Spiteful_Crow

ANSWERED:Snow Wars crashes on mobile

Thought I'd try one more time to make a thread for this issue. Per TJ's recommendation, it will only deal with this issue, so if you are having other problems with the game, please make a separate thread for them.

Snow Wars 2 consistently crashes on mobile, specifically, my ASUS tablet, using Android 7.0

I had some extra time to mess around tonight and downloaded Firefox to see if switching to a different browser would help. Brand new, up-to-date version of Firefox and the same problem happens: Any attempt to play Snow Wars results in an instant browser crash. The loading bar will show, but crash and go to the desktop/home screen before it finishes. I attempted to switch to a desktop mode version of the site, and at first it seemed to work, displaying the page, but then crashed upon trying to load the game. All other games load and work more or less as intended, so it only seems to be this one that has a problem.

I have been having this problem ever since the Advent Calendar came out. It's really frustrating because I would love to be able to play Snow Wars again, but it seems I'll never be able to play it on mobile unless whatever bug this is finally gets fixed. I'm at a loss for what to do.

I think it's just a "heavy" game to run. Mine technically works on mobile (latest version of chrome, android 8.0) but if I try to battle, it lags like crazy when I select a weapon. It's almost a half minute process to pan over to the enemy fort, and same for the way back. Too many items to load possibly? But you never know, if there is a specific bug maybe it's fixable.

There shouldn't be anything that a website can do to crash the entire browser--that sounds like a device issue. As I already mentioned in the other thread, older mobile devices tended to have very buggy graphics drivers.

I tried to see if I could find any info about my drivers, but found nothing in the settings/info. I tried to see if I needed a system update, but it said I didn't. I wanted to try checking it on someone's newer tablet, but didn't get the chance. Nor did I have time to try it on my PC before the event ended, sadly.

On 1/3/2022 at 5:46 AM, MissK. said:

Too many items to load possibly?

Pretty sure this is it. When I used to try the old number value way of sorting my dragons on my main scroll on the tablet (since the other ways wouldn't work), it used to lag extremely bad. I'm talking about fighting the thing for an hour or more sometimes. Luckily it doesn't do that anymore (though it's been a while since I sorted anything), but clearly it had issues.

In any case, the event is over and nothing got solved, so this thread can be closed. Hopefully next year I'll have better luck, maybe get a new tablet.