Impulsive_Egg

If you could experience something for the first time again...

I think a lot about the things that I love, particularly pieces of media, that are so overwhelmingly fantastic in my eyes that I wish I could watch/read/listen to them for the first time again. For others that don't live like hermits like I do, this could also be an activity or meeting someone or just reliving certain memories.

For me, personally, I wish I could watch Arcane for the first time with my best friends again. It came out around this time last year, one act for three consecutive saturdays, and my buddies and I, being long-time League of Legends degenerates, hopped into Discord and watched the show together. It's a core memory for me, I haven't been that happy and that excited for anything in a long, long time and I just want to have it again. Hopefully for season two but it just can't come quick enough.

So what would you like to experience for the first time again, media or otherwise?

Probably the first time I ever played a pokemon game.

The first pokemon game I played was Diamond back in 2007. I just remember how magical it felt and I didn't have the internet spoiling every aspect of it for me either. Good times.

Definitely discovering the Dream SMP, it's almost ended now that Tubbo kinda left, so I wish I could re-experience discovering it again : )

I'd probably have to give it to playing Legend of Zelda: Twilight Princess. It's still my favorite in the series, and I'm still in love with Midna.

On 11/1/2022 at 11:16 AM, KiKat said:

Probably the first time I ever played a pokemon game.

The first pokemon game I played was Diamond back in 2007. I just remember how magical it felt and I didn't have the internet spoiling every aspect of it for me either. Good times.

It's such a good entry to the series, too. Lucario is the best ❤️

Edited by HeartJacker13

I'd love to meet my fiance again.  We went for dinner and bowling, then got drunk at his place. It was such a great day. I'd like to relive that. He's such a beautiful person either way, and I am happy I get to see him every day either way! :D

id give anything to be able to read Ender's Game for the first time again, or go see my first concert(Imagine Dragons and Macklemore) again

I'd love to ride a horse for the first time again. I went with my best friend at the time and it was super fun. He moved away at the end of the school year and I never saw him again.

19 hours ago, Tsunami_Void said:

id give anything to be able to read Ender's Game for the first time again, or go see my first concert(Imagine Dragons and Macklemore) again

I would kill to read Six of Crows for the first time again i swear

Experiencing something for the first time again... death because you generally only get to experience it once in total and it'd be your first time! Also, true death implies that you get to know what comes after before you do it a second time, which is quite cool imho.

To get a little meta, I miss discovering internet forums like this for the first time. There were so many active and niche communities I discovered and participated in. I'm glad this one is still around and I get to participate in this type of community again.

On 12/6/2022 at 9:52 PM, snaz said:

To get a little meta, I miss discovering internet forums like this for the first time. There were so many active and niche communities I discovered and participated in. I'm glad this one is still around and I get to participate in this type of community again.

Yes!!! I remember the first forum I joined way back when I was 12, it was a fansite for Avatar: The Last Airbender and I was just following my older sister around. It’s actually what led me to the dragon cave! The forum isn’t around anymore, but it was one of the coolest things I was happy to be a part of at the time. 

Marriage, but I don't want to be miserable, abused, or surrounded by people who try to make it about themselves. 😿

Breath of the Wild! Such a beautiful game that never gets old, but it never hits QUITE like that first time again 

Many things, but probably something that left a great impact on my life during hard times like Guild Wars 2, Minecraft, Stardew Valley, other various games, movies, anime - especially Death Note. The How to Train Your Dragon franchise is incredible and I'd love to re-experience that from scratch. If I had to choose for real-life events I'd go with experiencing my childhood again from age 4 to 8 before my parents split up and we moved away from my home city of Toronto. I'm 30 years old now, but childhood always seemed like such a magical time in my life, and also feels like it's from a completely different time. These days things feel so different and can change on a dime, with more stress and worry about if we'll make it another year. Childhood truly was the "good old days".

I wish I could experience playing my pokemon games again for the first time, especially Heartgold. That's one of my core memories and it feels so good to remember how I didn't care about stats or natures or anything. I was just goin with my little guys.

I’d like to play Bioshock 1 for the first time. There was something desperately and beautifully lonely about the setting and it took my breath away. Love to do the first time over again just for that feeling. 

Oooh, so many things! That's a hard question.

First thing that came to mind for me was riding a rollercoaster. Especially because I love rollercoasters now, but I don't even remember the first time I rode one, or if I was scared or not, or how I felt afterwards.

For games... maybe playing minecraft for the first time. It can be such an eerie, sad game if you don't know what's going on. Or don't fill it with friends/mods like I tend to do nowadays.

Most of all, if we're talking media, I'd like to experience video games for the first time again. I recall being young and my parents allowing me to play games online for 30 minutes (!!!) on the weekend days. I only ever played two games: A small 2D game in which you were a fish and you had to dodge bigger fish and eat smaller ones to grow, and a weird early 3D game in which you were a ufo flying over a small village and you had to find and abduct people. Both these games I recall being, simple, stupid hard, but also so much fun. I wouldn't know where to begin finding them again, though.

Edited by Zonnedauw

-When I was ~10, I got 5 stars on Just Dance's 2014 In the Summertime. It was my first full-score song and I was so proud I was so excited to show my sister.

-I would want to watch some movies for the first time again, e.g The Breakfast Club and Stand By Me.

- I'd want to read some books that I read when I was a kid. Including Holes and The Compound, some books that I thought were really great while reading them.

-Getting a snake when I was 7 from a late family friend and getting my cat when I was 8/9

-Having a Christmas when my family was happily together, or any family function really-

On 11/16/2023 at 3:36 AM, RhiannonCelestine said:

I’d like to play Bioshock 1 for the first time. There was something desperately and beautifully lonely about the setting and it took my breath away. Love to do the first time over again just for that feeling. 

Oh yeah and the story blew my mind as well!

I'd re-experience my first time reading wings of fire, or warriors

or last last friday, Dec. 22.