antigod

BSA Suggestion: Nullify

I suggest a BSA for reversing all BSA actions performed on unfrozen eggs and hatchlings. This BSA will revert an influenced egg back into being uninfluenced, a stunned egg/hatchling into having one less day on it and being able to gain views again, etc.

I think a good fit for a BSA like this would be Cassare dragons, as they weaken the magic of dragons and humans around them. However, the magic nulled around them is indiscriminate, so players would not be able to specifically choose which previously chosen BSAs are nullified. It is a blanket effect which will nullify all pre-existing BSA effects on any chosen unfrozen egg or hatchling.

Nullify will affect the following BSAs:

• Incubate - Eggs which have been incubated gain one day onto their time remaining until death.
  • Influence - Eggs who have been influenced by Pink dragons are no longer guaranteed to gender the way they were previously influenced.
  • Stun - Eggs/hatchlings which have been stunned will both lose a day from their time remaining until death and will be able to gain views.
  • Ward - Eggs which have been warded and hatchlings that have hatched while under the effects of Ward will lose their protective barrier from the Ward BSA.

Once Nullify is used, players are free to use Incubate/Influence/Stun again on the nullified egg/hatchling. I hesitate to say Ward should be able to be reapplied, but if it's able to be reapplied, then it is. Previously used BSAs are not refunded to whichever dragon(s) used them.

Nullify will be useful for undoing influences for the wrong gender/unneeded incubates without the use of Teleport, and will also be useful for undoing Stun if a player decides it is no longer necessary to have their egg/hatchling stunned.

Just thought I should get the idea out there. Sorry if something like this has already been posted. Thoughts/questions/concerns?

Edit: Specified that this action only works on one chosen egg/hatchling at a time.

Edited by antigod

With the chosen breed, this requires specific circumstances to make sense. If a BSA doesn't require magic, or only requires magic at the moment it is performed, then there seems to be no reason why a Cassare Dragon would be able to afterwards nullify the effect with its abilities.

I personally would like a BSA that has the consequences of a trade without an actual trade, though.

I think I've seen something like this come up before, and I like the idea. The only thing I don't like in this suggestion is that it would affect all eggs and hatchlings that have a BSA in use on them. I think it would be much more useful if we could just pick which egg/hatchling we want to use it on. If you want to perform an action on multiple eggs then you need multiple Cassare dragons. This wouldn't contradict the Cassare's magic-nullifying field either since the effect could be achieved by bringing the egg to the dragon instead of bringing the dragon to the nest.

@UnicornMaiden I actually suggested the very same ability for Vremyas and their time magic. I think the thread is very much on top of page 2 here.

@UnicornMaiden whoops, i didn't mean to say that it's applied to all eggs. i'll fix my wording. you pick and choose which egg it is applied to.

I agree with Mewtie - incubating an egg doesn't really require magic, and it's in the flavour text the Pinks only use their "knowledge of egg rearing" to influence gender (sort of implying that dragon eggs rely on something natural like temperature with many irl reptiles in order to be determined male or female). These two don't seem inherently magical to me, so Cassares may not be the most accurate fit? I'd suggest a dragon with very powerful magic instead of anti-magic to be able to alter already-performed actions. I think Olympe's Vreyma suggestion would be better suited to this sort of BSA for that reason, since they can essentially reverse time, and the creator of the dragon has p much given their blessing for it too.