AnnAndArts

SPAM:Problem on the Wiki?

I’ m not really sure where to put this, but I was on the Dragon Cave Wiki, an every link on the egg identification page takes me to a water purifier place or something to do with water? I have no idea what is going on with it. I didn’t know who or where to let anyone know.

Going back I saw an ad that overlays the text; it is large and intrusive as it doesn’t move with the page and you can’t see what’s behind it. It had the to the water guide place on it. Somehow, the ad was sent to those links when I saw them before. Those ads are very bothersome. I know sites need money to keep running but this sort of ad is a really bad idea.

Unfortunately I don't think the folks who run the wiki can do much about the ads as they're a result of the host, fandom.com, running those obnoxious ads that interfere with site functionality.  It's been a known issue with that host for years now and is a reason multiple other wikis have jumped ship to other hosts.

If possible, I suggest running an adblocker of some kind for fandom.com-hosted wikis because it's the only way I've found them even navigable at all, sadly.

Posted (edited)

This topic (or the majority of the replies to this topic) has been deemed spam. Spam is not allowed per the board rules. If you have any questions, feel free to contact me.

Edit: Sorry for the auto-response, but yea DC has no control over the wiki and fandom itself is just kinda crappy lately!

Edited by Kaini