bizarrebirds

(murder mystery 2022) who did it?

i'm dying to know who did it at this point. no real interest in playing anymore (twice is enough for me) but i'd still like to know who the murderer was. does anyone know? sorry if this is the wrong forum section for this, by the way.

I mean, I feel like anyone who clicks this thread wants spoilers, but just in case...

Spoiler

It was the mint. The butler.

@orcachick2005 thank you so much! i should have guessed ||

Spoiler

the butler

lol, that's always how these stories go.

ah, by the way, forgot to ask this earlier but is there any way to successfully get

Spoiler

the butler

arrested? or can you just not do that and they're destined to get away with the murder.

Edited by bizarrebirds
spoiler

You have to gather enough evidence, otherwise you can't arrest him. You have to talk to everyone (at least up to the last couple of rooms if you start from the top) and inspect things closely.  I never went into the basement and still managed to successfully accuse him.

Funnily enough,

the butler

is the only one I DIDN’T suspect. I thought for sure it was

Bradwick, the Pitfire, through Pitfire death-magic or Nimbus, the Thundersnow, via possibly stealing Sabrina’s death scroll through the forged letter from Joe asking her to bring it.

until one of the others suspects disproved the former when I asked about them, and I kind of just put two and two together with the latter as to not being the culprit. I once even thought for SURE it was

Herring, because of how defensive and panicked he got when he saw the knife that fell out of his drake’s plushie + the whole mafia vibe about him

at one point.

The butler

somehow fooled me with the extremely convincing polite act.

1 hour ago, Moondragon007 said:

Can anyone tell me how to get the book the Thundersnow is looking for?

Spoiler

It’s behind the painting in one of the guest bedrooms. 

For me, Herring's name gave away that he wasn't the murderer. (He's a red herring, get it?) I don't know how I came to the conclusion it was 

Spoiler

the butler

but after talking to all the rooms ahead of him and then talking to him, I was just like, "Oh he's totally guilty" and accused him with Copper and that was it. I was so surprised I was right that I went back and chose

Spoiler

Chai LaBeouf

just in case it was one of those "You choose the murderer and we come up with all the evidence to support your theory" things, a la Shear Madness.  It's not. ;)

Spoiler

ah yes, the tale as old as time: It was the Bulter in the Study with the candlestick enchanted knife. *does a Joseph king and starts laughing at her own joke*

The things that led me to the correct conclusion were:

Spoiler

* The wounds - they're oddly shallow for death wounds, so that made me wonder about...

* the knife - Herring recognizes it, but it wasn't enchanted when he sold it, meaning someone had cursed it afterward, so I looked for curses and found...

* the death magic - clearly Sabrina's scroll, acquired via a suspicious note, which meant I was paying close attention to...

* the three notes - the handwriting for Joe's will was CAPSLOCK and punny; the handwriting in Sabrina's letter was lowercase and direct, as was the handwriting on the note attached to the Gold dragon statue.

That was enough for me to conclude that Sebastian had written the letter to Sabrina, not Joseph, which meant that Sebastian was probably also the 'anonymous' knife buyer and therefore the murderer.  I thought further and realized no one had mentioned seeing Sebastian during the party, except early in the evening; most of the other suspects were pretty clearly in sight of someone else who could vouch for them, except for him. 

Other things I only noticed afterward:

Spoiler

* Sebastian is the only one who gets upset/tries to deter you when you search the room.

* Bradwick mentions that Sebastian was supposed to send up food (or bring up food?) but it hasn't arrived.

* Brie mentions that Sebastian keeps the kitchen and pantry well stocked nowadays, so there's no reason for Sebastian to be in the kitchen as he claims he was during the murder.

Cristaria mentions that being a small dragon in a crowd of big ones can be dangerous because they won't see you in time to avoid being stepped on... but that goes both ways.  A small dragon who won't be noticed in a crowd also has better chances of committing a murder and slipping away unseen.

* Relatedly, several of the other suspects were large, strong, and/or aggressive enough that they could have murdered Joseph without weapons or magic.  (Not exactly conclusive, since some of them certainly could have chosen that method for other reasons, but it did seem to rule out the more combative dragons.  Bradwick or Nimbus would almost certainly have attacked Joseph personally if enraged enough to kill.)

* I had not actually specifically connected the notes with the question about Joe's mail!  Haha wow, that was more of a hint than I expected and yet somehow I missed it.

Edited by sorenna

This is more of a question than a discussion, so I'm going to close it, since it's been answered!