AroaraAngelwolf

Dragons of Avendar: War or peace OOC

Okay I added some unique plants to An-nok, now who wants theirs to be done first? I have all the ideas (3-5 plants and animals each biome) I just don't know what one to write next

This is Sky's

Name: Violet (Vi for short)

Domain: Fire

Human looks: she's about 5'3" tall with long dark, black hair with some purple in it and hazel eyes. she wears her hair up in either a ponytail or down her back in a braid. she wears a teal burkini with a white cloth that covers her head with white sandals.

Dragon looks: her dragon form's red with a long, thin body, and a mane that goes from the top of her head down to her tail (think Mushu, but bigger; she's a Chinese fire dragon)

Marking(s): she has a mark that looks much like flowing lava trailing down behind her right arm from her shoulder blade down to her elbow. it glows red in her human form but shows up as black in her dragon form.

Chosen powers: lava, dragon fire

Offense Power: Avalon natural fire

Personality: quiet most of the time around strangers unless spoken to or after she knows them a bit better, keeps mainly to herself in groups unless Minerva's around and then she sticks mainly with her, and kind.

Non-magic weapons: none, but would like to learn

Other: her special skills are mainly her dragon powers.

Name: Minerva (Min or Erve for short)

Domain: Fire

Appearance: she's 5'5" tall with long red hair with blonde highlights that she pulls back so that it's out of her eyes with Nile green eyes. like her cousin, she wears a burkini but one of a purple color and a black cloth that covers her head with tan sandals.

Personality: protective of her cousin Violet much like an older sister, kind mainly with Violet unless she knows other people better and then she's kind to others as well, and a bit mysterious.

Weapons: none and like her cousin, would like to learn

Other: she likes to look up at the night sky either by herself or with her cousin and try to find constellations she knows

Edited by AroaraAngelwolf

i'd be interested to see what you had planned for shahala!!

i imagine the island + ocean biome would lend to a lot of cool ideas

Alright! Yes and Avatar the last Airbender may have been a small influence on a couple creatures and flowers.

Flora and fauna:

Shahala: a warm lush set of islands in the southern ocean.

Fauna:

Monitor lizard- a medium size mount that can swim easily and run fast on land. Often in hues of green and blue with colorful coral like patterns on the males and more muted sandy tones on the females. They look like large iguanas. They can be trained to take messages, help push fish into nets and have a demeanor similar to dogs.  

Hanalo bird- a beautiful bird that's abundant in Shahala that come in a variety of colors. The feathers are often used as high end quills, make accurate darts and arrows in addition to beautiful feathered jewelry and headdresses the locals wear. The meat is quite tasty and sweet. Similar to the macaw in size and sound.

Zao-tzu- (sao-tsu) large electric eel dragons that lives along the trenches and drop offs around the island facing to open sea. Posses razor sharp fangs and a body capable of coiling around a small fishing boat and crushing it to splinters, the skull of the largest of these dragons is the high Chief's prized possession decorating the entrance to his hut. Killing one of these electric water dragons is a feat given to only the mightiest of warriors, and a form of right of passage. One kill can feed a small island and the meat tastes similar to salmon and sushi depending on the age and part of the beast it's taken from.

Flora:

Hakii nuts- large oblong nuts that grow in the palm trees with a tough outer shell and a soft yellow center cavity filled with sweet water.  The inside can be roasted like a chunk of meat before ground and placed on dishes for a unique floral and nutty flavor. When mixed in curry the same inside gives it a spicy flavor when mixed with onions.

Shalla Lilly (or Chief lilly)- a pale aquamarine colored plant with deep cobalt blue speckles on the petals. It's strong smell is like sunshine, sand and a upcoming storm. The petals are often dried and rolled into beads for special jewelry, or made and mixed other musks for a unique perfume the men of the mainland has taken a liking to.

Hakii leaves- brod and sturdy leaves as hard as the nut when plucked and laid out to dry. The uses are for baskets, hut roofs, stripped and woven into nets, small sails and shelters. If soaked in freshwater before drying they are soft and can be used as ponchos, blankets, hats and even dresses. 

avatar the last airbender is literally so good, the worldbuilding is just gorgeous so i totally see where the inspiration is from!

havana please if you don't mind 🥺 can lyria have a cute pet... 

I'll do Havana in the morning then, between helping prep for the big meal. She may like one in particular from Sash-Har that's a common one ;) I wouldn't have a rp with dragon shifters and not have dragons in them. The more intelligent ones like our characters have disappeared when war between nations broke out over a hundred and fifty years ago. Although, these ones are smaller than a pigmy, able to fit inside coin purses, safes and chests.

This little bestie is called the Coin dragon, ones that are larger are called Vault or Bank dragons. Trained from the day it's hatched the Coin dragon (Coigon for short) are native and bred in Sash-Har and imprints on the one who hatched it so when presented the treasure, it lets only it's imprinted one, or if given a signal and a treat by it's owner, the person it's owner also entrusted their treasure too. It's often paired male keeper to female Coigon and vice versa. 

oh right, thanksgiving!! super sorry, we don't celebrate over here so i completely forgot it was a holiday for americans. have a good one, and no rush !! : D

a coigon sounds lovely if there's a reason she would have gotten one from sash-har -- maybe through travelling or as a gift from someone? it would be cute, i'm imagining one that's small enough to hide on her shoulders between her hair. what colours are they usually? 

The colors of money, gold, silver, copper, bronze and the precious stones. So they can hide effectively in with coins and jewelry. So anything shiny and expensive color. They are common around the mainland, mostly in Havana and Sash-Har due to merchant trade having multiple and they multiply like rabbits XD

ooh i love the monitor lizards. having any animal act like a dog is one of my favorite things in any media. i also really like the taste details for some of the plants! i wanted Favian to be good with plants and cooking so that actually works out really well!

oh! and have a happy thanksgiving!! good luck with the meal prep!!

