AruGard

AruGard's Stuff

Hello. If you don't know me already, I am AruGard and I am an RP lurker, but I also do Pokémon Splices and requestable stories. At the moment I am working on a little project on my blog page called "The Prize", but I felt that it would be better to post it here. No idea why, but who cares. Here is the first part of "The Prize", just for you. Oh, thanks.

PART 1 OF 10. PROLOGUE

On the twentieth of March I was told about the Prize, like everyone else in the world. But I didn't care about anyone else in the world, just myself. I was pretty selfish, I guess. I spent a lot of time in my flat when I wasn't working, and when I was in my flat I was normally watching TV or reading. I didn't have any family - I was brought up in an adoption home and let go when I was 16. They said that I had caused way too much trouble there and that they thought I was old enough to cope by myself. I agreed - I could cope by myself and I spent the next three years "coping" on the streets until I found myself a decent-paying job.

It was working in a SuperMarket behind the Customer Services desk, helping out with the programming of the robots that were now used to do every kind of work for us fat-ass lazy humans. SuperMarkets were now the biggest company in the world - bigger than Microsoft and ever bigger than WRO, the World Robot Organisation, who built all the robots and sent them off for us lazy-ass humans to use until they ran out of juice, and then we sent them back and they're never seen again. Nobody knows what happens to the robots apart from the WRO themselves, and they call it classified information.

Classified is such an over-used term these days. Anything that happens in the Manager's office is now classified information. Anything that happens at home behind the bedroom door is classified information - the UN (they were still running) didn't need people talking about sexuality when they could be talking about things FAR more useful, like how much juice your robot at home's got left and what you're going to eat for dinner. Nobody listens to them though. And the most classified information of them all is the information in your head. People are allowed to put stuff in, but, on warning of death, they're never allowed to take stuff out.

It doesn't stop people trying. People get kidnapped while walking home from work or something one day (cars were banned, environmental issues were terrible, talk about it later) and have BC's implanted. BC's are called Brain Chips, and they look at every nanometre of your brain cells to accurately predict what you're thinking. When scientists discovered it way back in 2014, the UN went absolutely crazy and destroyed all the copies they could. Of course, some are still available on the black market, for a ridiculous price, that is.

Brain Chips revolutionised the world. People were queueing for days to get their hands on the technology used in them. The scientists had modified the Brain Chips to only work on those minds of the robots (minds of the robots? Robots only had AI) to control them and, ever since then, we've used them to control robots. It sounds a bit daft, a bit surreal, but it was all possible thanks to a certain guy called my cousin's uncle's grandson. I was quite proud when I heard that he had invented the BC's, but he was assassinated a while later, and my cousin followed, and then the grandfather of the inventor. I had suddenly broke off from a family and I was alone. For the next few weeks I had felt extremely vulnerable and scared, knowing that I was the only genetic link to my cousin's uncle's grandson left alive, and that by the way they had died so quickly and suddenly, I became even more frightened.

I didn't go outside for a few weeks after that. I got my robot to do the shopping for me. He called me lazy but I knew he was joking. It sounds weird when I say this, but my robot was the best buddy I ever had. Pre-installed with the Brain Chip and AI, he was almost like a real person make of metal and circuits. He didn't have a name, but certainly did have my sense of humour. I wonder if he was programmed to change to make himself more likeable that way, but I doubted it. In all the times that I'd programmed robots after that, I'd never seen anything about the sense of humour changing. And he was a real good dancer too. Because he was a robot with super powerful hydraulic limbs, he could do loads of stuff even the strongest human in the world could do.

But he always seemed to keep secrets from me. He was programmed to constantly tell the truth, but he wasn't programmed to give out any secrets of the WRO. I had never asked him anything about them, and he had never talked about them. Most of the time we were just laughing at each other or having serious talks about what we were going to have for dinner that night.

