Platykwak

ANSWERED:Cave Notification settings is not asking Push permission again on mobile

Go to solution Solved by TJ09,

Posted (edited)

(Firefox Android) - I tried to set up Push notifications on my phone, but missed a setting somewhere on my mobile app... (There's like 3-4 different settings to check to allow them on my phone browser app, lol...) so the first try didn't work obviously.

Now I got them to work on the Forum, so the permissions shouldn't be denied anymore. But the Cave site notification settings have the button "greyed out" still, and won't let me send another permission query. I cleared cookies and cache of the mobile browser and the app, but it didn't work.

Picture1.jpg.00a04037b4e1c6cddf5af0bc12c0d9e3.jpg

Edited by Platykwak
Shrunk image

Posted Solution

Once you've said "no" to notifications, browsers don't let websites ask again. In Firefox on Android, you can tap on the lock icon in the URL bar to change your preference.

Really ? Because on mine (Opera. up to date - so would that change every time it updates, maybe ?) Twitter (I refuse to use that SILLY name) KEEPS asking me to accept them. 

Oh! Fascinating, I didn't know it was that sort of a hidden, stored information that didn't get cleared alongside cookies. But also nice that it's manageable per website/domain.

But that worked, I was able to send a new query after clearing stuff from the lock icon. Many thanks!