sorenna

Obidar Xenos missing from Trading list?

Went to see if anybody had an Obidar Xeno for trade, only to realize they aren't on the list of breeds????

Does the breed list for trading work like the Encyclopedia, where you have to have a certain number of those dragons before the name shows up? 

Or is this just a glitch, i.e. someone went, "added the 6 new Xenos to the droplist after the release, all done!" when updating the site after the release and forgot there were actually 7 (1 per biome plus Staterae)?

no_obidar.png

You didn't unlock the Obidar egg in the encyclopedia.
That means that you can't see its egg when you're on the Obidar Xenowyrm page, you only see a shadow.

Try clicking some Obidar eggs in hatcheries to unlock the egg in the encyclopedia.

edit: oh crap i didn't notice that it was actually missing, very sorry

and yeah you need the egg in the encyclopedia to see it in normal cases

the missing obidar is a glitch

edit 2: damn i'm so stupid
yeah you didn't unlock the egg
why do i do this to myself

Edited by ChickpeaHummus

I can see Obidar?

image.png.97dde761153ba9f6fd79eb2d3ab0b7bf.png <-

Have you guys unlocked yours in the Encyclopedia?

I can see Obidar when I look. I don't think it's a glitch, I think you need to unlock the Obidar egg in Encyclopedia first, before it shows up in the breed search list on the trading hub. I currently don't have the Jester's dragon egg in my Encyclopedia unlocked, and it doesn't show up in the search list for me.

Viewing enough eggs will unlock it. But I also think if you get an Obidar egg on your scroll it will unlock the egg in the Encyclopedia, and then the breed in the trading hub's search will be added. :)

It seems to be a common misconception that you need to *have* a breed in order to unlock it in the Encyclopedia. You don't, you can unlock 100% of the encyclopedia just by viewing other people's dragons. For eggs especially, it's usually pretty easy to open a hatchery and find some to click on. 

Thanks, everyone!  I knew I didn't have them unlocked in the Encyclopedia; I just wasn't aware that the trade list was tied to the Encyclopedia.  (I don't like Obidars enough to bother unlocking them deliberately, so they'll stay locked unless it happens by accident.)