bananas4monkeys8

Back after 10 years? Need guidance :-)

Hello! I used to play this game when I was a kid, and was magically able to enter my account from 2012. I'm not sure if anyone has some good advice on where to start, but I'd love to play again. If there's a resource with dragon names and new eggs, or if anyone wants to take a peek at my dragons, I'll link it here. I don't know if anything I have is of value to anyone, but I'd be happy to help if I could. 

Anyway, hello again! 

10 minutes ago, bananas4monkeys8 said:

Hello! I used to play this game when I was a kid, and was magically able to enter my account from 2012. I'm not sure if anyone has some good advice on where to start, but I'd love to play again. If there's a resource with dragon names and new eggs, or if anyone wants to take a peek at my dragons, I'll link it here. I don't know if anything I have is of value to anyone, but I'd be happy to help if I could. 

Anyway, hello again! 

Welcome back!  Hope you have fun coming back!  :D

There's a wiki which has a ton of great information including a release timeline so you can see all the stuff that came out since you left in chronological order and an Egg Identification Guide for help with the egg descriptions and the visuals for hunting around on the Abandoned Pile.  There's also some old dragons from back then that have since been replaced with new (though similar in appearance) breeds as of last year.

There's also the mentoring project which might be useful, or you can always feel free to ask specific question if you need any particular direction rather than just general information!

There's definitely been some new features added as well as some dragons that use existing mechanics in new ways (some will change into different color versions if you do things like Incubate them and stuff!)

I want to add that since Halloween is coming soon there is now a Holiday biome available during the week leading up to the 31st where you can catch caveborns of any past Halloween release.

The biome also reappears in the week leading up to Christmas and Valentines day so you can catch past dragons from those holidays too. Caveborn Holiday and Valentines dragons are limited to two but you can have unlimited bred dragons from those holidays. Halloween dragons are still unlimited