Rebelyell101

Lord of the Rings

Of course the words and the style is archaic. This was written during the 1930s and 40s. There's other reasons why it's archaic, such as the fact that it was "allegedly" translated from copies of the Red Book into what we see today, meaning that Tolkien wrote the book as a translation of what would have been if there were actual hobbits, elves, and all the events in the book happened. It's an old book, purposely written in that style. I don't see why people are complaining about that.

so for a second post in one go, but, i have lord of the rings, the hobbit, and the children of huren in book form, i plan to read them, right now i am reading the hobbit, up to the bit were bilbo and the dwarves are in smags lair.

I'm learning to write the Tengwar. (Elvish alphabet). biggrin.gif

http://www.omniglot.com/writing/tengwar.htm

Oooo, good for you! I don't know how to write Tengwar (and apparently it was actually a bad choice of language appearance since the letters all look similar) but I should probably learn...

I know a few Sindarin words...?

Probably not pronouncing them right though xd.png

I loved LotR.happy.gif  They are the best books I've ever read in my whole life.  I personally think the movies ruined them.  I mean, Frodo was a ll emo and depressed(even before he got the ring), Legolas was like "lets be best friends" wheras in the books Legolas and Gimli are not supposed to be at all friendly until like the very end(not the very end but close).  I think they did Merry and Pippin quite well though.  But yeah, I excpected to be dissapointed anyway.

If you think the movies ruined LotR, do NOT watch The Hobbit. I loved the LotR movies (though yeah, in places P.J. seemed to be more focused on looking cool and showing off Legolas's overpowered-ness than telling the story correctly) but I haven't yet seen Hobbit and honestly I don't really want to. Yes there are good parts, Smaug for example, and maybe some day I'll watch it just for those and for Bilbo who's perfectly cast, but... but... Tauriel... Legolas... the love triangle... Kili not even looking like a dwarf... the love triangle... over-dramatization and ridiculous stretching of the books... THE LOVE TRIANGLE...

But I agree, LotR is the best fantasy book ever written in mu opinion, certainly the best one I've ever read ^u^

Edited by ErulasseAranel

I found the hobbit movie...... good..... it was lacking something that the lord of the rings movies had.

I wonder if Sauron had any influence on some stuff that happened after Mordor was "cleansed" of majority his presence after the ring was destroyed, I think Gandalf said he is still around but a lot less powerful and can never again regain his lost power.

I kinda wish J.R.R was still alive, I wonder what he would've added to his work, like a book about the remaining silmarills, or more stories about the dwarfs (especially the petty dwarfs).