Yubelchen

Monster Hunter

So I've gotten to the Gore Magala and am pretty much stuck xd.png Damn thing takes out half my health in one freakin shot...Now I get to farm for armor spheres.

I bought 4 a few weeks back. I'm at high rank now. Monoblos was the worst monster I've ever fought. The only thing worse than it was that goddamn pink rathian. Anyway, I'm planning to do the huntathon for the kechawacha, make my water insect glaive, and then farm the huntathon tetsucabra for his armor.

Dragon tamer, I could give some advice. What armor and weapon are you using against the goa magara? I would advise you to bring 10 potions and mega potions, 7 nulberries(since the guild'll provide you with 3, :3) and a supply of paintballs. Also bring large barrel bomb+es. When he's weakened, and about to sleep, don't let him fall asleep. Keep annoying him and dodge his attacks until he goes into frenzy mode (purple feelers). Then leave the area and wait for him to go to sleep. Once he's asleep, BOMB HIS FACE AND BREAK HIS FEELERS. MUAHAHAHAHAHAHA. The feelers will come in useful later on, so you'll want to destroy them so you can get some.

Hit G-Rank a couple weeks back and just kinda slowly working my way through the quests solo. I'm working on a set of Ash Kecha armour for the upped defence but I really don't want to let go of my Stygian set ;___;

If anyone wants help or just hang out together, please shoot me a message! I feel I'm ready for online with pretty much anyone :3

I bought 4 a few weeks back. I'm at high rank now. Monoblos was the worst monster I've ever fought. The only thing worse than it was that goddamn pink rathian. Anyway, I'm planning to do the huntathon for the kechawacha, make my water insect glaive, and then farm the huntathon tetsucabra for his armor.

Dragon tamer, I could give some advice. What armor and weapon are you using against the goa magara? I would advise you to bring 10 potions and mega potions, 7 nulberries(since the guild'll provide you with 3, :3) and a supply of paintballs. Also bring large barrel bomb+es. When he's weakened, and about to sleep, don't let him fall asleep. Keep annoying him and dodge his attacks until he goes into frenzy mode (purple feelers). Then leave the area and wait for him to go to sleep. Once he's asleep, BOMB HIS FACE AND BREAK HIS FEELERS. MUAHAHAHAHAHAHA. The feelers will come in useful later on, so you'll want to destroy them so you can get some.

I did manage to beat him, I just hadn't upgraded my Najarala (I forget how to spell it) armor enough so my defense wasn't as high as it could have been. I've been an exclusive Dual Blade user since the start, currently alternating between the Snow Sisters and the Jaggi Shotels. Since I need Magala parts to upgrade my swords I'll probably head back and fight him a couple more times. Might do that before tackling the rest of the lvl 5 missions.

My boyfriend bought me MH4U about three weeks ago and I've been really enjoying it! I just made it to the palico island and I have to say...I'm amazed I made it this far. My hand/eye coordination is TERRIBLE and my brain does funny things to me so I didn't think I'd be able to play this game at all.

We went to the caravan tour in San Mateo - got some cool t-shirts and a 'meat' plushie, lol. I wish there was more MH stuffs here in the states....

Reached HR 70 last night, G2 about a week ago, completed my Garuga X set as well which should carry me through to end-game. Dealing with randoms online is nnnnot good, but I wouldn't have made it as far as I have without them.

user posted image

best use of Rainbow pigment y/y

Edited by Lythiaren

Just got to gold crown and am HR 160 :3 I've honestly only been playing for 4 months (I started with mh3u and I absolutely loved it!) One of my favourite games.

user posted image

I'm scared. D:

Hm, what got my attention was the nice big Outbreak notice at the end of that quest. Maybe you'll get lucky and they'll do chip damage to each other while you hunt them. That reward isn't enough for that test, although it is hefty. Good luck!

Gogmazios is one HECKA scary beastie

41 minutes to kill him on my first run with a friend, hoping to improve on that over time.

Aaaand the apex monsters are tough as nails.

Hm, what got my attention was the nice big Outbreak notice at the end of that quest. Maybe you'll get lucky and they'll do chip damage to each other while you hunt them. That reward isn't enough for that test, although it is hefty. Good luck!

Took me way too many tries but I completed it, it's a pretty intense fight. You start off with Diablos and Steve hanging out together, both of which go apex partway through, then once the first one dies you're on a timer before the corpse despawns (so don't carve) and Jho shows up already apex.

After the second horrible failure I decided to fence them so I could focus down Diablos as fast as possible and hold Steve on one end of the arena once Jho showed up so I could stick with one boss at a time for most of the quest. Still carted twice.

BLESS YOU WYSTONES.

Lyth, congratulations! I probably would be carted off about six times before I finally got it.

Capcom announced Monster Hunter X. They've been scant on the details so far, but just from the video I've seen I'm pretty excited. I hope it's eventually localized for Western audiences.

I hope so too, it already looks so good. Gonna make scowly faces at Capcom until they announce they're bringing it Westward. *w*

I'm playing 4U and this is my first game. I must say this game is interesting.

I got MH4U when it went on sale on the 3ds last week, and I'm still trying to get used to the controls (it feels weird not using L and R to turn the camera and I always fumble because opening the menu doesn't pause the game. I'm still on the first few quests. :0

Maybe because the last game I was playing was Tales of the Abyss (on semi-auto, where you just mash buttons and it auto-targets) that my aim is so bad. I keep missing the monsters I'm trying to attack, lol

Anybody at a suitable rank to take down G3 Ukanlos? My sister needs to get it done and we can't do it together for some reason. Ukanlos has like a ton of HP in this game or something - I had this problem with him back in high rank.

I would be game. I'm away from home ATM but I have kill this beast before. Message me if you would like help.

I'm a precious HR5 hunter here. I started finally going through caravan quests again and managed to beat the double frenzied B. Gravios and frenzied Brachydios in the 9* quests. Effectively unlocking the first frenzied 'Jho fight. I'm salty just because of how beefy the two B. Gravs were and the Brachy broke me for the night. I'm terrified of how tomorrow's fight with the pickle will go.

Just running Regios armor and IG with evade distance gemmed in. RNG gave me a nice charm with +5 evade dist. a couple days back. biggrin.gif

Besides all this I've been trying to git gud. That and figuring out the best gathering gear.

EDIT: ON SECOND THOUGHT, I'M GONNA CRY MYSELF TO SLEEP AFTER FIGHTING THAT HORRIBLE PICKLE.

EDIT2: That fight wasn't as bad as I first thought. Hmm. But now i have to deal with Kushala Daora. ;u;

Edited by Tsukoyami

Aaaah I love Monster Hunter! My first one was Monster Hunter 3 Ultimate on the 3DS, but I have since upgraded to Monster Hunter 4 Ultimate, and it's super fun! I really didn't like the swimming mechanic in 3U, so I'm glad they removed it in 4U.

My main weapon is the Hunting Horn, but I also like using Dual Swords sometimes! I like the Hunting Horn because I usually play support roles in games and the HH lets me be support and have some heavy-hitting attacks as well! I haven't played any of the earlier games because I didn't own the systems (Nintendo consoles, yo) but maybe someday I'll get to play them~

Kushala Daora. ;u;

Poison is your friend.

I'm playing Mh4u atm, the new mounting function is fun to use. Solo savage is always fun as well.

I beat Ukanlos today. biggrin.gif got my G1 permit. now i'm scared.

also looking forward to mhx when capcom ever releases it in the us.

Edited by Tsukoyami