1 hour ago, AroaraAngelwolf said:

The colors of money, gold, silver, copper, bronze and the precious stones. So they can hide effectively in with coins and jewelry. So anything shiny and expensive color. They are common around the mainland, mostly in Havana and Sash-Har due to merchant trade having multiple and they multiply like rabbits XD

aw that's so cute 🥺🥺 i'll think of a potential coigon colour / name and dm it to you to add to her sheet later today! ^^ 

Alright!  I added it to your sheet so If anyone wants to check it out.  Now that family time is done, let me write out the last two biomes.

Sash-Har: a largely desert climate with scorching sands and small oasis scattered about.

Fauna~

Coigon- the Coin dragon (ones that are larger are called Vault or Bank dragons) are trained from the day it's hatched the Coin dragon (Coigon for short) are native and bred in Sash-Har and imprints on the one who hatched it so when presented the treasure, it lets only it's imprinted one, or if given a signal and a treat by it's owner, the person it's owner also entrusted their treasure too. It's often paired male keeper to female Coigon and vice versa. The colors of money, gold, silver, copper, bronze and the precious stones. So they can hide effectively in with coins and jewelry. They are common around the mainland, mostly in Havana and Sash-Har due to merchant trade having multiple and they multiply like rabbits. They have four small limbs and tiny wings, often spit small but very hot flames and retractable needle like serrated teeth. They enjoy rock candy, chocolate coins, and candied nuts as treats but mostly eat bits of chicken or pork. Anything sweet or salty they enjoy. Smallest is the size of a baby's fist, largest the size of a large house cat.

Sand Wyrm- a large serpentine creature capable of eating a whole camel that hides along the hottest ridges of sand. They are often the color of the red sand. They strangle their prey, although ones that live in the black sands of the southern desert have hoods that unfurl when approached and deadly venom due to the volcanic wasteland they dwell in.

Jackkhi hound: large thin and built for speed these white hounds have thick black paws made for sand. They are lanky like greyhounds, but slightly smaller than horses they are only able to carry a small light human on their backs. Usually one would see a team of them pulling a sand sled for deliveries. They are omnivores and very social animals, making it impossible to own only one. Their calls are an erie scream earning them the nickname the screaming ghost. Able to track through sand, can find freshwater just by smell, and hear creatures beneath the sand in their long pointed ears they are the companions any traveler has when traversing the desert.

Flora~

Orsi fruit: (or-sigh) a sickly yellow looking spiny fruit that, when skinned, has a sweet grainy texture similar to pineapple. Often smoked, juiced, dried, or grilled this fruit has the ability to quench one's thirst in the desert. 

Heybi flower: a black and white lilly that grows at freshwater ponds or Oasis, often on a lily pad. The roots give the water a sweet almost lemon flavor and are often cut, dried and ground to mix with chamomile for a relaxing tea. The flowers themselves are important food for silkworms and can be used to make colors of dyes more vibrant.

Web trap: a completely white plant with the appearance of a Venus fly trap, only covered in spider webs. The smell gives off a unique perfume of roasting meat. The plant is carnivorous and eats mostly insects, small animals and unfortunately some coigons lost their lives to a plant. Luckily these only grow around pools of water that has soured and is unsafe to drink from.

Havana: long plains with scattered dense forests and marshlands.

Fauna~

Yubar- a thin fox like creature with a 10 foot long tail and a pale tip on the tail that close the same color of its eyes. Pitch black and dwelling in the marshlands these creatures are known to devour the souls and auras of people, creatures, and plants around the area. There are four colors that pertain to both their bejeweled eyes and glowing tail tips they used to lure their prey into a trap then a wrap their tails around them to devour their souls. They're bejeweled eyes can tell the difference in between auras. The four colors their eyes are ruby, aquamarine, amber, and diamond. Ruby devours those with wicked souls, aquamarine devours the innocent, amber devours both, and diamond only eats plant energy.  Humans often hunt them to collect their jeweled eyes and make them into glasses or monicals to allow them to see the auras of those around them who who either wishes them harm or is lying to them.

Una-Terrace: these creatures are larger than horses but very horse-like often having one horn that curves like a bow protruding from the center of their forehead. They are used to travel fast, more reliable than horses and stamina and strength, and come in a variety of colors similar to horses. Their horns can vary in color most often a soft rose gold color. They enjoy eating meat often devouring several sheep and one meal. Inside their mouths when can find three rows of serrated tiny teeth, often dark blue or black inside the mouth and have a snake like ability to open their mouths wider than it looks. They have a second pocket to hold the valuables of their owners that they can access with their long dark blue or black prehensile snake-like tongues.

Blue horned Bison: similar in size and build to a buffalo they have two sets of horns. One on the sides of their heads as big as a longhorn, the other  set are thick rhinoceros like horns on their nose. The blue is only on their nose horns. They travel in large herds and the main food source of the tribes of Havana. The bones are sturdy and flexible, used as bows, horns make goblets and horns for communication, and the meat is quite juicy, thick and can be used in many different dishes.

Flora~

Fire corn: just like corn on the cob but takes a orange color that turns red when boiled. It is spicy, good with butter and often made into fire kettle corn. 

Daku: a white radish looking plant that smells like onions but tastes like pineapple. 

Wrapping moss: a deep green moss that grows on trees in the marshlands always facing south. When removed and dried they help wounds heal faster. When boiled then dried the water can help internal bruising and the moss could be used as a splint to help broken bones. 

Edited by AroaraAngelwolf

okay :). where would you like us to have our characters be or does it not really matter? just curious in case you want them to be somewhere specific before I post as mine.

okay. I'll get my post up soon or later this evening before I go to bed.