cornndawg

How do I report inappropriate ads?

i keep getting temu ads for adult toys. i am a minor. apart from using an adblocker, how do i keep these ads away or report them?

Ads are controlled by google, not by DC, and are generally based on browsing history or completely random if google isn't allowed to collect that data.

There is a little x in the upper corner of each ad where you can request not to see that ad again or change your ad settings.

Some ads actually seem to lack that, but I haven't seen any that are inappropriate that lack it.  It also can blend in really well so you may have to look closely for the little X to actually find it, which is an issue with graphic ads I know.

3 hours ago, Kaini said:

Ads are controlled by google, not by DC, and are generally based on browsing history or completely random if google isn't allowed to collect that data.

There is a little x in the upper corner of each ad where you can request not to see that ad again or change your ad settings.

it was a google ad, so i reported it and changed my ad settings. hopefully this fixes the issue. still messed up that adult ads can appear here though.

52 minutes ago, cornndawg said:

it was a google ad, so i reported it and changed my ad settings. hopefully this fixes the issue. still messed up that adult ads can appear here though.

My experience has been that you see that ad more frequently because you interacted with it.

Again, DC has no control over which ads appear. This has been answered.