TheKnownGod

Christian bands

Yes, I wasn't denying their faith, just that they are "Christian rock."

And they even say themselves in there that they aren't.

I realize that, like Relient K, some of their songs such as "You Found Me" do indeed have religious implications, but just that doesn't turn them into a Christian rock band.

Okay; sorry. I do like the song "How to Save a Life" though, and to me, it seems Christian. And they play it on K-Love.

KUTLESSSSSS

Sorry. xd.png I love Casting Crowns; I went to the recent concert called "Until the Whole World Hears." It was awesome biggrin.gif

I love TobyMac and Tenth Avenue North [which was the first Christian band I ever listened to.]

Does anybody here listen to K-Love? It's a Christian radio station that features many of these bands.

Casting Crowns is awesome. I love singing to their songs. I went to a concert and got an autograph from all of the band members. I said "My favorite song is Does Anybody Hear Her" and the lead singer said "Do you want to sing it?" and, me being a coward, I said "Nah, I'm too shy." There went my small chance of getting famous >.> I can't wait until they have another concert here.

I listen to K-LOVE too. I dn't like all the songs, some are too cheesey.

yea, like some of the frays songs are good in the message wise but like some aren't but they seem to be christian even if they have one song that isnt christian related.

It's alright when I'm really depressed, but being an atheist, I prefer to not listen to it.

Huh - I tend to get depressed when listening to religious music.

Well, it's your opinion. What about Chris Tomlin? His music is really hymn like. So is Micheal W. Smith's. I like listening to WOW hits. Anybody else?

*tackles wonder* OMG you are like my new best friend. X3

Chris Tomlin is good. We use his songs to worship at church, especially "Our God."

Skillet. It's the only one I know. They have awesome songs! biggrin.gif

Same. I love Skillet, didn't even know they were Christian until I looked them up on Amazon or something. Not that it matters, I just like the music. Sometimes a little too preachy, but for the most part I like it.

Edited by Wind-Swept-Canid

I like Casting Crowns, "Voice of Truth" biggrin.gif Also Sandi Patti's "Via Dolorosa"

I love Skillet, didn't even know they were Christian until I looked them up on Amazon or something. Not that it matters, I just like the music. Sometimes a little too preachy, but for the most part I like it.

High five, Wind! biggrin.gif

Skillet's pretty win. I don't listen to any other "Christian" music, other then Christian Death Metal. My parents don't allow me to listen to anything other then Christian music, so I really hate most of it. I'm glad there's some Christian metal bands, because I love me some metal.

Demon Hunter is my second favorite, Skillet being the first. Everything else I really don't like.

Tiffany Desrosier is the only Christian artist I listen to at all, and that's because she's my cousin. She sings a pop-ish semi-opratic style. I don't think she's half bad, but then I spend most of my time listening to weird semi-rock alternative music I have no clue what kids these days listen to . :|

I have been to a Steven Curtis Chapman concert before, it was really cool. biggrin.gif been to a Casting Crowns one too once.

thats a good song. biggrin.gif I also like the song, "We are the body" because it is encouraging.

Ah, yes. Now you got it stuck in my head though. tongue.gif

Can Anybody Hear Her, I think that's the name, is another one of my favorites.

I'm an atheist but I remember there's a Christian rock/metal/whatever band called Narnia. Haven't listened to anything from them in years.

Flyleaf and The Fray are Christian bands?...huh. Guess you learn something new every day.

I used to listen to BarlowGirl for a while *shrug*

Personally I don't really care for music with lyrics at all, let alone an obvious message of any kind. That goes for non-Christian music as much as Christian. There's a few bands I'll listen to but I'd rather have Bach or Chopin tongue.gif

I think Thousand Foot Krutch has some subtle pro-Christian themes in some of their songs? Maybe? Or am I just hearing things?

Really? o3o

Is it true that Switchfoot stopped being a Christian band?

They didn't stop, they never were, exactly. Like Flyleaf, some of their songs had Christian messages, but they aren't only Christian, they're mainly Pop. I got their album Nothing is Sound, don't see anything Christian about it.