Melusina

Filter Scrolls by Various Traits - Advanced Search Options to save some data-wrangling headaches

Honestly, I just searched for this thread because I just tried to sort through 4,000 dragons to see which lineages I've bred so I can make an AP Breeding group. It would be so much easier if I can even just sort by CB and Bred dragons. It would save me so much time, and right now, it's so overwhelming that it's not worth my time. :( 

You CAN in a way:  what you CAN do is make a CB group, with one dragon and then go for "add dragons" and filter #CB. It's a bit pf a pain adding them, but still... Once they are in there, you can do the same thing with other attributes; pretend you are going to add, and filter by generation...

Here's a full list (AFAIK) of ones you can use: I forget what wonderful person posted this list - but I thank them most days !

Filter by generation:

• #cb — all cave born dragons
  • #bred — all non-cb dragons of any generation 
  • #2g, #3g, etc — all 2nd, 3rd, etc generation dragons only (excludes other generations)

Filter by source:

• #alpine, #coast, #desert, #forest, #jungle, #volcano — only shows cave born dragons from that biome
  • #cave
  • #market

Filter by breed:

• You need to have unlocked the breed in the encyclopedia to search by breed. For anything you haven’t unlocked check Encyclopedia Helpers, Dragon Encyclopedia spreadsheet, or Zombie spreadsheet.
    • #unknownbreed shows anything you haven’t unlocked or that doesn’t have an entry (like leetle trees and new releases)
  • black (no #) — black dragons, black tea/truffle/marrow, any dragons with black in their name
    • Includes anything with the word “black” in the breed/name/code, not case sensitive 
    • #blackdragon — excludes all that except black dragons
  • #aeonwyvern, #albinodragon, #aeriaglorisdragon, etc — use the encyclopedia name
    • Must use the full encyclopedia name, #aeon doesn’t work
    • For xenos its #xenowyrmaquilo, #xenowyrmaso, etc — no spaces or punctuation
    • Drop the punctuation in tri-horn wyvern, two-finned bluna, etc
    • The holiday dragons are #holidaydragon2007, #holidaydragon2008, etc — their nicknames (holly, yulebuck, etc) do not work
    • Valentines and Halloween dragons are as expected, with Val ‘09 being #valentinedragon2009
    • Prizes are #prizedragoneastern and #prizedragonwestern
    • Seasonals seem to need the season specified: #seasonaldragonspring works, #seasonaldragon doesn’t 
    • Zombies are actually #undeaddragon
  • Pygmy will currently find all pygmies except pumpkins purely by chance as they all have pygmy in their bred names
    • Also misses #redtailedwyrm
  • For non-dragons:
    • #paperdragon and #cheesedragon
    • gallus (no #) will find anything with the word gallus involved, including chickens
    • #<i>Gallusgallusdomesticus</i> with the html tags <i></i> will show just chickens

Same idea for dinos: #<i>Diplodocuscarnegii</i> - yellow,  #<i>Parasaurolophuscyrtocristatus</i> - green,  #<i>Pterodactylusmaximus</i> - purple,  #<i>Stegosaurusstenops</i> - red,  #<i>Triceratopshorridus</i> - blue

Edited by Fuzzbucket

I wish all of that would be written somewhere on-site, or at least pinned for everyone to see... I keep forgetting the formulas constantly :lol: (I also wish dinos were tagged as, you know, DINOS? And not their scientific name nobody uses, same for chickens I guess. But they usually sit at the very end of the scroll if it’s sorted by breed so...)

And they can't breed, so it doesn't really matter.

4 hours ago, DigitalGarden said:

I wish all of that would be written somewhere on-site, or at least pinned for everyone to see...

It sort of already is. The question mark tooltip near the Group search bar, both for creating and adding to Groups, tells you about tags and leads you to this page with a list of tags and details for tag use.

Screenshot_20240119-071942.png.6d13b4855b83dbc0a549806b920b9a07.png

10 hours ago, Fuzzbucket said:

You CAN in a way:  what you CAN do is make a CB group, with one dragon and then go for "add dragons" and filter #CB. It's a bit pf a pain adding them, but still... Once they are in there, you can do the same thing with other attributes; pretend you are going to add, and filter by generation...

Here's a full list (AFAIK) of ones you can use: I forget what wonderful person posted this list - but I thank them most days !

Filter by generation:

• #cb — all cave born dragons
  • #bred — all non-cb dragons of any generation 
  • #2g, #3g, etc — all 2nd, 3rd, etc generation dragons only (excludes other generations)

Filter by source:

• #alpine, #coast, #desert, #forest, #jungle, #volcano — only shows cave born dragons from that biome
  • #cave
  • #market

Filter by breed:

• You need to have unlocked the breed in the encyclopedia to search by breed. For anything you haven’t unlocked check Encyclopedia Helpers, Dragon Encyclopedia spreadsheet, or Zombie spreadsheet.
    • #unknownbreed shows anything you haven’t unlocked or that doesn’t have an entry (like leetle trees and new releases)
  • black (no #) — black dragons, black tea/truffle/marrow, any dragons with black in their name
    • Includes anything with the word “black” in the breed/name/code, not case sensitive 
    • #blackdragon — excludes all that except black dragons
  • #aeonwyvern, #albinodragon, #aeriaglorisdragon, etc — use the encyclopedia name
    • Must use the full encyclopedia name, #aeon doesn’t work
    • For xenos its #xenowyrmaquilo, #xenowyrmaso, etc — no spaces or punctuation
    • Drop the punctuation in tri-horn wyvern, two-finned bluna, etc
    • The holiday dragons are #holidaydragon2007, #holidaydragon2008, etc — their nicknames (holly, yulebuck, etc) do not work
    • Valentines and Halloween dragons are as expected, with Val ‘09 being #valentinedragon2009
    • Prizes are #prizedragoneastern and #prizedragonwestern
    • Seasonals seem to need the season specified: #seasonaldragonspring works, #seasonaldragon doesn’t 
    • Zombies are actually #undeaddragon
  • Pygmy will currently find all pygmies except pumpkins purely by chance as they all have pygmy in their bred names
    • Also misses #redtailedwyrm
  • For non-dragons:
    • #paperdragon and #cheesedragon
    • gallus (no #) will find anything with the word gallus involved, including chickens
    • #<i>Gallusgallusdomesticus</i> with the html tags <i></i> will show just chickens

Same idea for dinos: #<i>Diplodocuscarnegii</i> - yellow,  #<i>Parasaurolophuscyrtocristatus</i> - green,  #<i>Pterodactylusmaximus</i> - purple,  #<i>Stegosaurusstenops</i> - red,  #<i>Triceratopshorridus</i> - blue

By the way searching for groups also help. For example I would have a group called "statkin", and then I could filter for #statkin #2g

Not ideal but it's a workaround.

I just really want to be able to search for a dragon's parent

Um - go to that dragon and ask it ? (kinda :D

19 hours ago, Lushwave said:

It sort of already is. The question mark tooltip near the Group search bar, both for creating and adding to Groups, tells you about tags and leads you to this page with a list of tags and details for tag use.

Screenshot_20240119-071942.png.6d13b4855b83dbc0a549806b920b9a07.png

Ah, yes, the insignificant icon I tend to ignore lol. Thank you!