Takaya-Cordelain

Seven Dragons RP OoC thread

Hi, this is the OoC thread for my Seven Dragons RP. Here you'll post the character sheets if you'd like to join, and you can talk about the RP and whatnot. I'll put your names down here and your sheets.

1: Takaya-Cordelain

2: Lore Master

3: LadyNatasha

4: evangeline5432

5: Silver Voices

6:

7:

Just fill this out:

[b]Name:[/b]
[b]Gender:[/b]
[b]Age:[/b]
[b]Race:[/b]
[b]Hair color/Style:[/b] 
[b]Eye color:[/b]
[b]Skin Color:[/b]
[b]Clothes:[/b]
[b]Personality:[/b]
[b]Weapons:[/b]
[b]Class:[/b]
[b]Instrument:[/b]
[b]Background:[/b]
[b]Other: [/b] 

Mine:

Name: Takaya Cordelain

Race: Half elf half human

Hair color/Style: Blonde with light brown streaks, in a ponytail to just below the shoulder blades

Eye color: Hazel

Skin Color: Light tan

Clothes: Dark brown pants, light brown short sleeved shirt & knee length brown boots

Personality: Nice, not easily fooled, smart, quick thinking & brave

Weapons: Bow & arrow

Class: Ranger

Instrument: None

Background: Unknown

Other:

Lore Master's:

Name: Cyrus Lon

Race: Human

Hair color/Style: Brown Hair that reaches to the back of his neck, with the ends braided up slightly.

Eye color: Green

Skin Color: Medium Tan

Clothes: When Cyrus doesn't have on some leather armor, he tends to wear a long white shirt and green pants.

Personality: Cyrus is brutally honest and blunt, and tends to get impatient with cryptic words and vague meanings. He holds no loyalty to any one nation, organization or person, but he does not backstab those who acquire his services. He is abrasive, cold and generally unwilling to talk about himself to anyone. But there is a few things behind his manners that may surprise people...

Weapons: Charkrams

Class: Mage

Instrument: None

Background: Cyrus was taken at a young age, due to his sensitivity to the magical forces. For much of his childhood, it was spend reading books and learning how to harness the forces of Primal magic. At the age of thirteen, he was banished by the council of mages for killing his leader's daughter. Cyrus didn't attempt to fight their decision. After all, who would believe his word over his leader's? By the time he left Ovsalia, word had spread of what happened. For the next five years, he applied his magical skills as a mercenary in Akadia, fighting for both sides of the war. A recent battle had killed his employer, so his source of money had dried up. So, on a whim he decided to return to Ovsalia.

Other: Cyrus's school of magic is Primal, his magic uses the elements of Earth, Wind, Lighting and Nature.

LadyNatasha's

Name: Kallak Nat’hau

Race: Vhythem

Hair color/Style: Short dark red hair that really needs little care. Very straight, rather spiked up.

Eye color: Violet

Skin Color: Light grey, slightly tinted cream

Clothes: Light armor—brown strong leather with thick snakeskin covering the chest. Allows for much movement but provides fair protection.

Personality: Impatient, hot-headed, and judgmental, Kallak isn’t a person who easily makes friends. However, his deadly-honest nature (having vowed never to lie to an ally) and motivated personality make up for his temper and loud mouth. He is hard-working and despises laziness; he can be quite judgmental of leaders of any sort, and he'll state his opinions about them if asked. He is very much a physical person and takes good care of his body; he encourages those who have special physical abilities to use them and looks with disdain on the gifted who are lazy. He is very well-educated but doesn’t seem to appreciate his education and seldom says anything intelligent unless no one else has an intelligent idea to contribute. He also tends to come off as ungrateful, even towards those who have saved his life.

Weapons: A long spear made of strong metals found and harvested from sand-mines. Moderate weight. The end of the spear is made of ‘Obsidian’ tipped with diamond. The spear is named Shouha. Besides this he also has two lightweight katanas he uses as a quicker weapon.