--------

Terra (or Earth as they used to call it) was now more of a giant beehive than a garden with a beehive in it now. The world wasn't a pretty place as it used to be. There were still forests and jungles and fields, but they were in miniscule amount compared to the amount of buildings nowadays. And most of the trees were choking too. The robots, sadly, gave out more Carbon Dioxide than the average noughties' car. They harmed the envirnoment so badly that most wildlife had to be refuged to biosectors in the huge cities and towers that dominated the Earth's surface and below.

Again, it sounds a bit War of the Worlds-esque, but we lived uderground and underwater. It wasn't hard to do once we'd stabilised temperature cooling systems and pressure machines which allowed us to go down almost as far as we wanted. I currently lived above ground, because the thought of staying underwater where the glass could crack any time or where the pressurisation systems might fail... it made me feel quite sick.

But yeah... the world was dying, and it was all the WRO's fault (once I had joined in a protest against them. I had a billboard like most of the others and it said "WROng" on it, which I thought was quite clever but I had nicked off some other girl that was working near to me when we painted the signs. When I got home from that protest I saw my robot watching the TV and looking at me with an odd expression: "What's this?" he said, raising a painted-on eyebrow. I had shrugged and we both laughed). I admit that the world would be very different if we didn't have the WRO here, but I'm not sure I'd like it. I would lose my job and my buddy, and that would make me feel real crap.

So I never protested again.

I had spent a long time looking out the window after that and looking at the "Garden" out there. It wasn't a garden at all. Not like we used to have in the late noughties or the tennies. It was just a lot of (fake) grass with a (real, surprisingly) tree in one corner and a bush in the other, and a family of birds which fed on plastic worms made to have nutrients in, and also some kind of tonic that made the birds live longer so they reproduced and kept the bird numbers up. It actually made them live longer, but also made them less horny and so it didn't really work that well. And the garden wasn't windy or outside, because the CO2 would have killed them otherwise.

I had asked, once, to the Tower Council, why the scientists hadn't come up with a machine that turns CO2 into oxygen. They had slapped me and said that it was a ridiculous and far-fetched idea and that it would be impossible to do. I just said that "Plants could do it, so we should too" and they said "Well sonny, you name us one plant that the scientists could study and find out how it does that then?" and I had said, with a childish and cheeky smirk on my face, "The grass on level 34 upstairs, sirs." and they had got real mad and kicked me out at that point. I had just laughed and took the elevator back up to the 34th floor, where I lived.

The 34th floor was the largest one, by far. It wasn't the widest, but it had the most amount of apartments. They were all one-bedroom and real cheap, but nobody cared as long it was comfy enough. My flat was comfy, but maybe I thought that because I used to sleep on the cold-hard streets or in a tiny, cramped room with 20 other people.

I payed my rent by working at the SuperMarket, as I've mentioned before. It wasn't a great-paying job, but enough to pay rent and enough for food and enough for juice for my robot. I had to keep buying juice. Juice was the biggest-selling resource today, and I got it for discount prices because I worked extra hard at work. I was lucky, and was envied by quite a lot of my fellow workers.

One day I came back and I saw my robot lying on the floor. I was really scared he'd run out of juice, but I had checked that morning and he had a full gauge. I sat next to him and poured juice into him and he sat up and said to me, "What the hell are you doing?" and I said "What the hell man I thought you were out then!" and then we laughed together and I got drunk and he Overflowed. When a robot Overflows, it normally means that it has had too much juice and it starts pouring out everywhere, but it didn't do much for my robot, which was a good sign.

-------

PROLOGUE END

PART 2 OF 10. SUPERMARKET

Coming soon...

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

If you want to request your own story or Pokémon Splice then just ask me. Here's all of my own original Pokémon Splices - there are some really bad ones and some good ones in here.

user posted image

user posted image

user posted image

user posted image

user posted image

user posted image

user posted image

user posted image

user posted image

user posted image

user posted image

user posted image

user posted image

user posted image

user posted image

user posted image

user posted image

user posted image

user posted image

user posted image

user posted image

And that's all. Here's some of my Splice Requests:

For Darkangel787:

user posted image

And that's all. To request a splice, just fill out this simple form:

