cafuneandchill

An API or a similar system for creating custom DC scroll skins / alternative front-ends

I've seen people wishing for alternative skins (see the spoiler), and I myself want to have a site skin customized to my preferences.

Therefore, my suggestion is to have a system that would allow users to make their own site skins and be able to use them. One particular way that could be achieved is by importing a CSS file that would define the theme.

Another semi-related idea is to have an option to create separate front-ends entirely, either in the form of a web interface or a downloadable client application.

Spoiler

Support. If stuff I want isn't going to be added then at least make it add-able by other people. 

I THINK allowing CSS files would get too close to being able to modify other things, a no-no.

You agree that you will not attempt to "cheat" or bypass any site restrictions in any way. Cheating includes, but is not limited to:

• Attempts to force or trick users to click your eggs, hatchlings, or dragons without their consent.
  • Abuse of any unintended behaviors in the site’s code.
  • Using browser addons, scripts, or other tools that modify pages on the site in order to give users of said addons an advantage over other users.

One can usually (I am told) effectively get a new skin using existing browser add-ons.