. He practically choked. He did this to her? She would never, ever forgive him.

Kirin nodded lamely as the implications of what the Alpha meant sank in... and she voiced the question about the same instant it occured to her thoroughly befuddled brain. " What does this mean?" What would happen to her, what what what... that was all she wanted to know. Does this mean I am a Beta? What was she capable of... still it made sense, a whole lot of sense. She had learned remarkeably quickly and her speed and strength had grown by leaps since she had been turned, for certain.

She had much to think of it seemed... how had she survived, and what of the boy she had been obliged to change... would he live? Her concern showed on her face. What have I done... she wondered, as she watched the boy.

It was then that she noticed the look that crossed the Alpha's face... he looked as if he must surely think she hated him; a fact that, astonishingly enough, she found hurt her greatly. She looked away from the boy and directly at the Alpha when she saw Des take charge of the new wolf's care. "I forgive you," she assured him, " A few weeks ago, I might not have been so ready to do so;but after everything I have seen, being a werewolf isn't really so bad...I can actually sing, now," she laughed, "as a human I can't, but in my wolf form..." she felt the memory of singing beneath the stars and moon wash over her. She flashed the Alpha one of her wolfish grins, to show that she meant what she was telling him, and then loooked back at the young man to see how Des was coping.

Edited by LeopardDragon

Des stopped crying and decided to go to where Adelbrecht and Kirin were. No doubt they'd probably not even talk to her anymore but at this point she didn't really care. Sniffing, she ran down the mountain trail until she got to the ground and then ran back through the woods back to the city and towards where the Alpha and Kirin were. "Sorry to interrupt," she said as she came in. "But could I help Beck transform?" She nodded her head towards him as he seemed to fight it. "It'll be the least I can do in order to somewhat make up for what had happened earlier. What I said of what had occurred earlier was true but I won't fight with you on if you think it's true or not." Edited by Dragonpelt

((looks good but we have an ooc thread now that you're supposed to put the forms in but it's fine happy.gif; also for the color, could you put your intro post in that color? just add the color codes before and after the post and it'll be fine...for example text[/ color] = text; actually you'll need another color since blue has already been taken and navy as well...gray and green have also been taken along with purple but you can use tan))

Edited by Dragonpelt

When Leah awoke, it was dark, and she was confused. Her last memories were of talking to her good friend while walking down a busy, noisy street. She could feel a hard floor against her side, and starting to stand she could feel the slight ridges of a old, well scratched, concrete floor against her sensitive pads. Pads! She thought. Oh, crap. Leah could hear labored breathing in the room, and it smelt like pain, fear and anasthetic. It smelt a little like her one memory of going to the dentist when she was little, but back then she couldn't have smelt the pain or fear.

And then she stood up. Leah's head spun and her left hind leg throbbed. The pain of her leg brought back a memory. A bicycle bell from behind her, and stepping off the pavement to let a golden haired cyclist fly past. The sound of breaks and screaching tires. And the pain of a dangerous change.

That was it. She knew what had happened. A car had hit her, and in fear and pain she had changed to her wolf form. In her head, she reeled off a string of swear words. When she'd exhausted all the words she knew, she turned her mind to getting out of here before they fixed her up and sent her to the pound. Her head still swam. They'd doped her up to the eyeballs, thank you, God, for this werewolf metabolism, Leah thought to herself. She closed her eyes and focused on the feel of being human, of flapping her arms like a bird, and of enjoying a ceasar salad sitting on a curb in a full suit.

Agony was dulled by the drugs, but still she yelped a little into the silence. No one heard her cry, and the place remained silent after the echos faded.

((hey, welcome back Alexis! Hope you don't mind what we've done with the plot so far...))

Agony spread through Beck, crippling him. He couldn't breathe, he couldn't move. He was dying. Beck let go, letting his body slowly fade away into nothingness. Suddenly more agony came in a jolt and Beck was surprised. Why was this happening? He had let his body go so it could die! Why wasn't he dead? He watched as fur sprouted from his arms. A deep brown fur. His bones started changing. He was a wolf. He had survived.

No! Nononononononono! God why? Why? I shoulda taken that stupid girl at the cafe's number and not looked back! I shouldn't have GLANCED at that stupid girl with pretty hair. I've practically given her my life! I have no life now! I can NEVER be a lawyer! What will my parents think? Even if I don't tell them, they'll know something's up when I quit law school! God!

Beck pressed himself against the back wall of the bathroom, snarling and snapping. His tail was tucked under his belly and his eyes were wide with fear. What had he become? What had they done to him?

Adelbrecht slowly walked out of the room. He had ruined his own life and so many others all for what? All for power? For the hunger and drive of control? For the rush it gave him to be able to be in that seat of power, to be able to tell others what to do? No, for a much better cause. He was going to make werewolves the primary race. He was going to destroy those who stopped him. He was going to conquest. He was going to kill. And Adelbrecht was going to enjoy it.