[B]Username:[/B]
[B]Which Pokémon:[/B]
[B]What do I want in it:[/B] (shinies/female/male)
[B]When I would like it:[/B]
[B]Other:[/B]

And for a story, it's a bit more complicated:

[B]Username:[/B] (compulsory)
[B]Setting:[/B] (compulsory)
[B]Basic Plot:[/B] (compulsory)
[B]Genre:[/B] (compulsory)
[B]Main Character:[/B] (compulsory)
[B]Main Character's Description/Appearance/Personality:[/B] (compulsory)
[B]Main Character 2:[/B] (optional)
[B]Main Character 2's Description/Appearance/Personality:[/B] (also optional)
[B]Main Character 3:[/B] (leave these optional ones out if you wish)
[B]Main Character 3's Description/Appearance/Personality:[/B] (optional)
[B]Minor Character:[/B] (optional)
[B]Minor Character's Description/Appearance/Personality:[/B] (optional)
[B]Minor Character 2:[/B] (optional)
[B]Minor Character 2's Description/Appearance/Personality:[/B] (optional)

For the stories, I will only accept one at a time. I will post the stories in 10 parts. The length of these parts will probably vary. I will post the beginning part on (hopefully) the same day that I get the request, for the requester to look over and check if he/she likes it. After that I will post up the different parts invariably, hopefully not taking too long but it may because of Homework/studying issues. If I don't post when you expect me to, please do not get angry with me - I will promise to try my hardest to fit in as much work as possible.

All my work that I post here is MY work and MY work only. I will not tolerate plagiarism (taking my work and saying it's yours) and if anyone notices someone doing this I must request that they PM me as soon as possible to notify me of this. I will not be merciful in any way when this happens, and I promise I will either get you kicked out of the forums or something just as suitable.

So anyway. I hope you're not too scared by that. And... anyway, have a good day, I guess.

Edited by AruGard

PART 2 - UNFINISHED BUT COMING ON PRETTY WELL

The Brain Chips allowed some humans to connect with Robot minds (or hard drives) and Program them. Programming is a job for only those people with “strong minds” and “extreme discipline”, as our boss says.

Yeah, right.

Programming is a relatively simple process. First you “Plug” into the robot you're sent to Program, then live life as them for a while, until they understand how to work and then have it in their brains until they run out of juice or break. If they don't do that, then it remained forever. My robot used to work being Programmed, and I was taught how to by him. That's how I landed my job, and without him I probably wouldn't be alive.

SuperMarket was, as I've already said, the biggest company in the world. It felt like quite a privilege, working for them, but being the biggest company in the world they would have millions of employees. It was said that over a fifth of the population goes in and out of the doors of a SuperMarket every single day. I personally believed this was a load of rubbish, but when I checked out the figures it was actually true.

On the subject of population, the UN had placed in a law for a long time that people should only have one child, a bit like China had done way back in the noughties. I was born just before the law was put in place and I had had an older brother, who died young after being hit my a drunk driver. Anyway, population was effectively controlled and sustained until the leaders of the UN thought it was OK to stop. But nobody I knew actually had any more children than one.

Thus the population was down from nearly 10 and a half billion in 2020 to 4 billion in 2057. It had been a slow decrease, on all accounts, but it had worked and it had worked so efficiently that the UN had had a worldwide celebration about it. Even the poorest countries had paid loads to celebrate with every person in the world. I had been 7 years old when it had happened, and I really had no clue what everyone was going on about, but I didn't care. Everyone liked parties, especially me, who started food fights and just made hell out of the whole party. I enjoyed it so much I slept through the whole next day and woke up at 6 PM.

Yes... I was quite a troublemaker back then. Being an orphan, I had no parents or even many relatives at all to scold me when I did something naughty and stupid, and I found I quite enjoyed the conversations I had with the Boss, or the “Head of the Orphanage” for those who were too posh to just say “Boss”. One I could relate to easily – it had become an internet phenomenon after the CCTV footage (which I had stolen) was posted on it. The most of it was me sitting through some boring lecture the she gave me, but about a couple of minutes in I had turned the tables.

