Kelkelen

Fiona's Closet not working on mobile

Hi!  So, the new event looks super cute and fun!  BUT... I can't play it!  😞 

I have a new mobile phone -- Samsung S21, I think -- and the latest version of Android.  Just made sure everything was updated!

Nothing happens if I double click any objects, either in the magnifying glass or directly on the image.  Is this a glitch that is being resolved?  Should I not expect it to be?  Or is it an issue with my phone? 

Thanks!

Edited by Kelkelen

I'm not able to reproduce issues on any Android device I've tested. What browser are you using? Are there any modifications installed such as ad blockers?

Mozilla Firefox, and no ad blockers.  Looking in the event thread, it seems several players are unable to get it to work on their mobile phones. 

Oh!  I just tested it on my phone's built-in Samsung browser, and it works!  Maybe Firefox is the issue!

@TJ09

I have issues on mobile, too.  However, mine are different from Kelkelens.  After the first story, these other games don't have matching triggers to their item locations.  I tried refreshing and clearing my casche, but it doesn't seem to do anything.

I do have a possibility for this bug: maybe the mobile size is too small for an accurate tap.  Or the programs for the other days were somehow different from the first.

I hope this helps!  It's no fun when you play a clicking puzzle that doesn't submit the items you search for...

I use Safari on both mobile and my laptop, and I'm unable to accurately click any of the items. I know what I'm looking for but the cursor doesn't correspond with what ends up being clicked :( 

On 2/17/2022 at 6:40 AM, terrerio35 said:

@TJ09

I have issues on mobile, too.  However, mine are different from Kelkelens.  After the first story, these other games don't have matching triggers to their item locations.  I tried refreshing and clearing my casche, but it doesn't seem to do anything.

I do have a possibility for this bug: maybe the mobile size is too small for an accurate tap.  Or the programs for the other days were somehow different from the first.

I hope this helps!  It's no fun when you play a clicking puzzle that doesn't submit the items you search for...

I'm experiencing the same problem.

Obviously, on the first day, regardless of the location of the magnifier, I remember(But I'm not sure) that it was recognized if there was an object at the touched location.

However, from the second time on, the focus of the magnifier should be on the object I want. When it's focused, it doesn't matter where I click on the screen.

I played both PC and mobile, and I used more PC, so I don't remember exactly. :(

Just to add -- when I tried to play it on Firefox on my Android phone, same issue, but from day one.  Literally, nothing happened, regardless of where I clicked in the magnifier or outside of it.  The same thing still happens if I test it in Firefox. 

I don't know if it can help in time for this event, but hopefully this is useful info for programming future ones!