QueenBluebird

Answered: Dead Dragon

Howdy y'all! I'm hoping you can help me. My boy Ozaatu just straight up died! I did not kill him, and there is no option to revive. Nothing about him shows up in my activity logs. 

I'm new to dragcave - do dragons die randomly? How do I attempt to revive him, or is this possible? I'd really like him back, I'm very fond of my dragons and his little tombstone makes me sad...

Edited by QueenBluebird

Adult dragons should not randomly die.  Once they're all grown up, there are only a few ways that it can happen.

You kill it yourself with the "Kill" action.  I just tested this and it does appear in the action log.  Another way is if you give your dragon an inappropriate name and/or description and it is killed by a member of site staff.  I'm not sure if that would appear in the action log or not.

I don't see anything wrong with his name.  Did you happen to try giving him a description?

If not I'll have this investigated as a glitch.

I most definitely did not kill him! I didn't give him a description either, I'll see if maybe my roommate did while I was letting her look at them. 

I would appreciate that! Is it normal for dead adults to not have an option to be revived, or do I need something special for that? I was reading that this is an option for recovering dragons. 

No, it's not something special you need to do. If your roommate did indeed kill him, it would have shown up in your action log as well as the revive action (I think, don't quote me on that)

Revive for adults should only appear if you use the "Kill" action.

@TJ09 Mind having a look at this?

Edited by LadyLyzar

The strange thing is that on the page it says "Unfortunately this dragon has died."

I just checked my Zombie sacrifices and there I have "Unfortunately your dragon has been killed."

10 minutes ago, Dalek Raptor said:

No, it's not something special you need to do. If your roommate did indeed kill him, it would have shown up in your action log as well as the revive action (I think, don't quote me on that)

This is correct based on my playtesting.

However I have no idea if a staff-killed dragon would appear in the log (my guess is not) or if the message would be the same.

@LadyLyzar

If you want you could kill this dragon on my scroll and we can check both the message on the dragon page and I'll take a look at the action log:  https://dragcave.net/view/HPsw1

Edited by Astreya

LOL no that's okay.  I only kill for legit reasons.  I'm sure TJ will have answers that I don't have.

Fair play :D  But I'd really be interested why that dragon says "Unfortunately this dragon has died."

MYSTERY SOLVED! She tried to add a meme to his description without looking at the rules. It was a jpeg link, which I think is automatically not allowed, and it did contain a swear word. (it was pretty funny though, imo) 

Question is, what now? Is he permanently dead and un-revivable? Can I explain what happened to someone and recover him? Does he stay as a tombstone on my scroll forever? I would like to recover him if possible, he was part of my very first batch of eggs on the site.