“...You do realize this could mean you're thrown out of the Orphanage because of this, young man!” she had said in a voice trying to sound powerful, but was quivering and breaking with old age. The Boss was about 70 when I had fought this argument, and she was losing her voice from having to yell at me for the last ten minutes.

“Yeah, so?” I had replied, cocky and grinning crazily. “This place stinks of crap anyway.”

The Boss had turned redder than normal, which was unusual – I had never thought she could get any redder than normal. “As a matter of fact, young man, we at the New York State Orphanage pride ourselves on our cleanliness!”

“Does cleanliness include smelliness?” I had said, making a strange face. “And why the hell do you keep calling me 'young man'? You don't like it when I call you 'Old woman'.”

The Boss had stood up and had slammed her fists onto the desk. “Get out of this room RIGHT now, young man!” she had screamed literally into my face, but I had just watched with a plain expression. I was used to this kind of screaming. I had shrugged.

“It helps if you unlock the door, old woman.” I had said, placing my hands behind my head and slouching back in the chair. The Boss had almost grabbed me by the throat when she leant over and gripped my collar, and I was slightly glad she didn't – I knew she would have choked me to death if she had the chance. She had kind of hissed into my face, not saying anything, then unlocked the door with her free hand. She let me go and pointed at the door.

“I can't!” I wailed stupidly, and writhed, pretending I was trapped. “I'm stuck!” Then I had turned to face the CCTV camera, and mouthed the words “Help me!” in an overdramatic way, and had screamed girlishly when the Boss had whipped me around by my shoulders. She had literally picked me up and had turned me to face the door. I waved at the door, then wriggled free of the Boss's grasp and started dancing and jumping around the room. The Boss screamed and chased after me. I continued to jump around the quite large room, knocking things over and popping the balloons she used to give to the good kids, screaming, “POP goes the weasel!” every time I did. Then I had jumped onto the Boss's desk and had jumped up and down on it until it had snapped in half, and I had fell over and bumped myself. I frowned, and the Boss picked me up. Her face was so red she could have probably boiled water on it.

And that's it. I'll be back soon with posts of all mai splices.

Heh, thanks. And I also have two new splices to load up. One is a present for Polos1993, because I got bored yesterday and she's a really good friend, and one is just for fun to test out how "compatible" the new 5th gen Pokémon are.

Manny's Present (Shiny Jolteon, Normal Jolteon, Emonga):

user posted image

[IMG=http://i52.tinypic.com/acx0km.png]

The Test (Ononokosu, Zoroark):

user posted image

[IMG=http://i55.tinypic.com/28c0taw.png]

You're welcome. Now, does anyone else want a request done?

Huh? I upload mine on Tinypic/

.png on all of them.

Man, I am bored and am looking for a requesties to does.

But now we have banners! very fantastically done by Darkangel787, you can put them in your siggy to make them look good! Or not.

user posted image

[URL=http://forums.dragcave.net/index.php?showtopic=105439&hl=AruGard][IMG=http://img139.imageshack.us/img139/3724/873855871ed3943m3.jpg][/URL]

Edited by AruGard

Hey Aru! Remember me? :3

I just wanna say, I love your splices, and the Kyogre/Rayquaza/Groudon amuses me to no end. Keep up the good work~!

Looks like you're doing good on your artstuffs! biggrin.gifAndmybannerlooksshiniezliekyourpokemon

Anyways, I want a splice! :DDD

Username:darkangel787

Which Pokémon: Dragonite and Togekiss? Its a hard combo, but I think you can do it smile.gif

What do I want in it: female

When I would like it: As soon as you can, as long as you dont have any more urgent stuff to do.

Other:

Hello princesslydia *huggles* I know, that one is, um, quite disturbing.

And for darkangel. Again, thanks so much for that banner - I think it's gonna help quite a lot. So, to your request. It's useful when you have a day off of school to do it on too, because I get really bored on those days, surprisingly.

And never worry about how tough a splice sounds.

I can always make a splice. Because I'm just that odd..

