leaf0701

Related Egg Sickness?

To start this: None of the eggs/hatchlings on my scroll were in any hatcheries at all, because I was concerned with the whole EATW mess. I just now logged back on and more than half of them are sick. I hid my scroll immediately before checking if they were on any click sites. Is there any other way at all that these eggs/hatchies could have gotten so many views in under an hour?

I seriously doubt that it was anything intentional, but I want to know whats going on. There's a CB Holly on my scroll right now, as well as a GoN and several eggs I needed for breeding projects. I'm terrified to lose any of them.

Edit: Since there's  nothing I can do about them now, can anyone give me a vague idea of how many views could prove fatal for eggs caught this afternoon and later?

Edited by leaf0701

5 minutes ago, leaf0701 said:

To start this: None of the eggs/hatchlings on my scroll were in any hatcheries at all, because I was concerned with the whole EATW mess. I just now logged back on and more than half of them are sick. I hid my scroll immediately before checking if they were on any click sites. Is there any other way at all that these eggs/hatchies could have gotten so many views in under an hour?

I seriously doubt that it was anything intentional, but I want to know whats going on. There's a CB Holly on my scroll right now, as well as a GoN and several eggs I needed for breeding projects. I'm terrified to lose any of them.

I would fog your eggs as well. If you didn't add them anywhere and you're sure that they weren't viewbombed, it's probably just curious people looking to see what you have--especially if you mentioned in the news thread or anywhere else that you have a CB holly on your scroll. 

Just now, Jazeki said:

I would fog your eggs as well. If you didn't add them anywhere and you're sure that they weren't viewbombed, it's probably just curious people looking to see what you have--especially if you mentioned in the news thread or anywhere else that you have a CB holly on your scroll. 

I hadn't posted anything in the past two days, and that doesn't seem to account for over 800 views on a brand new egg. I'm just confused and really don't want this to happen to anyone else.

Just now, leaf0701 said:

I hadn't posted anything in the past two days, and that doesn't seem to account for over 800 views on a brand new egg. I'm just confused and really don't want this to happen to anyone else.

Then it may be someone who clicked the holly (or any of your other dragons) and missed out and wanted to "help" them. I see that you had some rare dragons up for trade too, so they may just be annoyed if you turned down a trade. It's important to fog everything during holiday week if you can't watch them because any post on the forum could attract attention. 

Just now, Jazeki said:

Then it may be someone who clicked the holly (or any of your other dragons) and missed out and wanted to "help" them. I see that you had some rare dragons up for trade too, so they may just be annoyed if you turned down a trade. It's important to fog everything during holiday week if you can't watch them because any post on the forum could attract attention. 

I'm definitely planning on keeping them fogged. Thanks!

1 minute ago, leaf0701 said:

I'm definitely planning on keeping them fogged. Thanks!

You're welcome! If they're all still eggs, use ward too. It might help them get better. You can use it without having to unfog. 

Is there really nothing to be done for eggs that were killed because of this? I caught two Hollies last night and just found them and a random egg dead after waking up. I haven't put anything in hatcheries for months, yet all three eggs had about 1k views on them and nearly as many unique views. Oddly enough I had a fourth egg that only had less than 200 views/uniques.

7 hours ago, Safrienaer said:

Is there really nothing to be done for eggs that were killed because of this? I caught two Hollies last night and just found them and a random egg dead after waking up. I haven't put anything in hatcheries for months, yet all three eggs had about 1k views on them and nearly as many unique views. Oddly enough I had a fourth egg that only had less than 200 views/uniques.

I lost a CB Holly and a GoN last night, despite having fogged and warded them. There's no way I'm replacing either one any time soon...