schmupti

Let users putting up a trade set/specify a limit on incoming offers

You know the pain: a trade you literally can't accept because you don't have the slots. It has the one thing that's exactly what you want, but then the other person decided to 'sweeten the deal'.

I know there's already a limit, in that users can only offer up to 4 growing things, but it'd be nice if the person presenting a trade could be more specific without taking up characters in the text box and limiting description of the item up for trade. Just a pair of wee pulldown lists, 1-4, eggs only/hatchlings only/mixed eggs & hatchlings OK...

(I know earlier threads had suggestions to limit/warn for actions that might render trades unable to be accepted; this is not that.)

Edited by schmupti

The issue I'd see with that would be that things might change and then you have to pull the trade and start over.

You put something up and say no more than 2 eggs. Someone offers the perfect trade with three, and if you wait 2 hours you can take it - or it's SO good you decide to drop something. It's not so cut and dried.

12 hours ago, Fuzzbucket said:

The issue I'd see with that would be that things might change and then you have to pull the trade and start over.

You put something up and say no more than 2 eggs. Someone offers the perfect trade with three, and if you wait 2 hours you can take it - or it's SO good you decide to drop something. It's not so cut and dried.

But if you'd be willing to wait anyway, then you can just... Not use this. Post the trade as you always would. 

That being said, a mild support from me, just because I don't feel very strongly about this topic. I'd probably use it sometimes when I'm trying to make a faster trade or I'm not going to be unlocked any time soon. I can see its usefulness, it's just not on my top priorities of QoL changes. 

I vaguely remember a suggestion years ago that would let you accept only part of a trade. I still think that idea was excellent and it sounds less complicated than this one. 

10 hours ago, MissK. said:

But if you'd be willing to wait anyway, then you can just... Not use this. Post the trade as you always would. 

That being said, a mild support from me, just because I don't feel very strongly about this topic. I'd probably use it sometimes when I'm trying to make a faster trade or I'm not going to be unlocked any time soon. I can see its usefulness, it's just not on my top priorities of QoL changes. 

I don't care about this one either way - just it does happen that you have a scroll almost full of stuff you want and wouldn't have considered anything else at all - till someone offers as a part of a trade, a 2gen gold saltkin you have never thought of asking for, as well as what you needed. Losing the chance for that kind of miracle would be sad.

10 hours ago, blah said:

I vaguely remember a suggestion years ago that would let you accept only part of a trade. I still think that idea was excellent and it sounds less complicated than this one. 

Yes - mine I do believe. And that would be THE best option.

3 hours ago, Fuzzbucket said:

Yes - mine I do believe. And that would be THE best option.

Yes! That’s the one!