Et voila! Here it is!

user posted image

[URL=http://forums.dragcave.net/index.php?showtopic=105439&hl=AruGard][IMG=http://i53.tinypic.com/260ejd0.png][/URL]

Sorry about it being so cruddy, there was a problem with the sprite that made it have a black background, so I made it white, but I had to outline it. Which kinda screwed it up, lots. Sorry about that, but other than that it was a really fun splice to make.

Edited by AruGard

You're welcome, darkangel. Now, sky, I'm sorry bit when I was about to submit it it was lost to the virus that's running on my CPU right now. But I should be able to finish it either tonight or tomorrow, but tonight is the most likely bet.

Wahey, I have the starts of the first part of a HP fanfic here.

Slowly, I opened my eyes for the three-hundred-and-something-th time time since the train had left the station. I don't know why I was counting my blinks. I guess it gave me something to do. That meant I must have been really damn bored. I glanced to my right, and three or four terrified heads ducked down out of sight hurriedly. To my left was the beautiful landscape that just kept going on and on, all the way to the horizon. Pocked with tiny craters.

A lot of people had started using Floo powder to get to school now, and apparently the manufacturers were having their best year ever. Not that I cared, of course. I never bothered with the stuff - every time I used it, it went up my nose and made me cough, which screwed up where I would come out. Of course, the people using the powder now would get to miss the train ride, and all of it's horrible staring faces that ran away if you looked at them. They weren't ghosts. They were first-years. Who else? I thought to myself angrily.

I slightly pitied the people that used the powder, though. Because even though they get to avoid a lot of hassle and annoying first-years, they miss out on the stuff you get to see whilst you travel up to Hogwarts. Once, I had seen a murder of crows flying about over the carcass of a dragon, recently dead and starting to rot. The carcass had made me wretch and drool at the same time, because apparently dragon's meat is a taste that's out of this world.

I swear there was more faces that hid away at that second when I turned back to look out of the door as the lady with that trolley came along with the sweets opened the door. She walked in slowly, a worried smile on her face, and kicked the door shut. "You okay, love?" she said, her voice soothing the hatred that I felt towards the first-years. "I know they're annoying, but they'll calm down eventually."

I grimaced back at her, feigning my happiness. "So, you want anything ta eat?" the lady asked as I glanced quickly over the trolley she had brought in. I shook my head. "No thanks. What time is dinner?"

"Five-thirty," she replied softly, then smiled at me. "It's been put back this year, just for you on your... special day."

My face showed no emotion. "Alright. Thanks," I wheezed, then coughed and cleared my throat. The lady nodded at me politely, then pulled open the door behind her and pulled the trolley out, taking care not to squash any of the crouching first-years which had noticed I had seen them and were frantically trying to get away.

Another half-hour passed without anythinng interesting happened. I had a text from my girlfriend, who had been relocated to another carriage for her safety, so I replied, telling her I love her and all the mushy stuff that she had told me. I didn't understand much of it, but she liked it.

There was more faces than ever now. I picked out a coupe of people from the second year, and even a third-year too. I knew who he was, and we were good with each other. He just loved watching the little first-years scream. I always reckoned he was a sick guy, but I have to admit - it is funny when the first-years scream.

I reached into my pocket and pulled out a tiny ball that I had got from that shop down Diagon Alley that sold all this trick stuff. I flicked it into the air, watching it closely, and caught it with the other hand, placing it in the perfect position to flick at the first-years if any of the decided to come in. I layed down on the seat, spreading out and stretching my arms. One or two people jumped. I could hear the other third-year roaring with laughter.

I heard a click from the door handle being turned. I flicked my wrist and there was a tiny "pop" as the ball exploded, filling the room with thick smoke. Three or four first-years, as well as the second-year, screamed and the other third-year started to laugh again.

The fog cleared about a minute later, and I was nowhere to be seen.

I heard "Ah"s and "Woah"s, but nobody could see anything in the room except the seats, of course, and my bag.

