Draco_Sicarius

ANSWERED:Remove the New Pop Up Ads!

Please for the love of God remove the horrendous ads that pop up at the bottom of the screen! They're invasive, annoying, and unnecessary. If DC is hurting that bad for money, expand the ad section at the bottom of the page to have a second ad container. This new junk is taking up way too much of my screen real estate (even with the "hide" arrow considering it unhides with every. single. page. navigation.), and does not entice me into wanting to get an anti-ad subscription. In reality, it makes me kind of not want to play anymore.image.thumb.png.f7670fff1201e9811010fdb96049400a.pngimage.thumb.png.77eb16981c376d1cc7a453db8465e97f.png

Edited by Draco_Sicarius

Hi - here is a thread discussion for the ad

It doesn't seem that it's something that DC did, rather an update on the popup ad side, since some other site suddenly have this as well.

2 hours ago, Draco_Sicarius said:

Please for the love of God remove the horrendous ads that pop up at the bottom of the screen! They're invasive, annoying, and unnecessary. If DC is hurting that bad for money, expand the ad section at the bottom of the page to have a second ad container. This new junk is taking up way too much of my screen real estate (even with the "hide" arrow considering it unhides with every. single. page. navigation.), and does not entice me into wanting to get an anti-ad subscription. In reality, it makes me kind of not want to play anymore.image.thumb.png.f7670fff1201e9811010fdb96049400a.pngimage.thumb.png.77eb16981c376d1cc7a453db8465e97f.png

TJ has already addressed this issue:

Quoting TJ,

"Google tends to run experiments on their ad platform from time to time. Site owners aren't notified ahead of time, but thankfully I can at least block them retroactively.

The "anchor ads," as Google calls them, should be no more.