notecardPasta

Dragon backgrounds/Environments

I cannot see TJ going for something that allows us to pick a background for each individual dragon; I think it would HAVE to be by their "home biome", the end.

1 hour ago, Fuzzbucket said:

I cannot see TJ going for something that allows us to pick a background for each individual dragon; I think it would HAVE to be by their "home biome", the end.

Can I ask why not? It seems as simple to me as a dropdown checklist menu, like the one we already have for groups. But I don't have the experience to know what considerations TJ is making.

He has said several times in the past that he isn't keen on things that have loads of options. I suppose with a dropdown it might be easy enough, but it would bring in so many variable for each page, I'd have thought it would get heavy. No skin off my nose - it isn't something I'd want to use.

I believe theorizing based on what TJ may or may not like isn't much good input -- it's very possible he just wouldn't want BGs out of aesthetic preference but to say something MUST be done based off of an assumption feels a bit like shutting down some conversations on how it could work otherwise?

For example, if a background being locked to the biome the dragon was found in makes more sense or is a better option to you personally putting reasoning behind that is a bit better since it helps visualize different possibilities and furthers the discussion!

I do not make suggestions with what TJ may think in mind since there's a pretty large chance of a "I'm not planning on implementing backgrounds" but it's fun to talk about possibilities and how they may work onsite/peoples' preferences on them!