Merina

ANSWERED:Breed Name Missing

Go to solution Solved by Fuzzbucket,

Some of my recently hatched dragons are missing the Breed name that links to the encyclopedia page (I've attached screenshots of a hatchling and an adult that are affected). Normally each dragon's page lists Gender, Breed, and Location, but the affected dragons only show Gender and Location. I've been on hiatus for several months, so I can't be sure if this is just a new thing affecting recently added breeds, but I'm fairly sure it's not, as it is also affecting a recently hatched swallowtail dragon.  It also doesn't seem to affect *all* my recently hatched dragons. Does anyone know why this is happening? 

Screenshot_20230826_074610_Chrome.jpg

Screenshot_20230826_074803_Chrome.jpg

Usually it's because you haven't yet unlocked that particular stage in the dragon's development. Try going to the encyclopedia and filtering for incomplete - and you will get something like this: (and I had better get on with that !)

image.png.3dde4ffb19fcfa4bbcd2d0a79f20b05b.png

Well now that connects to a totally different thing I've been having trouble with - I have several breeds of dragons where I have several individuals of the breed that I hatched from eggs back in the early 2010s, but the encyclopedia claims I haven't even unlocked the breed. 

They don't count f you had them before the encyclopedia was introduced - around 2014, IIRC.

Yes - here you go:

Fuzz is correct, they don't count if you raised them before the encyclopedia was created. There was no realistic way to grandfather them in.