High Lord November

Undead BSA: Wound

I just wanted to put this in a new thread as it's a bit of a separate concept.  

BSA meta description: You guide your undead dragon to a living dragon, who attacks and wounds it. The wounded dragon is affected by death mana for a week, increasing the chances of it reviving as a zombie after being killed or dying. After a week, the death mana clears and the dragon recovers.

Name: Wound (or something similar)

Success description - adult dragon: (Undead dragon) sets its sight on (living dragon), wounding it in a vicious fight. Death mana swirls around the wound...

Success description - hatchling: (Living hatchling) stumbles into (undead dragon)'s path and is wounded before escaping. Death mana swirls around the wound...

Other notes:

I like this method because it still makes Undead dragons reliant on magic revival, as opposed to a BSA dragon like GoNs or Sinomorphs. If Undeads followed the same rules as traditional zombies, I feel like Valkemare would be overrun. I'm not a fanatic though, and will accept any method to improve the availability of obtaining an undead dragon. The current mechanics worked well when there were only 3 different sprite variants to obtain - we now have 54 different zombie sprites!

Failure rate: Given the fact Kill can be dodged so frequently, there shouldn't be a failure rate. Even with this BSA, I'm in support of reducing the dodge rate.

Kill slots - even with this BSA, I'm in support of still increasing the kill slots proportional to your trophy level. It could be something like +1 or +2 kill slots per level, ending up at a maximum of 9 or 13 kill slots at Platinum, respectively. Or it could be equal to your egg capacity - 4 death slots at no trophy, up to 8 death slots at Platinum. I don't really care which, it would be up to TJ and the gang on the specifics. 

Cheers,

HLN

Edited by High Lord November

Very interesting idea! I tried for my first Zombies in over five years last night and lost two that I really wanted to turn. If this increases the chance of success, it would be a great help!

Total support!

Zombie stuff is not really a part of my play style BUT I see it like this:

Given the number of zombie sprites it seems the game encourages zombie collecting as much as just any other play-style. 

If my play-style, be it collecting all species/hoarding 1 species/breeding x G or x line, has 4 BSA (incu,influ,prevog,fertility) to help me reach my goal easier/faster then why zombie colecting is lacking this help?!

If I want a rare PB Gold, I use a Purple to help...if you want a zombie...well good luck...hmmm doesn't sound fair

SUPPORT!

Edited by camelia2

Love Zombies, and I support anything that makes it easier to get them. Currently,  I only try for them on Halloween because that's where all my successes have occurred. (By successes, I mean the three that I've gotten since I started playing in 2008.)

All that being said, if this BSA were to be implemented, I'd suggest a cooldown, maybe like Vampires' bite BSA. 

I also, don't think this should guarantee a zombie, just marginally  raise the success rate of getting one. 

Undeededs still need to keep their rarity, imo.