Jump to content
Impulsive_Egg

The Unofficial Hot Take Thread

Recommended Posts

A hot take, according to the Urban Dictionary, is "An opinion that is likely to cause controversy or is unpopular".

I am making this thread solely for the purpose of putting up a hot take I discussed with my mom this evening that I may or may not have appropriated from the internet:

*According to what modern society considers "science fiction", the genre of sci-fi is just fantasy in space. Yes there are nuances to it but I'm looking at the bare-bones percieved-by-society definition of sci-fi.

I also think innocent, friendly discourse is fun! With that said, what are your hot takes/unpopular opinions?

 

**Please note that I will not be entertaining opinions that target any demographic of people in a negative light**

Share this post


Link to post

Your sci-fi hot take blew my mind a little bit LOL. Of course there are tropes that crop up in one or the other more often, but there's also so much overlap now that I think about it ...

 

I'll continue with an unrelated hot take of my own! This one's gonna be gross to some people and I'm very sorry, but this is my controversial truth: parasitic animals are not evil or scary. To me, they're kind of cute. They consider our bodies precious sources of food and/or safety! They love us the way we love tasty food and comfy beds! Obviously, I'll do everything in my power to keep them far away from me, but I reserve the right to not hate them like most people do. Trying really hard to learn not to be grossed out by them either, but that's a bit more of a tall order. Maybe one day. 😅

Share this post


Link to post
8 hours ago, seventeendeer said:

I'll continue with an unrelated hot take of my own! This one's gonna be gross to some people and I'm very sorry, but this is my controversial truth: parasitic animals are not evil or scary. To me, they're kind of cute. They consider our bodies precious sources of food and/or safety! They love us the way we love tasty food and comfy beds! Obviously, I'll do everything in my power to keep them far away from me, but I reserve the right to not hate them like most people do. Trying really hard to learn not to be grossed out by them either, but that's a bit more of a tall order. Maybe one day. 😅

Honestly you're not wrong, everything that lives on this earth does what it has to to survive, that's what it is to be alive, and some ways of survival have to come at the expense of others. That's why there's a food chain, that's why there is balance!

Share this post


Link to post

Posted (edited)

Be prepared for a very, very spicy take here....

 

Ok be prepared, have some milk nearby...

 

 

 

Calling pizzas 'pies' is silly.

Edited by _Ro_

Share this post


Link to post

Posted (edited)

On 1/6/2023 at 5:57 PM, _Ro_ said:

Be prepared for a very, very spicy take here....

 

Ok be prepared, have some milk nearby...

 

 

 

Calling pizzas 'pies' is silly.

When the moon hits your eye ~

Like a big pizza pie ~
Thats a morayyy ~

 

Anyways, my hot take that most people will hate me for...


Pop music sucks
That's the hot take

Who actually likes "dance monkey"? Because I cannot STAND it. The song makes me want to rip my ears off. My parents love pop music so whenever I'm in the car with them I have to bring my own headphones before I get sent to a psych ward.

Why listen to that stuff? If somebody judges you for having a different taste than annoying pop, who cares? 

Listen to the Undertale OST, Steven Universe, cringe culture is dead, we are free

Edited by TaikoYon

Share this post


Link to post
31 minutes ago, TaikoYon said:

Pop music sucks

That's the hot take

Who actually likes "dance monkey"? Because I cannot STAND it. The song makes me want to rip my ears off. My parents love pop music so whenever I'm in the car with them I have to bring my own headphones before I get sent to a psych ward.

Why listen to that stuff? If somebody judges you for having a different taste than annoying pop, who cares? 

Listen to the Undertale OST, Steven Universe, cringe culture is dead, we are free

What's funny about this is when my dad was younger (this was around the 70s), he used to listen to rock and pop on the radio, but as the folk music revival was going around, they played one folk song (I think it was Emmy Lou Harris?) and my dad loved it. He couldn't wait for them to put it on the radio again, but they never did, and he realized that the rest of the music he was listening to was just not as good as folk music. So in the 70s my dad decided to not listen to radio music ever again, and it's partially because of this that he got into folk music - it's his whole career! So my sister and I grew up on folk and old time (NOT post-Y2K country), virtually living under a rock when it came to what music was popular.

I don't dig pop either, it's annoying, but BOY do I love a good banjo.

(Here's a link to my dad's website if anyone else is interested in folk music)

Share this post


Link to post

American-styled yellow mustard is so good with fries and I think some people just need to have better tastes. Literally!

Share this post


Link to post
On 1/9/2023 at 7:34 PM, Anareta said:

American-styled yellow mustard is so good with fries and I think some people just need to have better tastes. Literally!

I never actually tried this but I enjoy yellow mustard so I will next time I get the chance

Share this post


Link to post

It’s so good with salty chips! I love the tanginess paired with salt.

Share this post


Link to post

I don't think food art should count as food art if it's only technically edible.

