TheKnownGod

Christian bands

I think one of the song writers was Christian, but they quit. Two of my CD's say different names of who composed it.

I like a couple of Skillet and Demon Hunter songs, but that's about it. I'm not really a huge fan of christian.

/High five

I thought I was the only person ever to hear of Demon Hunter. e__e'

I like flatfoot56 (they have a bagpipe in the band you can't beat that), switchfoot, skillet, Red, lifehouse (when I don't feel like loud music), sometimes demon hunter, family force five, flyleaf, jars of clay.... well basically anything on radioU or TVU

Skillet's gotta be one of my favorite bands of all time.

No love for Big Daddy Weave? I saw them live once and it was amazing. They're one of my favorites. And yes, they're white guys with contemporary Christian soft-rock music. I wish I could find some of the other links, but not all their music is on youtube.

Love Switchfoot, even if all their music isn't Christian.

David Crowder Band. smile.gif

our town last week for Citywide. Our church youth group stood outside for at least half an hour in the rain, but we didn't get to go after all. Like, thousands of people showed up, and they were full and had to turn down at least half. I don't even like rap, but I like Lecrae. xd.png

And those are just the big ones. I listen to pretty much everyone that's been mentioned in this thread. biggrin.gif

Edited by Imaginist

Christian music is the only music I listen to. My favorite christian band though is Casting Crowns.

Mychildren Mybride is christian screamo/metalcore. Awesome band.

For Today is amazing Christian metalcore. the lyrics are straight up biblical. For instance...

Isaiah the Willing: "Here I am God, send me to the world. Here I am God, send me to the world. There is a burden on my heart to let the world know that you are God..." etc.

Devastator: "Let my name be feared at the gates of Hell, as I exalt the savior, the one that died to buy my victory, and give me a new name."

GREAT bands.

August Burns Red, also Christian. Sleeping Giant, also Christian.

I like Demon Hunter too.

I went to Winterjam last year, saw Red and Kutless. Good bands as well, less of the heavy more of the lighter rock.

Edited by philpot123

I like these bands too, I'm more into Folk/Country christian music like Susan Ashton and Randy Travis, You should add Fireflight, Red, The Benjamin Gate, Switchfoot and Starfield to your playlist they're amazing

I'm agnostic, and there are a number of christian rock bands I listen to (<3 Thousand Foot Krutch, Skillet, Relient K Flyleaf, and some others). I don't think one needs to be religious to appreciate such music. Good music is good music.

Koine is my favorite band. I also like Adams Road and Casting Crowns a lot. Also find the music by Plumb rather intriguing.

When it comes to individual Christian musicians I love Susan Ann, Chris Driesbach, Stephen Bautista, Lecrae, Chris Tomlin, Michael W. Smith and Fernando Ortega. Also like Sovereign Grace music quite a lot.

As I Lay Dying (before Lambesis had issues with steroids.. :/ but hey people are only human..)

For Today

Oh Sleeper

In The Midst Of Lions

Impending Doom

Becoming The Archetype

I believe these are all Christian metal bands, unless I am mistaken. But not all metal bands with Christian members identify themselves as "Christian bands"

My favorite Christian Band HAS to be More than Sparrows, I just hate how spotify combines their music with a different screamo band so you can't shuffle play or search it properly.

Oh. And skillet.

Skillets amazin.

Edited by Palesapphire

I feel like you might also enjoy Lauren Diagle! smile.gif I'm excited to see that there are other Christians on this site

I listen to a rather large mix of secular/Christian artists including:

12 Stones

blessthefall

Blindside

Brand New

Breaking Benjamin on occasion

Chasing Victory

The Classic Crime

Demon Hunter

Emery

Haste the Day

Kids in the Way

Linkin Park

Mae

Paramore

Thrice

I could list more, but I think that will suffice for now. I tend to stay away from bands that have explicit lyrics.

Nine Lashes is a Christian rock band and they're so good and so underappreciated. Their music is amazing, not even kidding. I'd start out with the song Anthem of the Lonely.

I love Christian Music. It's the one thing that plays in my car because I feel more comfortable listening to it then any other type of music happy.gif

All I want to know is how this entire thread happened without anyone, in the course of seven years, mentioning Jars of Clay.

Mostly Hillsong, Hillsong young & free, Lecrae, All Sons & Daughters... I'm pretty basic with the Christian music LOL but they all have beautiful songs. Lecrae and other Christian hip hop is great too for my tastes.