TJ09

2024-05-21 - Dragon Cave's 18th Birthday!

Posted (edited)

so... is that +0 to -5 time zones have the worst experience/feeling during NR? 

Anyway I still hope they drop 3 days like the previous brithday NR, I'm happt to have more chances to become picky.

edit: oh S2! the bird look like a dragon now XD

Edited by D-wing

Happy birthday! Only recently got back into this a few months ago but it's been fun! A little late to this news, so I will probably not get anything; the egg searching pages are empty LOL

1 minute ago, Nulcheck said:

Happy birthday! Only recently got back into this a few months ago but it's been fun! A little late to this news, so I will probably not get anything; the egg searching pages are empty LOL

Try the five minute marks and top of the hour.

4 minutes ago, Lagie said:

Try the five minute marks and top of the hour.

Thanks for the tip! I managed to get one actually

Okay, all of these look awesome. I am so looking forward to adults. Especially the Qilin, altho we do have the Wisteria,  which is a very deer-like dragon, much like the Qilin Deer Dragon. Wonder how close they’ll look? Might make good pairings. Hope it has only a single antler. I’m too blind to tell right now.

Also very much want to see the White Tiger. Catlike dragon? Yes please. Reminds me of a very, very old story character of mine that was a dragon with a tiger-like body, maned wolf-like head (though not those stilt legs, lol), snow leopard-like tail, and two pair dragon wings, horns, flame breath, and taloned paws. (Sounds so cringe writing it out like that.)

Vermilion Bird stage 1 looks like a white owl to me, although when I touched it it went to stage 2 red/green and much more Phoenix like, so that’s neat. I like the ones where the babies grow brighter/more colorful as they mature, like some animals of nature.  

Black Tortoise dragon I’ll have to see. Baby looks awesome, but a dragon turtle is pretty common. Magistream has several. But another black dragon would be a welcome addition.

And while Azure Dragon…dragon looks like just an Eastern-style Long Dragon (because it is), that color is so super gorgeous and we need more Eastern Longs. Want to see that one very badly. 

Ooh, I hope the black and white/tiger does end up (as an adult) looking cat like. I had some cat losses in the past year--my darling Circe (long hair dilute calico) who I got a pillow egg on the day of her death that I named after her. I had a black and white boy, Domino, who had GI lymphoma and lost his fight last September, so I'd be excited about getting one with a 'stolen on' date for the anniversary of his death.

Right now, I have one of each, so looking forward to the grown ups.

I do not have enough slots for all these beautiful new dergs! Im very excited to see their adult forms! Thank you to the artists, conceptors and staff, this release is a 10/10 stunner

Woo happy birth dragoncave!!

The hatchies are adorable and I LOVE the theme. So hyped to have a dragon turtle. All of them look amazing so far and I'm expecting to have five new favourites xD. Thanks to the spriters for their excellent work! I'll probably be back to gush over these guys more once they've grown.

Not gonna lie though I was so hoping for a biome update, the birthday would be a perfect time to release them with a dragon for each additional biome. Some people don't like big releases but I LOVE them. It brings me back to when I first started dc and there were loads of new dragons to collect.

How exciting! I love the theme this year. 

The eggs and hatchies are stunning and I am really looking forward to seeing the adults. I doubled up and got two eggs of the Forest, Coast, and Volcano. The 5 min drops this morning were competitive but I managed to fill up with all the eggs I wanted at the 9am EDT hourly drop.

Thanks to the artists, writers, dragon conceptors, mods, and to TJ for keeping DragCave alive another year and for all the work you do.

~Snow

Happy birthday dragcave !!! These hatchlings look amazing, I can't wait to see what they grow into!! :D

I love love that turtle hatchling. All of them look gorgeous though, can't wait to see what they grow into :D 

Happy DC birthday, everyone!

I was worried I'd be late for release, really glad the flood is still ongoing and actually eggs seem to not go that quickly - I easily got one of each on the full hour drop, and then two more when I checked the biomes at :08.

The theme is very cool, so far based on eggs and hatchis I think I like forest and coast breeds the best. Curious to see how it'll be when we see adults.

I am in the same time zone as DC, so all I did was set my alarm for 11:50 PM and then come downstairs to where my computer is and start clicking. It took over 1 1/2 hours for me to get at least 1 of each.

It is great when we know when the releases will happen in advance.

Of course, I am retired, so I can make up any missed sleep.

I am also the kind of person who would set alarms for when my egg slots would be available. Probably why I have so many dragons.

How do we get the birthday dragons if nothing is in the caves?

36 minutes ago, Nyxe said:

How do we get the birthday dragons if nothing is in the caves?

Check at :00 and :05 and other multiples of five. That's when eggs drop. Try to grab them as soon as they appear - eventually you'll get one before someone else.

Posted (edited)

I can't believe I'm 18 hours late to this 😅 Do we know when the release might end? The hatchlings look so incredible so far!

Edited by dracornithologist

25 minutes ago, meirelle said:

I am reminded of an old anime called Fushigi Yuugi. 😄

oh man, Fushigi Yuugi... blast from the past!

happy birthday DC! loving the hatchlings so far, but especially the kirin(?)/jungle & volcano ones.

23 minutes ago, dracornithologist said:

I can't believe I'm 18 hours late to this 😅 Do we know when the release might end? The hatchlings look so incredible so far!

The eggs are permanent.