sh20000sh

SH's puzzle

And some more things,

• You don't have to find anything from my profile or sig other than my Avatar in this time.
  • #31 has no role in front part.

As longer time than expected had been passed, I'll just reveal this.

IMG_4973.png

If there are someone already found this, you can do either say how to find it or just keep it as your own.

I personally thought finding this image is 75% of front part, so please don't try to think remaining of this part as too complicated.

Rear part is another story though.

Found this several days ago, no clue how to use it ...

(but don't I also don't have much time to actually focus on anything these days, sadly)

I... that is brilliant! I couldn't figure out the gif in your Avatar as that before, probably just me unable to discern lines and dots but still!

9 minutes ago, BlueLatios said:

I... that is brilliant! I couldn't figure out the gif in your Avatar as that before, probably just me unable to discern lines and dots but still!

The morse code image was hinted at in the source of the website (Capture.png) and the white text in the 2nd post, actually.

For the avatar, I did post a link to something that could help with accessing its details on the previous page ...

As concept of next puzzle -which will be at least not look like this- had been quite actualized, I'll just reveal password of front part - 'SINOMORPH'.

You can still try to figure how or why. (I tested few days ago and I confirmed there was no error on front part. Maybe have to test rear part again tho.)

By the way, are anyone still here?

Busy with IRL, and I feel not smart enough to solve this XD
But yea, I'll try again, but not before figuring out how is the front part of the password as such >.<

I don't even have an idea *what* to start with.

On 6/26/2019 at 4:33 PM, Fuzzbucket said:

I believe in the number 16 for Reasons. But....

What gave you reason to believe in that number?

On 7/2/2019 at 6:41 PM, sh20000sh said:
  • GIF loops.

It still can be hint of remaining of front part.

There are three types of frames in my current profile pic. And one of them appears only single time per loop.

13 hours ago, sh20000sh said:

There are three types of frames in my current profile pic. And one of them appears only single time per loop.

I thought there was only two frame types >.<

Two that are causing the flickering, and frame 31 is empty - probably the 3rd type.

The empty frame marks the start of a string, composed of long and short bits (with gaps in between) which translate to letters. The translation method has been hinted at with another image somewhere ...

Looks like the server is offline.

Edited by Ruby Eyes

Unlike front part,

Spoiler

rear part password is just 8 character long random string.

If you are wondering.

Edited by sh20000sh

I'm planning to wrapping up this one during August even if no one reach the finish line.

I just tested rear part again, it is also possible to be solved without any error.

Some hints for rear part are:

Spoiler
  • You don't have to turn or flip anything that you found at front part.
  • I said you may need guessing in some part before, I'll just say it now. It is {DOWN, UP, UP, DOWN}.
  • More visible version of my current Avatar is:
  • IMG_5996.gif

I will close this round officially. Thank you for participating if anyone are still here.

Code for rear part was SNWCXOHA - I'll not explain reason here.

One of my idea for closing this one is giving right to request for @Ruby Eyes as she made most progress according to information in this thread.

If you agree, PM me your request. Please don't request with too common ones as I think it would take too long time to breed something from them.

If anyone don't agree with this, or have other idea, please post your opinion this thread during this weekend.

I will be back with different puzzle at some point. (Hope to control its difficulty at that one...)

I haven't given up yet - I'll figure out what that image means XD

edit: well, I got it. @sh20000sh A hint for the future: when using HANDwriting, make your 1's and 7's more distinguishable, please.

Otherwise, it wasn't exactly difficult, just time-consuming (the kind of time-consuming where you look at it and think "okay, that's gonna take a while, let's go do something else first")

My notes (without the 7/1 correction)

stuffrpkeg.png

And what was that image with the 20 names on it for?

Edited by Ruby Eyes

On 8/20/2019 at 10:35 PM, Ruby Eyes said:

make your 1's and 7's more distinguishable, please.

It was intended, actually. I usually don't write 1 like that in normal cases.

That was on 'current thought thread', right? It was just complaint for there was written something else than my actual English name.

Oh, I see.

Well, in that case I cannot really say I'd have gotten the actual solution. I'd only have gotten the same stupid "31" again and probably just trashed all that stuff up there.

As I didn't put rules about closing round, you still can request something if you want. If I come back, I may have to set deadline up to 4 weeks. (I actually expected it would take a week or two when I made this...)

That part was guessing involved, actually. I thought 16 was not that big number. Maybe I just should make different output rather than "31" from those 15 inputs...

11 hours ago, sh20000sh said:

I actually expected it would take a week or two when I made this

Sorry, real life interrupted. The raw thinking and tinkering time was only a few hours, actually.

Welp, satisfying both of 'difficult enough preventing solved too immediately' and 'easy enough to keep enough people's interest' can be almost impossible.

I may will start working on next one soon. Before that, I'll set this small one here. If you get the answer, PM me with answer. Expected time of this one is 'less than one week'.

103.png.e5f3658c8baef05edd5b8eb6808009e8.png

You don't need anything other than this image.

Edited by sh20000sh

6 hours ago, sh20000sh said:

Expected time of this one is 'less than one week'.

Your optimism is lovely :D