It layed there, with it's zip invitingly undone and showing something in there gleaming in the fresh sunlight that streamed in through the window beside it. Many anxious faces turned to the slightly chubby boy that was pushing his way through the small crowd and was starting to wrestle with the door handle. When the door opened and he stumbled in, he stared at the bag. As soon as he took one step forward, there was a loud gasp from the audience and the boy spun around, expecting to see something terrible.

Each of the small faces that looked back at him were filled with anticipation. The boy rolled his eyes, spat, then turned to face the bag again. He bit his lip as he took another step forward. He was now within reach of the large, blue bag that lay on the floor. He reached out gingerly and touched it.

The door slammed shut.

Username: lycrawaterz14

Which Pokémon: evee and ninetails

What do I want in it: shinies

When I would like it: whenever you get it done.

Other: meh.

Username:polos1993

Which Pokémon: Jolteon and Beyleaf

What do I want in it: Jolteon part non shiny, Bayleaf shiny please.

When I would like it: When ever you are done.

Other: Hi Aru!

I'm tempted to try for a story. Would you mind if I gave you 2 different things to choose from? smile.gif

Oh my gosh! I can't believe that someone I don't know has noticed this thread ohmy.gif

I'll get right to everyone's requests! Thanks muchly for requesting, and shoot me with everything you want, Ms. Keiistrife!

Awesome thankyou :3

Username: KeiiStrife

Setting: A strange land named Asos. Much like a giant rain forest full of colourful trees and flowers, grass/branch huts, etc.

Basic Plot: A story about a young lady who just doesn't fit in and struggles even trying, who gets transported in her sleep to a world of strange beasts that is ruled by an evil dragon who wears a skull over her face, named 'The Host'. She finds a tendril-ed tiger-beast and a tall lynx who stands like a human, who tell her that if she doesn't save their land from the clutch of The Host, her world will be destroyed too. The three set off to save both of their worlds. Also, she is an anthropomorphic vulture in that world.

Genre: Errr, fantasy adventure, I guess.

Main Character: Tuss

Main Character's Description/Appearance/Personality:

As a human;

Description; Tuss is a young lady who is an outcast in her world, usually spending all her time by herself drawing or sculpting.

Appearance; Unkempt long brown hair, glasses, short (5'2"), gray eyes, scruffy demeanor.

Personality; Weak, gullible, an outcast with an artistic mind.

As a vulture;

Description; Still a bit of an outcast, Tuss is a short anthro griffon vulture who comes out of her shell a little, being in a body she is comfortable with.

Appearance; http://i114.photobucket.com/albums/n275/keiipax/refwip.png

Personality; Hard-headed, sarcastic, still gullible, good with hand to hand combat.

Main Character 2: Fara

Main Character 2's Description/Appearance/Personality:

Description; Fara is a genderless coeurl (Yeah, from FFX. x); ) who serves as Tuss's helper in their world.

Appearance; http://i114.photobucket.com/albums/n275/ke...4253224fara.jpg

Personality; It is reserved, unsure about it's companions, and doesn't speak a lot. He doesn't like Dipper one bit, and will let it be known. It has a thing for Tuss. It acts as a healer/magic user in the three.

Main Character 3: Dipper (Dip)

Main Character 3's Description/Appearance/Personality:

Description; Dip is a bit of a clown, talks too much and to fast.

Appearance; http://i114.photobucket.com/albums/n275/ke...56300dipper.jpg

Personality; He is outgoing, a bit silly, makes a fool of himself a lot. He doesn't dislike anything really, and will give anything a go. Despite that, he is stealthy in combat.

Minor Character: The Host

Minor Character's Description/Appearance/Personality:

Description; The main bad 'guy', The host is the ruler of Asos, unwanted by the creatures that live there.

Appearance; The Host can shapeshift into anything, but is usually seen as a Japanese dragon (Like So) who wears a skull over her face, a dark purple mane and has long, winging purple whiskers.

Personality; Evil, sadistic, spiteful.

Hm, It sounds a bit odd, and I've seemed to lose my other idea. So I'll leave this here until I remember it, I'm sure it was simpler than this x3; If you'd rather not write about beast animal things then I have human counterparts for them if you wish.

Edited by Keiistrife