Des sighed as Adelbrecht didn't hear her and just slowly walked out of the room. She, Kirin, and Beck were the only ones there now. She turned her attention to Beck as he changed into a wolf and figured that he hadn't needed help at all. "I'm so sorry Beck," she said softly as tears fell down her cheeks. "You probably hate me now and probably never want to see me ever again." She then shifted into a wolf herself before running out of the room again and back to the mountain.

Kirin looked at Beck apologetically..." I am so sorry, I had no idea it was going to be so hard on you..." All of which was true enough, but that still didn't explain why the Alpha had walked out without even acknowledging her question. she growled in frustration. It seemed as if other werewolves could be so... uncomunicative at times. She turned her wandering attention back to the new werewolf who stood before them. She could see the fear on his face... Poor kid, he should never have had to be put through that.

"Des," she said at last, " what does it mean, if the Alpha was the one who turned me? Thenand only then did she notice that Des had left as well... Kirin sighed... she really needed to go back to the hotel, but... she looked at Beck. He was terrified and obviously still in shock over what had just happened to him.

Edited by LeopardDragon

Beck sat on his haunches, his blue eyes pleading for someone to help him, to stop this. To save him from what he had become. To save him from himself. He looked up at Kirin and brushed against her as if to say, "Its okay. I'll learn to live with it, I guess." He started to go into a trot and then went into a full-out sprint. He needed to tell Des he was okay. That he'd be okay. He raced across the ground, his legs pumping and his nose moving, trying to follow De's trail. He finally caught a glimpse of black and red and purple to his left. He slowed, his tail gently wagging. He wanted to let her know he would forgive her. She had looked so upset.

After she was certain that Beck would be alright, Kirin shifted back into her wolf form, trotted out of crystal city and followed her own trail through the forest back to the park picnick area... the events of the day already had her tied in knots. She was positively and truely furious with the Alpha... he hadn't even been able to answer a question and an important one at that. And didn't she deserve to know if she was somehow different from other werewolves! Not to mention that poor young man... he had nearly DIED, she fumed, and all because noone could tell her ANYTHING. That business with Jeremiah, and her worries that the Alpha might view him as a threat or rival did little to help her mood either. She howled her frustration and anger and general displeasure to sky as she made her way towards the picnick spot.

Once she was safely in her human form again, she found her taxicab still waiting for her as her instructions had been and she hopped in it for the ride back to the city. No she was NOT in a good mood... woe to whomever had HER as their opponant for the next match, who was it again... oh yes, the Irish champion... well she would see about him soon enough.

Edited by LeopardDragon

Des stopped at the bottom of the mountain trail and laid down in the grass. Her tears were falling in earnest now and she knew without looking towards her left that Beck was there. She had smelled his scent earlier as she was running and could still smell him now. She finally looked over at him, tears still streaming down her cheeks and her eyes had the apology that she had said to him earlier in them. They were trying to tell him that her apology was really sincere but she doubted that he'd believe her.

Jeremiah stretched himself as he got up from his chair and got himself ready for the tournament... it had been a long few hours of study since he had talked to Kirin and she had assured him that she would be at the venue on time... he hoped he could trust her to keep to that. She has been so... erratic, lately, he mused as he checked himself over in the mirror one last time before he headed out...And yet, he found that that wildness he had noticed about her lately made her all the more irrisistable...He made his way through the hotel lobby which was swarming with guests and down to the street.

"TAXI..." he called and attempted to flag down a passing cab to get a ride so that he, himself, would not be late.

Meanwhile, on the other side of tow Kirin's Taxi was just pulling in to the edge of Dublin. She had been thinking on it during the ride back to town... and she had come to the conclusion that the best way to deal with Jeremiah was to tell him the truth. Dangerous, yes, but how else could she explain why she couldn't... shouldn't love him back? She did know she would be in it over her head if the Alpha were to find out, but still, it had been increasingly clear since her change that he didn't enirely buy the lies the press had been spreading about her few days missing. Although they made a fine cover for her, Jeremiah, was a decent guy and, in Kirin's oppinion... he deserved to know the truth about her. maybe after the next round of the tourny?

Yes, she thought as the taxi drove through town.. that is exactly what she would do; and she didn';t care one iota at the moment what the pack Alpha would think of it. I may be a werewolf and a member of the pack, but ifhe thinks that means I will just obey orders and do exactly and only as I am told... not likely she growled softly to herself.

Edited by LeopardDragon

Beck trotted over to her and licked her cheek. His eyes were sad, but showed a wiseness and kindness inside their teal irises. He brushed his dark brown fur against her black, red and purple fur. Beck sat down, dark circles underneath his eyes from the study he would no longer be able to do. But he forgave. Why, one might muse. Beck had reached a level of understanding and maturity to realize it wasn't Des' fault. The only one at fault for this was the Alpha, who in turn, would pay.

