Metafarers

The Endless Trade Project

Hi all! I have a personal trading project and challenge I am starting, and this thread is where I will be documenting it.

The goal is this: Start with one egg, and trade it for 1 or more eggs or hatchlings. It doesn't matter what I trade it for. Whatever I receive, I then must trade that before it grows up, and so on and so forth, with the goal of creating a continual chain of trades, where the eggs/hatchlings that I have do not grow up! I want to see how long I can keep this process going, the first goal being 30 days.

My rules:

1. There are no rules about what kind of dragon I trade it for. The dragons can be messy, cbs, rare, common, doesn't matter.

2. If I receive more than 1 item in a trade I MUST immediately designate which item is the trade item. Generally this is going to be whatever item has the most time, or possibly which is rarer if the times are similar. I cannot change partway through which item is the trade item. Non trade items can be allowed to grow or given away.

3. Once a trade has been made, I will immediately document it in this thread, with an updated link for the next trade. There may be a delay if I am magilocked, but I must make sure to say so.

4. I will not end the trade project early simply because I receive a single item I really like. Even if it is a single rare egg, the trade will go on, and only end if I cannot find someone to trade with before time runs out, or real life circumstances get in the way of me playing.

I think that about covers it! Will post my first trade as a reply below soon. If you get one of my eggs or hatchlings that was a part of this project, feel free to share about it :)

image.png.02d6ceb7d6b85602bf8832db5260a967.png

Here is my first trade!

Commenting to stay updated and potentially join in on a trade at some point 😸

Another trade made! This time for a cb parg. I am currently magi locked but will be putting it up for trade asap. Anyone interested in trading is free to dm.

Someone dmed me to do a trade for the parg, so thankfully I have a higher time egg here. Will post a trade for this Spessartine once i have a magi again, but feel free to dm if you are interested.

I didn't fully understand how it works. I have to trade the same egg I received (or more eggs, including the received one)?

If it's true, I think someone must give two items at some point, else the dragon will finally grow up.

Edited by Cinnamonear

12 minutes ago, Cinnamonear said:

I didn't fully understand how it works. I have to trade the same egg I received (or more eggs, including the received one)?

If it's true, I think someone must give two items at some point, else the dragon will finally grow up.

This is a project I am doing, but others are welcome to do their own challenges too. And no, it doesn't require getting two items. You just had to keep trading an item, getting higher timed items so they never grow up. I explain how it works in the first post.

Traded the hatchie for a Cb marocephaleic. Magilocked but will post when I have one free. May institute a 'will accept a trade in the morning' once a day policy so I don't keep running out, but we'll see. 

18 hours ago, Metafarers said:

This is a project I am doing, but others are welcome to do their own challenges too. And no, it doesn't require getting two items. You just had to keep trading an item, getting higher timed items so they never grow up. I explain how it works in the first post.

I read the first post.

Do I have to trade the same hatchling I get?

If that's true, what will happen when it will grow up?

If that's true, I'm pretty sure that someone has to offer two items, one is the old one, that had been traded a couple of times, and another one younger, which will be traded from now.

2 hours ago, Cinnamonear said:

I read the first post.

If that's true, I'm pretty sure that someone has to offer two items, one is the old one, that had been traded a couple of times, and another one younger, which will be traded from now.

I think Metafarer's goal is to keep the trade going as long as possible. If you wanted to do the challenge in a similar way, then you would probably keep track of what you're trading to see how long it goes. You start with an egg of your choice and trade it for another egg. You can trade it for a younger egg, giving you more time to trade before the egg (and eventually hatchling) grows up. You don't need to receive two items, you just have to trade with the intention of not trading for anything too close to hatching or growing up.

An example would be:

Trade 1, you give someone a caveborn egg (Egg 1) with 6 days 18 hours left in its timer. They give you an egg (Egg 2) with 6 days 15 hours left in its timer.

Trade 2, you give someone else Egg 2, and they give you Egg 3. By this time, egg 3 has 6 days 18 hours left in its timer, which is more time than Egg 2 has left, so you've given yourself more time.

Trade 3, you give someone else Egg 3, which by now has dropped to 6 days left. They give you Egg 4, which has maybe 6 days 15 hours left. You've given yourself more time again.

Maybe this example can show that you only need to trade one dragon every time, it's just about keeping an eye on trying to not receive a dragon whose timer is super low. You're not holding on to the same dragon the whole way through, so you don't have to worry about any one specific dragon growing up.

(Separately, I love the idea of this project! I'm excited to see how it goes!)

Oh, thank you!

3 hours ago, Cinnamonear said:

I read the first post.

I finally understood. That means there's only a person which makes all the trades? 

30 minutes ago, Cinnamonear said:

Oh, thank you!

I finally understood. That means there's only a person which makes all the trades? 

Meta is the one posting the trades and having the endless trade -- others are joining in by putting in offers. What they do with the egg once Meta has traded doesn't matter in the context of this project. 

thanks for the help explaining stuff guys. been having bad brain week.

I traded the cb maro for a salty 4g mint pink omen checker! trade is up here

Edited by Metafarers

The salty egg has been traded for a stormrider spiral and a magi egg. I am choosing the stormrider as the trade egg, find it here!

image.png.9d577c98fb26eed942c6723b801e4d1a.png

Edited by Metafarers