Class: Swordsman (specializes in spears)

Instrument: 3 Penny-whistles (tin-whistles), made of wood

Background: Although Kallak doesn’t like talking about his history with his people, it is well-known that he came from a high-ranking family of Vhythem. Less known is that he had four older brothers, all calmer and apparently 'wiser' than him. He had a high education and the best masters teaching him everything they could, and within his species he was considered a very handsome child. However, Kallak discovered when he was thirteen that his father was secretly spending time with a woman besides Kallak’s mother. In Vhythem culture this was a great shame and extremely illegal. He told his brothers, and they told him to keep silent about it; in time it would pass, they said. Too young to understand how honor effects an entire family and too good-hearted to keep such a secret, he told the elders of his tribe of Vhythem. Long story made short, his father was executed brutally (as was the woman he spent time with) and Kallak’s oldest brother was thrown in jail and lost his right arm for 'supporting' his father. Kallak’s other brothers plotted to kill Kallak, so Kallak’s mother (now to be cared for by the elders, but permanently disgraced and not allowed to marry) sent Kallak away to live with the few Vhythem that lived outside the desert near Colleen. Kallak’s navigational skills didn’t match the directions his mother gave him and he ended up walking right into the city. He was adopted by a noble family who found him to be a curiosity, but some of his human ‘siblings’ were jealous and treated him poorly. He was then educated in the way of humans, but he never forgot his original family or culture. His human father and mother are both plump and old, having done little work in their lives. Now that Kallak is old enough to be on his own, he is searching for any opportunity to leave his home—and with the Queen’s illness, he has found that opportunity.

Other: Kallak’s original name is unknown to the public. He took on Kallak when he entered the city, and has never used his old name since. Also, he owns a skiddish young bay mare.

evangeline5432's

Name: Ariana Arigonia

Race: Elven

Hair color/Style: Black raven hair that falls down to her lower back. She has it tied back most of the time.

Eye color: Light blue

Skin Color: Light tan

Clothes: Light armor. ~ Though her clothing is a bit more plain. Her belt is simple leather and she has a long dark greenish cloak.

Personality: Patience, bravery, intelligence and observation are qualities that she has learned to embrace in her life as a ranger. However, sometimes her temper will get the best of her. She is hardworking and known for her persistent as well as her endurance; whether that's a good thing remains to be seen. She will lie if need be and is fairly skilled at it. Ariana is naturally a quiet person, choosing only to speak when necessary. She can be loyal to those she trusts but her trust is not easily gained.

Weapons: Twin daggers that have been rumored to be enchanted. A sword at her hip. A longbow and quill strapped to her back.

Class: Ranger

Instrument: A simple metal flute she carries on her belt under the cloak.

Background: Not much is known about her. She was found abandoned by a ranger when she was young. Against the ranger’s first intention, he ended up adopting her and raising her as his own. He taught her the skills needed to be a ranger as soon as she was old enough. Ariana has been a ranger ever since.

Other: Her real age and identity is unknown. It's guessed that she is about 18 in human years.

Silver Voices's

Name: Jonathan Silver, Phantom.

Race: Human

Hair color/Style: White-blond hair that goes a bit past his shoulders.

Eye color: He has bright blue eyes.

Skin Color: Rather pale.

http://img-cache.cdn.gaiaonline.com/a0e55e...a/Anime_guy.jpg

Clothes: Light, loose clothing when he is going as Jonathan. White shirt and grey pants, darker brown boots that lace up the front. But as Phantom he dons darker clothing. Tighter pants and a longer shirt with a black belt. A pitch black cape with a large hood to cover his light hair.

Personality: Phantom; is solemn and quiet, as unnoticable as 'a black moth on a moonless night.' (to quote Redwall there.) He's a rouge assassin, killing people who, either in the past or in the future, have/would have done dreadful things. Jonathan, in comparison, is a rather cheerful person, though some say slightly odd. But either way, Jonathan is someone you'd want to hang out with, if only just because of his good luck.