 

It doesn't have to have 5 star flavor or anything, but it should be food made FOR eating to qualify as food art. Someone making a face on their pancake is food art, someone painstakingly making a jello cake that looks like a koi pond is also food art, making a giant Pikachu out of flavorless chocolate is not. It's chocolate art, I will not argue with that because it is categorically made of chocolate and is art, but it's not FOOD just because it can be eaten. It was not made to be eaten, or with eating in mind, and does not taste like something made to be eaten, so therefore it's edible, but not food, much like toothpaste made for really young kids. If I made a sculpture out of non-toxic, safe to swallow glue, no one would be calling it food art even though the glue is safe if swallowed.

 

Share this post


Link to post
15 hours ago, blockEdragon said:

I don't think food art should count as food art if it's only technically edible.

 

It doesn't have to have 5 star flavor or anything, but it should be food made FOR eating to qualify as food art. Someone making a face on their pancake is food art, someone painstakingly making a jello cake that looks like a koi pond is also food art, making a giant Pikachu out of flavorless chocolate is not. It's chocolate art, I will not argue with that because it is categorically made of chocolate and is art, but it's not FOOD just because it can be eaten. It was not made to be eaten, or with eating in mind, and does not taste like something made to be eaten, so therefore it's edible, but not food, much like toothpaste made for really young kids. If I made a sculpture out of non-toxic, safe to swallow glue, no one would be calling it food art even though the glue is safe if swallowed.

 

 

Is this a hot take? LOL I would have thought this was the only reasonable train of thought here hahah

 

My hot take is that absolutely everything minus maybe like pizza should be eaten from a bowl. They keep everything contained, you can eat stuff out of them on the go, or hunched in your chair like a gremlin, one handed, they are just less messy. It is so seldom I ever actively want a plate in lieu of a bowl

Edited by boscodelta

Share this post


Link to post

Hot Take

Pizza isn't actually that good tbh-
I'm a germaphobe and just touching pizza makes me want to wash my hands... It doesn't taste too good either, it's a food that I like to avoid

Share this post


Link to post

You can eat pizza with a knife and fork if you don't like touching it. :)  ^^

 

I personally like the crust more than the part with toppings.

Share this post


Link to post
16 hours ago, TaikoYon said:

Hot Take

Pizza isn't actually that good tbh-
I'm a germaphobe and just touching pizza makes me want to wash my hands... It doesn't taste too good either, it's a food that I like to avoid

I used to like pizza until I worked at a pizza place and then suddenly pizza just sucked and I can't eat it anymore 😞

 

Another hot take: Fondant is not frosting, and frosting is what makes cakes go round. All those weird videos of people cutting into seemingly mundane objects only to find out that it's made of cake? False advertising. It's all fondant for sculpting, it's not real frosting, plus it tastes like feet.

Share this post


Link to post

My hot take: dogs usually smell really bad, so I avoid touching them. Because people don't wash their animals enough. Learn to wash your dog!!!!!!!!!!

Share this post


Link to post
51 minutes ago, 7hippo7 said:

My hot take: dogs usually smell really bad, so I avoid touching them. Because people don't wash their animals enough. Learn to wash your dog!!!!!!!!!!

Oh yeah, I hate touching dogs since i'm a germaphobe, I always have to wash my hands after...

Share this post


Link to post

Speaking of dogs: Hot dogs are neither sandwiches or the other thing. They are tacos.

Share this post


Link to post

I would say that Hot Dogs are more sandwich-like than tacos.
From what I've seen at least of American tacos, I can see where the thought sets in that they're tacos. But in Mexico, actual Mexican tacos look very different from American tacos. We don't have like, soft shell or hard shell tacos. We have a ton of ingredients on a tortilla. If you've never had Mexican street food tacos, you're missing out lol, the street food here is the best

 

 

I tried Taco Bell like once if you can't tell...

Share this post


Link to post
54 minutes ago, TaikoYon said:

If you've never had Mexican street food tacos, you're missing out lol, the street food here is the best

I’ve had real Mexican street food a few times— it’s delicious!  and street taco trucks in LA are a close second. 

Share this post


Link to post
2 hours ago, TaikoYon said:

I would say that Hot Dogs are more sandwich-like than tacos.
From what I've seen at least of American tacos, I can see where the thought sets in that they're tacos. But in Mexico, actual Mexican tacos look very different from American tacos. We don't have like, soft shell or hard shell tacos. We have a ton of ingredients on a tortilla. If you've never had Mexican street food tacos, you're missing out lol, the street food here is the best

 

 

I tried Taco Bell like once if you can't tell...

ok how about hot dogs are american tacos

Share this post


Link to post
9 hours ago, Impulsive_Egg said:

golf carts can be considered sports cars

Can You Don't™️ 🤣🤣🤣

Share this post


Link to post

I don't formally recognize golf as a valid sport (mini golf is fine tho) but the majority of golf carts probably see more "sport" than the majority of sports cars do.

Edited by blockEdragon

Share this post


Link to post


  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.