Lagie

Compulsive Posters' Anonymous Volume Twenty-One

Posted (edited)

8 hours ago, purplehaze said:

Actual temps. I don't even want to think about heat index!

Oof. Stay cool!

Good morning, CPA! B)

*sets out coffee, teas, juices, apples, brownies, and toast with jam*

Bright and sunny finally. I need to go buy cat food and do some shopping then can relax again.

Morning toppage, page 252! B)

Edited by Lagie
Toppage!

hey all.  actually working today. wow!

Daisy is currently singing me the song of her people in the kitty prison. She keeps trying to jump off the bed, and while she can do it, we're trying to keep the other cats from catching her plague. lol

aww, Daisy sounds cute!

so older daughter said 'occasionally' to using tote bags... so i went ahead and ordered it!

@AsymDoll13 - here's what i got  so far~

Spoiler

start from the center of your pattern, and i saw a cool way to start the floss:  if you'll be using two of the strands, use a piece twice as long (hand to elbow twice), fold it in half and thread both ends though the needle, then do the first part of the first stitch.  once you put the needle to the back, thread it also though the loop that's there, and it locks your floss in place. 

and i have a little 3" cross-stitch i can practice on before i start the tote bag :)

2 hours ago, trystan said:

hey all.  actually working today. wow!

Fun, fun!

I did my errands, had tea, then started trimming overgrowing vines and branches at the back of my place since the landscaping company we've hired never seems to go back there. I had to stop before I overheated.

Posted (edited)

2 hours ago, trystan said:

aww, Daisy sounds cute!

so older daughter said 'occasionally' to using tote bags... so i went ahead and ordered it!

@AsymDoll13 - here's what i got  so far~

Hide contents

start from the center of your pattern, and i saw a cool way to start the floss:  if you'll be using two of the strands, use a piece twice as long (hand to elbow twice), fold it in half and thread both ends though the needle, then do the first part of the first stitch.  once you put the needle to the back, thread it also though the loop that's there, and it locks your floss in place. 

and i have a little 3" cross-stitch i can practice on before i start the tote bag :)

She is, but she's so loud... Now she's sleeping, I think. 

That is all correct! Always start from the center, lock the thread and have fun with it! I love cross stitching. I have since my mom taught me as a kid. She can't do it as often anymore though, since she's got bad arthritis in her hands, but she taught my brother and I both! Loads of fun~

Edit to add more: 
Take it slow, don't be afraid to frog if need be, but just remember to relax. It's a fun thing to do, not a need to be utterly perfect on the first few stitches. 

Edited by AsymDoll13

I am not a compulsive poster :D, but I feel I should drop in and say I wrote up a description for Pun7q, as promised. :)

59 minutes ago, Dirtytabs said:

I am not a compulsive poster :D, but I feel I should drop in and say I wrote up a description for Pun7q, as promised. :)

*groans*

Well done, Tabs!

@trystan 

Bestie wanted me to tell you to always make sure the stitches are going in the same direction. They say otherwise it looks weird, but I never notice... but I passed on the info. lol

2 hours ago, Dirtytabs said:

XD Well done! :)

At Julian's, watching Alexander and the Terrible Horrible No-Good Very Bad Day and I'm about to try to shift some dragons.

I'm still way behind in the updating.

Posted (edited)

2 hours ago, Dirtytabs said:

I wrote up a description for Pun7q, as promised. :)

oh fun!

@AsymDoll13 - yep, yep, and all that. :D  i also watched a few videos :) and yes, i think i saw that in a video somewhere.  I'm trying. XD  i have a little 3" cross stitch I'm working on to see how it all comes together - ll post a pic of it at some point, of course. :D 

38 minutes ago, Lagie said:

I'm about to try to shift some dragons.

good luck!

Edited by trystan

Pippin is back on the bed! He tried to get my needle and thread though. lol. Little cutie. ❤️ 

Daisy is in prison again after an accident on the bed. 

19 minutes ago, trystan said:

good luck

Well, drat. My mouse is acting up. I can shift with the touchpad. So no shifting. I'm hunting mints now.

3 minutes ago, AsymDoll13 said:

Oops. Not fun.

5 minutes ago, Lagie said:

Well, drat. My mouse is acting up. I can shift with the touchpad. So no shifting. I'm hunting mints now.

oops.

10 minutes ago, AsymDoll13 said:

aww, she'll be all right, yeah?

7 minutes ago, trystan said:

aww, she'll be all right, yeah?

Oh yeah. She pooped on the bed. The brat. lol

Pippin is now nuzzling me and just sneezed on me... *sighs*

*sends tissues*

I was mint hunting and snagged ... a chicken. XD And now I'm egglocked.

Maleficent now. The first one.

2 minutes ago, AsymDoll13 said:

Oh yeah. She pooped on the bed. The brat. lol

Bellatrix had some issues before, and she used hubby's laundry basket a time or two *sigh*

Just now, Lagie said:

congrats? XD 

14 minutes ago, trystan said:

Bellatrix had some issues before, and she used hubby's laundry basket a time or two *sigh*

I think she just had to poop and didn't let us know to put her in the litter box in her kitty prison. It all seemed completely fine, but we'll know more tomorrow (vet at 4:30!). I can't wait to get her all sorted! 

8 minutes ago, AsymDoll13 said:

e'll know more tomorrow (vet at 4:30!). I can't wait to get her all sorted! 

yes - keep us updated :D 

Oh I will!

Also... a good tip... Needle minders. I have cute bee related ones~ And I dunno if you'll be marking the pattern or not, but I recommend it. ^^ I have it printed out and taped onto a clipboard, and then I mark in pencil. This might all be like... obvious, but I thought I'd bring up both of those things. lol

i have some plain round magnets i'm using for now.  i plan to get a cute one at some point.  probably not with free shipping though XD 

as for marking the pattern - I'm using post-it notes to mark the row I'm currently stitching, but i might end up doing something else when i get to the tote bag.

1 hour ago, Lagie said:

1 hour ago, trystan said:

congrats? XD 

same? XP

going back home this week. get to see the pups and kittehs again

15 minutes ago, trystan said:

i have some plain round magnets i'm using for now.  i plan to get a cute one at some point.  probably not with free shipping though XD 

as for marking the pattern - I'm using post-it notes to mark the row I'm currently stitching, but i might end up doing something else when i get to the tote bag.

I've used those before too! They work well enough!

Posted (edited)

1 minute ago, AsymDoll13 said:

I've used those before too! They work well enough!

i found a cute kitty one on the site i got the kit from - works out to be like $15 with shipping. *sigh* maybe I'll order it at the end of the week when i have some money on my debit card

wait.... which have you used before? the magnets or the post-its? XD 

Edited by trystan

Posted (edited)

Magnets. lol. I have some for like... dry erase boards and I've used them for so much stuff. I just mark on the pattern itself. *shrugs* I'll have to show you my ridiculous pattern sheet now. lol. It's a mess. 

Edit: Here it is~

Spoiler

20240617_221720.jpg

The middle bit isn't colored in due to me having to reprint since I lost the original, and I was way too lazy. lol

Edited by AsymDoll13