Weapons: A white bow and arrow (made of ivory), along with some throwing knives and a hunting knife.

Class: Archer

Instrument: Wooden Flute - Learned while in solitude.

Background: Jonathan was a quiet boy as he grew up, never playing with the other children. His parents thought there was something wrong with him. He stayed ditached from sociaty until he was thirteen years old. But ever since Jonathan was very young, he saw things. Three people, weaving in and out of the crowds. They both walked and flied. They looked different; wispy, not quite there, but very beautiful. The man and women alike. No one else seemed to be able to see them. The day before his thirteenth birthday, he was confronted by one of these spirits and she told him their purpose. They were spirits who could show the past, present, and future to the one they chose. They had roamed the world from the beginning, going from person to person. Then, with a chilling yet mesmerizing smile one of the female spirits revealed the catch. With each piece of knowledge they gave the human of their choice, there had to be a price. An amount of their remaining time alive. The more important the information, the more years required to access it. Jonathan, only being a thirteen year old boy, was terrified at the thought, and ran and hid. The next day the spirits where no where to be seen, but there was a note that he could not pick up or feel. It said, "We'll be watching. Call when you need us." He slowly forgot about them.

Two years later, he had intergrated nicely with the comminity, and he was watching a competative game with his friends. They were betting on the outcome, and he had a feeling in the back of his head. He could ask the spirits... Looking around, he saw one of the spirits from before. Instead of being frightened, he smiled, pleased. Young and naive, he didn't care about years and years into his future, and made his first deal. If you were to ask him about it, he'd say he remembers feeling like both fire and freezing water consumed him at the same time. There was intense pain for a moment or two, then it faded away, leaving a dull throb. But it's not nearly as bad now. In fact, he can hardly feel anything at all. On the event of his first deal, he won the bet, and realized he would be able to predict anything, from the weather the next day to an attack on the city. He spent about thirty years of his life asking questions and getting answers.

He went on to find out more about himself and stumbled upon the part where he is summoned by Cordella. The spirits have chosen not to tell him why, so he's been waiting for the day ever since. He also looked ahead and saw the pain and suffereing of his friends by the hands of a criminal. He became angry and attacked the offender before he was able to cause the hurt. Jonathan here realizes that he can help protect so many people from future heart breaks and sorrows. He carefully spends year by year of his life punishing past criminals, criminals in the act, and criminals who had not yet commited their crime. He did not come up with the name 'Phantom' for himself, rather the public did. He executes most of his victums in public, and the only thing any one ever sees is a white arrow, stained red in the criminal's chest. Always spot on, always pure white. They never saw who fired the arrow, so they call the mysterious killer 'Phantom'.

He considers himself some kind of hero, though some people question his methods and say he is no better than the murderers themselves. Also, some are appauled by his victum choices, because they were innocent in the present time. He says it's because they don't know what the people will do in the future. He has no idea how many years he has left, so he tries to be careful as to how he uses them.

Other: He had a little sister who died of some kind of sickness. He was very close to her, and keeps her rag doll in his bag at all times. Yes, you can ask him about your future, but you would need to have a good reason.

Information about the Spirits: They are bored. That's the only reason why they play their sick games with the humans. They laugh as they see the future of that person fade away. They never met a certain someone, they never had grandchildren, they never had children, they never got married, and they die at a young age. Because of their uncontrollable curiousity of the unknown. They watch the path of the future swing on this person's pivitol point, and people who could have met never do. They enjoy the chaos of the mix up. They pick humans because of their shorter life span, and they can't seem to control their emotions. They wait until their victum of choice dies, then moves onto the next person. They appear to their human and tempt them to use their time at every oppertune moment.

Whisper - The youngish looking spirit, has a innocent feeling about her. She has long white hair, sky blue eyes, and a faint halo around her. She acts rather childish as well, seeming like a lonely child. She and Jonathan have conversations when they are both bored.

