Vain.3805

Encouraging Subscriptions Without Penalizing its Absence

They may *load* at the same speed, but the browser still has to apply them, and the computer's own graphics card has to render them. May not be a connection issue, but more of an old-box issue? For my old laptop at home it is for sure.

I have a brand new (well, it's almost 3 months old now...) with everything as fast as I could afford. So - not an old box thing here.

It could be as simple and impossible to fix server side as incompatible hardware configurations.

Like how Windows updates make me have to reformat one of my desktops every time it's applied (only way to revert the update and unbrick the computer) while my other computer with different hardware (although the same hardware series) had a hiccup a year ago... and that's it.

17 hours ago, Ruby Eyes said:

They may *load* at the same speed, but the browser still has to apply them, and the computer's own graphics card has to render them. May not be a connection issue, but more of an old-box issue? For my old laptop at home it is for sure.

The site speed numbers I've quoted are both from a pure technical perspective (i.e. raw number of bytes your computer must download with a primed cache) and empirically-derived numbers that Google Analytics provides, which aggregates anonymous data regarding e.g. how long it took the page to become interactive and how long the full load took.

For the biomes in particular, I haven't seen much to suggest that browsers are struggling with the default layout.

I'm gonna pop in to say (even though ads supposedly don't impact hunting anyway), that if you're blocking ads and are even seeing the kitten thing, you need better adblock.

the only issues I had was after one of the win10 updates.. I use adblocker and I don't see that much issue except during heavier traffic times (read holidays)