Already knowing the time of the tourney, Adelbrecht swiftly got into his blue-black corvette and started down the secret road he had paved. It took several turns until it finally reached an interstate. He drove on that until he reached the city of Dublin. Left, another left, right, stop at the stoplight, swerve to left lane, speed on as a cop notices you but is to lazy to bother chasing a speeder and arrive right at the Tourney. Adelbrecht quickly dusted off the jet black spider-silk business suit and crisply walked out of his car. His job today was to make an impression on the public and to find out just who Kirin had been talking to. He was several minutes early and he sat down on a rather uncomfortable chair, waiting for Kirin and her "second" to arrive.

Ziva had finished packing and was now back in the cellar with her duffel-bag. She was sitting on the couch that she had slept on and her duffel-bag was near the in-table that was near the piles of extra clothes. "So what do we do now?" she asked Tioga as she looked over at him. She wanted to go for a walk in the woods with him but was afraid that one of the pack members would spot them and then bring them back. She didn't want to be put in another cage again.

"So you don't hate me?" Des asked him softly in the wolves' language after he had licked her cheek and brushed up against her fur. He had every right to hate her since he could no longer be at law school due to his now being a werewolf. She rested her head on her paws and listened to the animal sounds around them. She felt a little better now but not completely. She was happy that he had forgiven her, though but she would feel much better after hearing if he didn't hate her.

Edited by Dragonpelt

Kirin arrived at the tournament and glanced arround for Jeremiah... hopefully he wouldn't be late after his pointed warning to her on the subject. Ah, there he is, she thought with relief, as she saw him step out of another taxi a ffew feet down.

"Good, your here", he said to her with a mischievous grin... my, my, but she didn't appear to be in a terribly good mood, he noted, that bnoded ill for her opponant if her past record was any indicator, but what in the world could be bothering her. In fact, the last time he had seen her in this state was when she had first reappeared after her dissapearance..

"I wouldn't miss it, if it could be avoided," she said with a slightly force grin. She really wasn't ready to discuss her day... not that He would believe the half of it when she DID tell him. she thought. "C'mon, we need to get in there, or we will be late and they will have to disqualify us.

With that the two of them silently hurried in through the front door of the hall and headed to where the contestants were supposed to gather. What Kirin had not noticed, was a pair of sharp blue eyes observing them as they entered the front door.

Edited by LeopardDragon

Adelbrecht drummed his fingers on his thigh. Hi sharp, pale-blue eyes did not miss the handsome Russian-looking man standing by Kirin. Her second? No wonder she hadn't been terribly interested in him... Adelbrecht grimaced. Surely she would've told him that this man liked her. He could see it in the man's eyes and he did not like it. Not one bit. Adelbrecht felt his teeth with his tounge, his eyes quickly calculating the situation. He decided he would be rash and do what he wanted, not what was rather smart to do. He stood up, towering over most of the people and quickly striding over to the Russian.

"And you are? I'm Adelbrecht. I work with Kirin. You could call me... her employer."

Gotta get off now, I'll post as Tioga and all them in the mornin'

((aw okay; goodnight happy.gif and i hope you feel better soon smile.gif))

Jeremiah looked questioningly at Kirin; he hadn't heard that she had taken on any other work. "Kirin..." he inquired, uncertain who this stranger was. He was obviously good looking, and if his expensive clothes were any indication, probably very rich as well, maybe this was why she had never shown any interest in him?

Kirin nodded " Sir, this is Jeremiah," she told him. She strove to be polite, but her mind was thinking This is so utterly and unbelievably not good. Her heart raced as she tried to drive images of the horrible endings this situation could have. Calm down she chided herself, he probably wouldn't do anything too drastic with all of these humans around. She dearly wished that she could totally make herself completely believe that. "Jeremiah, this is my new... boss", she paused there careful NOT to use the word Alpha," I have only recently started working for him," she added

Jeremiahwas normally freindly, but he could sense menace coming from this stranger, the same as he might from a strong chess player... odd... and something more... He held out his hand to shake" A pleasure to meet you, Mr. Adelbrecht," he said, odd that Kirin Never mentioned that she had an employer...He carefully scanned the new comer carefully... he looked normal enough but, he could still sense something odd about him... and he could see from the way that he looked at her that this stranger was obviously attracted to Kirin... his Kirin... he wasn't sure how he felt about that. He made up his mind to attempt to friendly however, no sense in starting needless quarrels; and he gave the stranger a friendly smile, although keeping his eyes on him all the while

"I hope you enjoy the tournament, sir," Kirin said, her eyes flashing bright with just a hint of anger," but I really should be getting going... this round of the tournament starts in a few minutes and we still need to get ourselves signed in. She spoke carefully, so as not to hint at how angry she truely was. She would feel better after her game, she always did; the thrill of "the hunt" always seemed to make her feel better, even from her worst moods. A genuine smile flitted across her face as she turned from Adelbrect to go to Sign in. Adelbrecht.. so that was the Alpha's name... she mused as she walked off; keping one eye carefully on the two males as she did so.

"Jeremiah glanced back at Kirin as she went to sign them in; why was she in such an odd mood today, he wondered...

Edited by LeopardDragon