Cute_Dragons

ANSWERED:Got a Shumoga egg from wild parent, not sure if using earthquake will hurt the raffle egg

Go to solution Solved by Shadowdrake,

I just happened to fetch a 2g Shumoga egg from AP with Wild Shumoga as parent. I had never tried to obtain a Wild Shumoga since I didn't want to kill it by accident, but this egg already has a wild parent and I would like to continue the lineage.

I plan to fog the Shumoga egg (4d-) until my other eggs hatch (in a few hours), but since the prize egg was just dropped today, it would take 2 days to hatch (with incubation), and I am not sure if it would affect the success rate of transforming the Shumoga egg (4d --> 2d) to wild Shumoga?

I know that raffle prize eggs are protected from sickness, but I have no idea whether or not will it be affected (killed) by earthquake. I really appreciate if anyone knows the answer. I tried to search for this in the forum but couldn't find any.

Thank you!

Edit:

I reviewed the Q&A and decided to play it safe. Although the prize egg was described as it will be protected from sickness (I can't remember the exact words), I checked and found that its action page contains the kill option, so I'm guessing that it could be killed by earthquake. 

I guess I will fog the Shumoga egg and wait until all other eggs on my scroll hatch to use earthquake :)

As for the earthquake, I was checking the earthquake science thread for green canto, and it seems that waiting until it receives enough views to hatch and have a low time count would almost ensure its survival. This Shumoga egg is already at 3d+ when I picked it up from AP and after two days it will be 1d+. I really hope it will survive and transform.

Edited by CuteDragons

Posted (edited) Solution

2 hours ago, CuteDragons said:

This Shumoga egg is already at 3d+ when I picked it up from AP and after two days it will be 1d+. I really hope it will survive and transform.

Don't do that, the longer you wait the more likely it won't hatch and will just die. You also don't need earthquake (unless you don't have kill slots), but if you can kill, do it ASAP but with a small-to-medium crack if possible. Otherwise, you may want to ask someone else for help killing. Good luck!

Edited by Shadowdrake

1 hour ago, Shadowdrake said:

Don't do that, the longer you wait the more likely it won't hatch and will just die. You also don't need earthquake (unless you don't have kill slots), but if you can kill, do it ASAP but with a small-to-medium crack if possible. Otherwise, you may want to ask someone else for help killing. Good luck!

Thank you and @UnicornMaiden for your comments!

As I was reading some experiment records from the Earthquake Science thread, the egg got to S3 crack, and I fogged it immediately. After I saw your replies, I unfogged it and performed the kill action.

Unfortunately the god of RNG wasn't kind to the egg and it didn't survive, but given that it was already 3d+ when I picked it up from AP, I guess the chances were already lower than other 4d-5d eggs?

RIP egg and my eggslot. I don't really like using the kill action, but thinking on the bright side, this was a rare experience for me.

Edited by CuteDragons

9 minutes ago, CuteDragons said:

Unfortunately the god of RNG wasn't kind to the egg and it didn't survive, but given that it was already 3d+ when I picked it up from AP, I guess the chances were already lower than other 4d-5d eggs?

Yeah, unfortunately Kill has most success when used on 5-6d eggs for early hatching. Sorry to hear it died :(