Cal-ifornia

The Yellow Dragon Appreciation Project

Why Yellow?

Yellow is a beautiful color, and it deserves to be appreciated. It’s my favorite, and I’m sure the favorite of others too. This breeding project is all about loving the color yellow! I don’t see these breeds nearly as often as some of the others. I’d like to rectify that!

Guidelines

If you have 3 or more  yellow breeds, you can have half that number of “accent breeds” (rounded down). This means if you have three yellow breeds, you can have one accent breed, four or five yellow breeds get two accent breeds, etc.

All dragons must be named. Can’t find a unique name you like? Try giving the dragon a title! I have two examples here.

I have two examples of valid lineages (although you don't need to have this many generations):

Spoiler

Three yellow breeds, one accent breed (Black Capped Teimarr)

768716176_Screenshot2022-06-04at16-44-07Dragcave-LineageBuilderHeartofBlue.thumb.png.25fadee0c55b22f1a461ff1a88d429ac.png

Spoiler

Three breed lineage

489408531_Screenshot2022-06-04at16-44-34Dragcave-LineageBuilderHeartofBlue.thumb.png.8d0b31f048b691a78e942c411a9f394b.png

Participating

There are several ways to get involved.

Donating - As long as they’re one of the pairings mentioned, they’re golden! Let people know what you’re willing to donate to others in need.

Gifting - Get the wrong breed for your plans? You can post a link to the egg using the form and anyone is welcome to pick it up. Or if you have a CB of one of the breeds you can feel free to drop it in here.

Requesting - 2g+ eggs may be requested. CBs cannot be requested, but again I will note that they can be dropped in the forum as gifts.

Discuss the plans you have - Is there a specific dragon breed you want to take over your line, overcoming the others? Do you want to breed them and make a large, long stairstep alternating between breeds? Or maybe a messy lineage? All discussions related to the plans you have and progress you’ve made are welcome.

“Yellow” Breeds

Pyrovar, Yellow-Crowned Dragon - These breeds are up to a vote! Should they be included in the breeds we’re allowing to be bred?

These are the acceptable breeds for this project.

Astaarus (male only)

Brimstone

Yellow Iris Floret Wyvern

Freckled Dragons

Citrine Gemshards

Golden Wyverns

Harvest Dragons

Imperial Fleshcrowne

Kingcrowne

Leodon

Golden Lunar Heralds

Melismor

Yellow Sapphire

Turpentine

Venturis

Forms

I would like to join!

Scroll name:

Forum name:

Breeding plans:

If you are willing to donate, include what you’re offering here

Another dragon joins the line!

What generation is it?:

LINK to the egg’s lineage

Are you willing to breed siblings for others?:

A gift just for you!

Generation:

Teleport Link

Any requests for the person picking the egg up?

A little help please!

Generation you’re looking for:

What parents/breed are you looking for?:

Edited by Serotina

I've almost got enough brimstones to work on that V. Been getting really lucky lately - I really couldn't find any for a long time. And I got my first egg for it!

A gift just for you!

Generation: 2

Teleport Link

Any requests for the person picking the egg up?

Another dragon joins the line!

What generation is it?: 2

XuuhR

Are you willing to breed siblings for others?: Yes

Edited by Serotina

I like the idea of yellow dragons; I play on another game and I do have a fondness for that color/those colors. That being the case on whopping "day two" and having three of four max eggs it's gonna be a while till I can contribute.

It does sound fun tho!

Okay let's do this appropriately:

I would like to join!

Scroll name: Newtinmpls

Forum name: Newtinmpls

Breeding plans: Other than try to breed pretty dragons, ideally lots of yellow, I'm pretty clueless/new

If you are willing to donate, include what you’re offering here: When I have anything to donate, I'll be happy to share/suggest/offer. Right now I can offer lots of encouragement and clicks

6 minutes ago, lexi_ said:

i have, like, a billion brimstones if anyone needs me to breed them with ANYTHING. lol. 

Oh. I don't have any! I would be interested, but I'd ask you to give me about a 12 hour to a day warning so I can make sure I have a spot cleared.

As of yet, there are very few types of dragons that I have more than a single one; but I'll always give a try to a breeding. Which reminds me, I really need to try for more purple dragons.

1 minute ago, newtinmpls said:

Oh. I don't have any! I would be interested, but I'd ask you to give me about a 12 hour to a day warning so I can make sure I have a spot cleared.

https://dragcave.net/group/150865-z1d-cb-brims

;) just ask at any time if you need them paired with anything, i have almost all the breeds except for a few released in the past year i am still working on.

Hi!  This sounds like fun.  🙂  And I've been meaning to get more involved in the Breeding forum for ages!

I would like to join!

Scroll name: Kelkelen

Forum name: Kelkelen

Breeding plans: My first ever 6th-gen lineage plan: the lyrics to Coldplay's "Yellow", made up of 4 joined yellow dragon checkers -- so it will include 8 types of dragons, total.  The first pairing is Astaarus x Venturis (to match the lyrics about stars/sky), then Golden Wyvern x Yellow Zyu, Melismor x Harvest, and Brimstone x Turpentine. 

If you are willing to donate, include what you’re offering here: any 2G common offspring that might help anyone!  Also, any offspring from my eventual project.  I can help you catch CBs, too!

My first egg!

Screenshot_20230224_133247_Firefox.thumb.jpg.d940e7bd7dd2622a4a2080af2a9b6a87.jpg

The plan:

https://chazza.me/dc/lineage-builder/view/6246fe51fd80ca4aee30df98dc45f6d744ce72c9

Edited by Kelkelen

On 2/24/2023 at 6:06 AM, Kelkelen said:

Welcome!

That is a gorgeous lineage!!! I look forward to seeing the progress on it!

And just an update on my project:

Still need 6 male Brimstones, and 3 female Brimstones. Then I'll have every CB I need. I did try to breed that original pair again (because the 2g gendered wrong, my bad) but got the wrong breed.

On 2/22/2023 at 7:27 PM, lexi_ said:

i have, like, a billion brimstones if anyone needs me to breed them with ANYTHING. lol. 

Thank you!! Appreciate your help with this