hippocamus

New sorting

I propose a new way of sorting dragons, which I adhere to.
By the date of appearance of the genus.
Thus, all undead dragons will be together, and the festive ones will be in the appearance feed.
Floret Wyverns, New Xenowyrms, New Nebula, Black Stripped - at the discretion of the management. I was personally guided by the paragraphs of the encyclopedia.

Something like this:

https://dragcave.net/user/hi-cam

Edited by hippocamus

So, basically 'date breed was released' sorting? I could get behind that, though there are definitely breeds where that gets murky.  (What about the recent Sprite Replacements where entire breeds were totally redone, would they sort among this-year's breeds or would they sort where they originally were introduced?)

Edited by HeatherMarie

I would love partial options. I want to set my scroll to something like a rainbow sort but tag a small gallery of favourites to put at the top like the custom sort option.

(unless this is doable right now and I'm just not using it right)

Forgot to mention - I also love op's idea of grouping dragon types together!

Edited by Rinah

37 minutes ago, Rinah said:

I would love partial options. I want to set my scroll to something like a rainbow sort but tag a small gallery of favourites to put at the top like the custom sort option.

I would love this. The inability to keep certain things at the top is the only reason why I don't use the rainbow sort and instead manually sort everything.

That being said, I wouldn't use the "sort by release date" option, but I support it because I can see why others might want it.

Yeah, just in general there are so many possibilities for sorting our scroll that I would love (and soooo many that have been suggested over the years). 'Pinning' certain dragons at the top regardless of sort is something I've wanted for a long time, I tried to do manual-sort for awhile but it just gets too tedious to constantly manually sort every new thing. I would also really love some way to 'sub-sort', like I could use the auto-sort by breed but within that sort I could do a gender-sort so all the males/females sort together within each breed (just an example, but one I've thought about before). 

I probably wouldn't use a release-date sort, but if we also got sub-sorting it might be fun to play around with.