Flame - Tall, sensible, quiet, and strong type. He's the one who leans against the wall nearby when he knows the human will get an itch to know something soon. Longish dark brown hair with a misty look around him. His eyes are rarely seen, but if they are, they look either a very light brown or golden.

Indigo - Dark, almost black hair in gentle curls, deep blue eyes, red lips, long legs; she's the one who could convince you of anything. She'll sweet talk the human into making their first and last deals. She pops in from time to time when the human cannot decide or they're on the brink of asking for information but don't.

Edited by Takaya-Cordelain

Lovely. :3 I'm still debating one thing about my character, so it'll be a day or so until I have mine up.~

Nice to see some familiar roleplayers, and some new ones. biggrin.gif

Takaya, might I suggest you link this thread to the main thread? As time goes on, that'll make them easier to keep track of.

Takaya, these rangers are much like bountry hunters, yes?

Could you give me a bit of background on the rangers so that I can accurately design my char?

The rangers I think of are from Ranger's Apprentice and I imagine they differ from rangers of this rp. xP

Well, sort of like bounty hunters, I mean if they want to work as a bounty hunter then by all means, but that's not what all rangers do. Have you ever read Lord of the Rings? If so, picture someone like Strider. If not, a ranger is a person skilled in tracking people and animals (much like a bounty hunter), and is skilled in at least a dagger/knife and bow or sword. They can be stealthy, and wear clothing that blend in with their surroundings. Anyone can be a ranger; it just takes a lot of work. I don't know what else to give you other than that, if you need more let me know and hopefully I can give it. smile.gif

I have a question.

The war between Akadia and Ovsalia, were there any big battles or any notable events that happened? I wanted to know before hand, so I don't make some stuff up.

Should we just start the roleplay for a bit, try to get people interested in filling the last two slots?

I think that's a good idea. What do you think, Takaya?

And Silver... we wanna see your character sheet! biggrin.gif

Yeah I guess so. I don't want to keep you all waiting. happy.gif So, would I make a seperate thred for the RPing or what?

Takaya-Cordelain, I messaged you a question about the my character. Once you answer it I'll PM you my form. smile.gif

The roleplay creator should have the honor of making the first IC post.

Indeed. wink.gif The roleplay you made in the Unapproved section that I approved is the one that we roleplay in. It's the Main Thread for the roleplay and this is the OoC Thread. So you can make the opening post--the first post where we're actually roleplaying--or you can leave that up to someone else. But if you do not want to make the first post, make sure to say that here so someone else can.

And IC = In-Character, opposite of OoC (Out of Character).

You're doing wonderful for a first-timer, by the way. happy.gif

Okay, I've already got the first post written out so I'll post it. I replied to Silver Voices's question so now she can make her form. happy.gif

Thanks. happy.gif

Edited by Takaya-Cordelain

I am curious, will all the chars be receiving a note from the Mage?

Also, be warned that I am on my iPod so my grammar/spelling won't be as good.

Auto correct and such like to make fun of me. << xd.png

Yes, all the characters will be receiving a note.

Alright.

Will they all be meeting in the same place though?

Depends on where your character starts out. Natasha's character is starting out in Colleen, but Lore's character is starting out near the Akadia border, so they are in different places, so obviously it would take a long while for Lore to go to a place near Colleen or Natasha to go to a place near where Lore is. So it's just a place near where the character starts.

Yup yup, and we can always time-skip until they meet if we must.

And I am posting now. :3

I think I had a question but I can't remember it. >.< Oh well.

You could add something like "Two spots remaining" on the main roleplay title.

So maybe I missed the answer but do the elves and the humans have the same queen? It seems kinda awkward that they would. xP

How long would it take everyone to travel from one place to another?

Also, what time of day is it for the RP? tongue.gif

I'll get a post up after I wake up.