Kavina2000

Team Ico

I can safely say Shadow of the Colossus is one of my favorite games. The musical score is beautiful, the designs are fantastic, and it's an iconic game where "scale" is done right. I think a lot of game companies can stand to go back and learn how to do boss fights from old classics like SotC.

I know The Last Guardian got stuck in development hell so I can't knock it too hard, but the brief portions I played were kind of boring. Still a very beautiful game, and the monkey-bird-cat-dog-rodent Trico was interesting in design to say the least. If they would just release the game to PC, maybe I could get the chance to play more and form a better opinion. Console exclusives, ugh =p

Hey guys, is it just me, or does Robert W. Smith's "Into the Storm" sound like most of the battle music?

I've never played Ico, but I love both The Last Guardian and Shadow of the Colossus. I only know about them because of how much Jacksepticeye loves them, but I can definitely see why. The worlds are really intriguing, the endings of both games are far from disappointing, and honestly... what more could you want than awesome giant creatures?

On 4/16/2018 at 12:57 PM, aqub said:

I've never played Ico, but I love both The Last Guardian and Shadow of the Colossus. I only know about them because of how much Jacksepticeye loves them, but I can definitely see why. The worlds are really intriguing, the endings of both games are far from disappointing, and honestly... what more could you want than awesome giant creatures?

Yeah, I also found out about these games through jacksepticeye.

I've played Ico and Shadow of the Colossus. Originally found both games while looking for a birthday or christmas present for my best friend some years ago - ended up buying her a PS3 package that contained both Ico and SotC which we then played together. I never cared much about Ico, but Shadow of the Colossus will forever be one of my favorite games. The ambiance of that game is so unique and the PS4 remaster is simply gorgeous.

I've been considering playing The Last Guardian for a while, but I'm hesitant to buy it because I feel like dealing with the AI could probably end up being more irritating than fun. Would be cool to hear some detailed opinions about the game especially regarding the controls/game design/AI.

I sucked at Ico and couldnt actually complete it (I was quite young when I played) but am enjoying my first play of SotC on PS2! Got to the electric water snake thing....

Ico really meant a lot to me when it first came out. Despite that, I never actually finished it, because I just could not find a way to proceed fairly late in the game and left it for so long that I couldn't remember where I'd been or what I'd been doing, whoops. One day I'll complete it! 

I love The Last Guardian, but it's a shame that it was released with some annoying bugs after years and years of waiting for it.
I've seen so many reviews complaining that Trico didn't listen, but I honestly didn't have that specific problem. Pet him if he does the correct thing! Then he learns and does it properly! I think a lot of players were mashing the command buttons and not giving his AI time to act.