Onakra

Sorting: Have a Checkmark for Gender

Support! As someone who's been plugging away at a scroll goal of three CB breeding pairs per species (six CBs total per species), having a gender sort would make it so much easier to figure out which breeds I still need and which way they need to be influenced without me having to manually sift through fourteen pages worth of CBs.

On 7/16/2023 at 8:59 AM, D-wing said:

Support! But do we still need aeon's precognition if we have a gender sort? maybe only acting on adult/frozen hatchlings?

I'd imagine we'd still need them for eggs since those can have their gender changed on a whim (provided they're above the 3d1h threshold) and we have at least one breed (Nebulas) that doesn't sort with alike dragons until after it genders; I could see a similar system being implemented with gender: eggs sort wherever they would be sorted normally (since they're more flexible at this stage) and ungendered hatchies could either sort by gender (since the gender can no longer be changed) until they grow up or sort at the top/bottom of their species variants (depending on what other sorting options are in place) until they gender.

3 hours ago, Myoukin said:

we have at least one breed (Nebulas) that doesn't sort with alike dragons until after it genders

Just to mention, this is only partially true.  While they don't sort with like dragons of their exact color until gendering, they will sort with the like group in terms of blue/purple or orange/green even as an ungendered hatchling (though not as an egg).

Which does actually create an interesting problem that I didn't think about before.  How a gender sort would work intersecting with breed variants that sort differently.

If you have all 4 Nebula variants, would all the males sort together and all the females together?  Or would you still have distinct breed sorting, so all the males of one color still distinct from all the males of the other and same for females?

It also raises the question of Neglecteds, with their male/female/unknown genders, as well as if we get any dragons in the future that also include an unknown gender for adults/s2 hatchlings.

I still would love a sort feature like this, but now I'm thinking it's a lot more complicated than it seemed at first

On 8/13/2023 at 5:45 PM, KageSora said:

Which does actually create an interesting problem that I didn't think about before.  How a gender sort would work intersecting with breed variants that sort differently.

If you have all 4 Nebula variants, would all the males sort together and all the females together?  Or would you still have distinct breed sorting, so all the males of one color still distinct from all the males of the other and same for females?

It also raises the question of Neglecteds, with their male/female/unknown genders, as well as if we get any dragons in the future that also include an unknown gender for adults/s2 hatchlings.

I still would love a sort feature like this, but now I'm thinking it's a lot more complicated than it seemed at first

They do tend to sort within each other - all my striped dragons still sort by color without any assistance. Same with my nebula variants. The gemstones are by color by default, they're essentially their own species within a species probably by coding.

Hatchlings probably wouldn't be affected, but if any have to be, could be that any unknown or no genders are sorted after the first two.